11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2012 3:59 AM by redx473 RSS

Anger Management

Hi. I play Call of Duty a lot, and I get really angry fairly often. I either end up shouting at the TV and freaking my neighbors out, or holding back, forgeting to breathe and end up with a massive headache. I want to get this under control and not be the kind of guy you see on a "kid freaks out on MW3" type of video. I think there are enough people in this community with similar issues to understand my situation, and I hope that somebody can give me some advice on how to deal with anger in video games. Please be mature about this, it's a serious issue.

Thanks

• Re: Anger Management

Its the same with me, only applies to this game. I wonder why..

I cannot control myself on this game, the only way to stop myself is to get off or play another game

It really happens to me whenever I do poorly in ANY game. I just posted this here because its a popular forum where people can relate to anger issues in games

Do you have Black Ops??

If you do, everytime you get annoyed online go into combat training and place the bots on recruit, run Chopper + Dogs and rain down hell on them, it makes you feel better from the beating you just took or the bullshit deaths you just took.

Could work with survival but its not very fun IMO.

Dont know which part of the world you are in, but check out The British Association of Anger Management at beatinganger.com or beatingangerbirmingham.co.uk for help.  We have been researching this relationship with gaming, and can help with one of our programmes.  Happy to chat about it.

Dont know which part of the world you are in, but check out The British Association of Anger Management at beatingangerbirmingham.co.uk for help.  We have been researching this relationship with gaming, and can help with one of our programmes.  Happy to chat about it.

Check out The British Association of Anger Management at beatingangerbirmingham.co.uk for help.  We have been researching this relationship with gaming, and can help with one of our programmes.  Happy to chat about it.

Used to happen to me all the time, I don't know why, but I've calmed down. I only find myself getting upset when a game drags on with the same people. Once I start getting used to people's playstyles, I guess I start nitpicking, I'm not quite sure, though.

I hear you bro...

Unfortunately CoD is an addiction, and it's no use people saying just don't play it - because you will do!

You have to wean yourself off it until you play just long enough that you enjoy it. For me, with MW3, I cannot play more than 4 games before I start getting pissed off. So I just put the controller down and do something else. I found black ops boring but it didn;t annoy me as much so I could play longer. MW2 was annoying but also more fun and worked better, so I found I could "laugh off" more.

It's a sad state of affairs that everyone on this forum knows what to do to make this game better, but no one at IW does.

redx473

Work out.

Thats all

a good workout for 40-60 min will do the trick