I put most of my conversation with Activision TS. Thread reads from the bottom up (newest to oldest). Read my latest reply to their response. I had a guy named Nick Bee who was helpful for the most part. He had me uninstall the app from iTunes and my touch and reinstall and had been working with me from version 1.1 and then this Dov Carson takes over my ticket.
Customer 10/11/2010 03:14 PM
Thanks for the generic response!
1. This **** hasn't worked right since version 1.1.
2. I have already deleted and reinstalled 5 times now the correct way and lost all my **** since version 1.1 and am NOT going to do it again as i'm SURE this is not going to fix the problem.
3. I am not the only one having this problem.
4. Do you even bother to read the other notes in this trouble ticket before replying with a generic response?
I need a working solution to the problem not a generic response!
Response (Dov Carson) 10/11/2010 08:48 AM
An update was released that should resolve this issue, however in order to resolve you msut remove the application.
(Warning, this will remove all of your current save data, and you will start over your progress through the rock ranks).
1) Remove the previous version of the Application from the device.
Please Note: This will erase all save data.
- From the Device:
o Long-press (hold) the icon at the menu until a small ‘x’ appears in the upper left hand corner of the application icon.
o Press the ‘x’ and confirm the deletion.
2) Remove the previous version of the Application from iTunes.
- Select ‘Applications’ under Library then choose ‘Guitar Hero’ and right click then select delete.
- Select ‘Move to Recycle Bin’ (Windows) or ‘Move to Trash’ (Mac).
3) Re-Download the Guitar Hero Application from iTunes.
- Select ‘iTunes Store’ on your computer.
o Note: This should be done while connected to the computer, not through the App Store present on the device.
- Search for Guitar Hero and Select Buy.
- Enter your Account Information and confirm the purchase (You will not be charged).
4) Sync the Guitar Hero Application with the device.
- From iTunes:
o Select the iPhone or iPod from the ‘Devices’ dropdown menu.
o Select the ‘Applications’ tab.
o Check the box next to the ‘Guitar Hero’ Application.
o Select ‘Apply’ or ‘Sync’ (if the device does not sync automatically) from the lower right hand corner of the iTunes window.
Customer 10/09/2010 11:34 PM
Any idea what the problem is and when it will get resolved? This is total crap!
Response (Dov Carson) 10/06/2010 11:55 AM
Thanks for the update. We will forward this to the appropriate parties and continue to look into this from our end.
Customer 10/06/2010 11:10 AM
Still not working!!! I am not the only one having this problem! Look at your community forums for GH Iphone.
Different topics but within those topic are people having the same issues as me.
Response 10/06/2010 10:52 AM
We will continue to monitor this matter, and do not have any updated information available at this time. From what we are being told, this service should be up and running normally at this point.
Can you try again today?
Customer 10/03/2010 11:33 AM
My touch is still in the DMZ and yes I tried resyncing.
Response 10/02/2010 10:35 PM
Is your iPod Touch still in the DMZ port of your modem?
Have you retried syncing the device to your iTunes account again?
Customer 10/02/2010 10:24 PM
I thought my problems were over with this new update. I'm really getting pissed off at this ****. I finally was able to connect to the store and even get a track pack after I did a clean install of the game. This morning I looked in the store and was thinking about getting another track pack. Now I can't connect to the store again to get it. It doesn't even try. It stays offline. Even rebooting does the same thing.
Response (Nick Bee) 09/30/2010 07:45 PM
Are you still having problems or is everything now working properly?
Customer 09/30/2010 07:42 PM
Downloaded version 1.4 in iTunes after deleting old one on touch and computer. Synced.
Customer 09/30/2010 07:41 PM
It finally works. I can get into the store now.