25 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2010 10:23 PM by fallenleader1 RSS

Why did you buy the DLC?

I bought it for all, and i hope we get more DLC=).

• Re: Why did you buy the DLC?

Black Panther is why.

Black Panther is why.

cool i didnt want him in, but now i love him!!!

cool i didnt want him in, but now i love him!!!!

Jadryx

I'd say all of the above.  I liked the characters and anything that gives the game more playability is good.  The sim missions weren't great and I'd rather have more story missions (basically anything not in the simulator environment) but I'm hoping that there will be more. (I'm losing hope....but there's still a little there for a maybe another month or so :) )

I got it cuz i wanted juggernaut but since i had to pay 20 bucks for the card and the MS points whatever wasnt worth the entire card... i thought... eeeehhhh WHy Not... Magneto and Cable are cool... and besides maybe this might help us get a 2nd DLC... one that is PURE AWESOME... but itll never happen too many fanboys...

I bought it because I wanted Psylocke, Magneto, and Black Panther.

I didn't buy it for anything or anyone in particular. I just wanted to extend the gameplay.

Black Panther and the sim missions.

I didn't want to buy it, but did it anyway to boost sales.

I don't trust DLC. In 10-15 years, I'll want to go back and play my games, but once my console dies and Microsoft/Sony stop supporting the content, I won't be able to play with all of the content I paid for.

Gold Edition all the way. However, it seems less likely that'll be released this time.

Meh.

I don't trust DLC. In 10-15 years, I'll want to go back and play my games, but once my console dies and Microsoft/Sony stop supporting the content, I won't be able to play with all of the content I paid for.

Gold Edition all the way.

I agree with you 100%.  If they don't make a new disc of this game with all the DLC characters (and the patch) included, I'll be peeved.

Hawkeye

I bought it to increase the chances for DLC.  While I like a few of the characters there's no one in the pack that really stood out to me as someone I gotta have and so it was a pretty underwhelming selection for me.  But I'm really disappointed that none of the big requested characters around here got in.  No Nova, no Emma, no Hawkeye, no Cyclops, no She-Hulk, no Spider-Woman, no Rogue.  I really hope that whoever does the next game/pack leans more toward the "hardcore" fanbase than polling at conventions.

I bought it to increase the chances for DLC.  While I like a few of the characters there's no one in the pack that really stood out to me as someone I gotta have and so it was a pretty underwhelming selection for me.  But I'm really disappointed that none of the big requested characters around here got in.  No Nova, no Emma, no Hawkeye, no Cyclops, no She-Hulk, no Spider-Woman, no Rogue.  I really hope that whoever does the next game/pack leans more toward the "hardcore" fanbase than polling at conventions.

i agree with you 100%, most of those chars, maybe all won the site's official poll, and some aren't even mentioned, or are DLC. Cyclops is mentioned, but Nova/Emma/Hawkeye/Rogue aren't mentioned or are NPC's they deserve a spot in this game

I bought the DLC for all of the above, and I am glad I actually bout it because I love playing with the characters and the, Sim missions were pretty fun. I look forward to whatever they have for us with the next game, and hopefully we will have much more DLC.

I couldn't buy it because the last day for dlc was Dec 31st and I got the game on Jan 1st

I couldn't buy it because the last day for dlc was Dec 31st and I got the game on Jan 1st

sucks you have xbox 360?

Sad to see that some people rally did just cave and buy it ONLY at the promise of getting another pack.

That is EXACTLY why the media puts out sub-par entertainment (Transformers 2 movie, most liscensed video games, etf).  They know that fans of certain characters or whatever will buy stuff NO MATTER WHAT!

Anyone that buys something JUST for the possibility of getting more of it will get suckered everytime.  That's how mass industry works.

And NOW look at the DLC situation.  Not only are we possibly not getting future packs, they cared so little / messed up so big that the CURRENT pack isn't even available anymore.  lol.  It's a total joke.

And they are laughing allllllllll the way to the bank.  :-/

Sad to see that some people rally did just cave and buy it ONLY at the promise of getting another pack.

That is EXACTLY why the media puts out sub-par entertainment (Transformers 2 movie, most liscensed video games, etf).  They know that fans of certain characters or whatever will buy stuff NO MATTER WHAT!

Anyone that buys something JUST for the possibility of getting more of it will get suckered everytime.  That's how mass industry works.

And NOW look at the DLC situation.  Not only are we possibly not getting future packs, they cared so little / messed up so big that the CURRENT pack isn't even available anymore.  lol.  It's a total joke.

And they are laughing allllllllll the way to the bank.  :-/

actually xfactor83 said...

I think the point of the limited DLC was to get a gage of how many people would purchase the DLC. Putting a limited date on it would force anyone who wanted it to not wait and give them a decent idea as to whether or not it would be profitable and worth it.

With that-if the limited DLC is true, it was a terrible idea and an idiotic business move. After paying $60 for a game, adding $10 for DLC can make it a bit tight. Especially around and after Christmas. I won't argue the price of the DLC since it seems fair but those things add up and to say hey, we've put it on this date and you have until this date to get it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I almost wish this was a non-comic book game because I'd say forget it. But alas-I want me some more characters.

And Costumes"¦

which i totally agree with it did awesome,DLC pack consisting of Psylocke,Carnage,Magneto,Black Panther, and Cable-5 in the top 20 downloads for PSN for 3 weeks

Juggernaut-2 weeks in 6 from top 20 PSN downloads, 3 weeks in 7

The DLC did awesome people bought it for a lot of reasons,and that's their buisness lols, but i can see your point

Hawkeye

I don't know if the character selection is sub-par so much as it's aimed toward an audience that I'm not apart of.  Just look at the characters.  Including Juggernaut you have four X-Men characters, a Spider-Man character, and while T'Challa is by no means an X-Men he's got a strong tie to the franchise in recent years via the Storm marriage.  Even if you don't include T'Challa's connection to the X the DLC is still lopsided to X-Men and Spider-Man, which just so happen to be Marvel's two biggest mainstream sellers.  While characters like Hawkeye, Shulkie, Spider-Woman, Nova, and even Emma are HUGE among comic readers but they really as known to the mainstream (though Emma is getting a bit more well known outside comics). 

I don't know if it was a conscience decision to go casual over the hardcore but it's the way it turned out.  VV are just game designers and no matter how much they claim to be comic fans there's a big difference between liking a couple handouts Marvel sent over and actually being an active part of the fandom.  If they were they'd have known how fans would react to a non-canon character being playable.  They could have very likely thought they WERE appealing to hardcore fans by polling at conventions without realizing that conventions have long stopped being exclusively comic fans.  But what's done is done and I'm sure VV would love a time machine to go fix their mistakes as much as we do.  If not and it's some ploy to get money from us, well, that's their choice and they'll have to deal with any backlash it may bring to the sales of MUA3.

I don't know if the character selection is sub-par so much as it's aimed toward an audience that I'm not apart of.  Just look at the characters.  Including Juggernaut you have four X-Men characters, a Spider-Man character, and while T'Challa is by no means an X-Men he's got a strong tie to the franchise in recent years via the Storm marriage.  Even if you don't include T'Challa's connection to the X the DLC is still lopsided to X-Men and Spider-Man, which just so happen to be Marvel's two biggest mainstream sellers.  While characters like Hawkeye, Shulkie, Spider-Woman, Nova, and even Emma are HUGE among comic readers but they really as known to the mainstream (though Emma is getting a bit more well known outside comics). 

I don't know if it was a conscience decision to go casual over the hardcore but it's the way it turned out.  VV are just game designers and no matter how much they claim to be comic fans there's a big difference between liking a couple handouts Marvel sent over and actually being an active part of the fandom.  If they were they'd have known how fans would react to a non-canon character being playable.  They could have very likely thought they WERE appealing to hardcore fans by polling at conventions without realizing that conventions have long stopped being exclusively comic fans.  But what's done is done and I'm sure VV would love a time machine to go fix their mistakes as much as we do.  If not and it's some ploy to get money from us, well, that's their choice and they'll have to deal with any backlash it may bring to the sales of MUA3.

yeah i still think we can get a 2nd pack

I bought the DLC simply and honestly because I am a glutton for more, and to me more is better...I don't like 4 of the 5 DLC characters they chose...but more is better...so I went for it anyways.

If they had a 2nd pack of useless characters....I would get that to -.-

Just how I roll.

I wasn't crazy about it at first, but once I found out Carnage was in it, I was sold. I've been a long time Spiderman fan. So having Spiderman, Green Goblin, Venom, and Carnage on the same team was very fun for me.

I personally bought the DLC set + Jugger  because I felt cheated when I found out who was the last secret  character was robo-Fury (taotal let down for me) I also buy the 2nd pack if it  had Hawkeye/ Sentry  :smirk:

fallenleader1

unfortantly their will be no more DLCs