1 365 366 367 368 369 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
      • 3,660. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Oh and Teanah, I hope you saw my response to the MW2 strat vs Sit Rep Pro question you asked me earlier. Ghandi closed the door on adjusting SRP yesterday, but I do hope you can somehow help him and the others recognize the problem and help increase the possibility of revisiting the balance.

Thanks!

• 3,661. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

teanah wrote:

maccabi wrote:

its just sabotage made for the killwhoring moab loving yt content providers.

its so obvious whats going to happen in a real non set up to demonstrate the mode actual out there with the cod community ..there'll be a rush for the bomb to get the jugg followed by untold world record? moab with jugg videos/

No disrespect..but this is why 3arch and especially vahn will always be better than iw.

when the community comes up with new modes they actually test them with the community first. with iw we get new mode and the community sarcastically having to say wow didnt see that coming

Oh, and we DO test these with community-- we've played with the guy who made Money in the Denk, we tested various face off modes with folks as well-- Rubin, & Cantina

Sorry to tell you teanah, but this game mode will likely promote major QuickScoping, major killwhoring, major camping, and major MOAB spamming. And I'm sure 99.9% of people don't like that.

Also, the gun choices are very, VERY poor. Very imbalanced, everyone will just use MP5 and MSR, and everyone will avoid the PKP Pecheneg and Model 1887, and only a couple of people will use M4A1. You should definitely swap Model 1887 for USAS-12 or Striker, and PKP Pecheneg for MK46, L86 LSW or M60E4.

• 3,662. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Pjmara5 wrote:

Oh and Teanah, I hope you saw my response to the MW2 strat vs Sit Rep Pro question you asked me earlier. Ghandi closed the door on adjusting SRP yesterday, but I do hope you can somehow help him and the others recognize the problem and help increase the possibility of revisiting the balance.

Thanks!

The HBS is enough. Since PR helps the whole team, it would be unfair to have a tier three perk block it. Dead Silence would be extremelly powerful if this was the case. Playing SnD without DS would be suicide.

• 3,663. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

mataz137 wrote:

There is absolutely no excuse for this mess that MW3 has become. If it's incompetence, then spend the money to get qualified individuals to fix it. However I'm inclined to think that this game was coded on rotten foundations.

It does seem that way.  After this many updates you would think they would be closer to a fix, but it seems that as of the most recent patch they're further away from a fix than ever...People have always complained about lag in the game, but I've never seen as many people on Twitter and Youtube complain as much as these last 2 weeks or so. Very good players with good connections being outplayed by people with negative KDRs on 3 bars seems commonplace. Lots of my friends have  stopped playing, everyone is just waiting for Black Ops 2 now.

IMHO this game will never work correctly for everyone - if it were possible it would've happened by now. It's a shame because when it works well it's awesome (aside from a few annoyances), it really is.

• 3,664. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

It'll be in the next playlist update, which I believe is going up in the morning (or sometime tomorrow).

decisiveblow wrote:

Teenah,

You mentioned about Terminal being "un-weighted" with the next update? Is that a patch or a hotfix?

I'm actually dying inside playing the same map over and over and over and over.

• 3,665. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Amirror wrote:

Sorry to tell you teanah, but this game mode will likely promote major QuickScoping

If you play close attention, the sniper shown is a Silenced Bolt Action. Not very QSing friendly at all.

Amirror wrote:

major killwhoring, major camping and major MOAB spamming.

How is that possible? It is all gun-on-gun gameplay with the lack of silencers (except on the sniper), portable radars, and other powerful KS rewards. Also, it seems to be 3v3 action, so I don't even think MOABs would happen so much.

Amirror wrote:

the gun choices are very, VERY poor.

Not so much. Before starting here, BUFF THE SHOTTIES.

-Switch the M4 for the AK-47. Packs a punch with long range but not so high accuracy and rate of fire. Would lose most of it's cqc fights.

-MP5 is fine. With Rapid Fire as seem on the video, anything past mid range would be very hard to shoot at.

-The PKP is a good weapon for its role. The good long range damage would suit it to these engagements (remember the prone bonus!) and the low fire rate and versatility would make it lose even easier than the AK at close range.

-MSR + Silencer, a perfect pair. Won't ruin the game with constant quick scoping and would be deadly at long range, if aimed properly. The silencer makes it good for stealthy long range action.

-Model 1887 could be used, sure, but the MP5 would win a lot. Another shotgun such as the KSG (more reliable close range damage than the other pumps) could be used better.

You see Amirror, the problem isn't about being bad in core modes, but about the game mode in question. Sure, most of these guns could use buffs, but they aren't useless in that especific situation. A game mode I would definitely play, seems to be very fun!

• 3,666. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
                    maccabi

teanah wrote:

maccabi wrote:

Amirror wrote:

Thanks for the video link. Gives me a few things to say/ask to the Devs (statements and questions).

Why does it take just a few YouTube random geeks to add/change something?

I think nobody would use an LMG or Shotgun for this, it would be mostly SMGs, Snipers, and a few ARs.

There's a big risk for major killwhoring, camping, and MOAB spamming, especially for the Juggernaut.

Are there fixed classes? If there are, the ones in the video are very poor choices, especially Shotguns and LMGs. (You ALL know why)

Also would like to add this would be another QuickScoping Paradise Gamemode, just like Drop Zone is right now.

its just sabotage made for the killwhoring moab loving yt content providers.

its so obvious whats going to happen in a real non set up to demonstrate the mode actual out there with the cod community ..there'll be a rush for the bomb to get the jugg followed by untold world record? moab with jugg videos/

No disrespect..but this is why 3arch and especially vahn will always be better than iw.

when the community comes up with new modes they actually test them with the community first. with iw we get new mode and the community sarcastically having to say wow didnt see that coming

Oh, and we DO test these with community-- we've played with the guy who made Money in the Denk, we tested various face off modes with folks as well-- Rubin, & Cantina

Edited due to I shouldn't post when im half asleep and have a grumpy head on.

and i just read Candice's dm

• 3,667. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Mmacola1 wrote:

Pjmara5 wrote:

Thanks!

The HBS is enough. Since PR helps the whole team, it would be unfair to have a tier three perk block it. Dead Silence would be extremelly powerful if this was the case. Playing SnD without DS would be suicide.

I'm left to wonder if they would even consider making the change though.. sadly. I'm not engineering savvy enough to guess how much code work needs to be done. It will require a text change to Dead Silence as well so.. yeah. For now, I'm just being an SRP whore.

• 3,668. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

candyslexia wrote:

It'll be in the next playlist update, which I believe is going up in the morning (or sometime tomorrow).

decisiveblow wrote:

Teenah,

You mentioned about Terminal being "un-weighted" with the next update? Is that a patch or a hotfix?

I'm actually dying inside playing the same map over and over and over and over.

Thank.... God.

• 3,669. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Mmacola1 wrote:

Amirror wrote:

Sorry to tell you teanah, but this game mode will likely promote major QuickScoping

If you play close attention, the sniper shown is a Silenced Bolt Action. Not very QSing friendly at all.

My bad about the Quick Scoping, the MSR silenced seems to be fine then.

Amirror wrote:

major killwhoring, major camping, and major MOAB spamming.

How is that possible? It is all gun-on-gun gameplay with the lack of silencers (except on the sniper), portable radars, and other powerful KS rewards. Also, it seems to be 3v3 action, so I don't even think MOABs would happen so much.

The video shows a juggernaut easily getting a MOAB, everyone will just camp and killwhore with juggernaut and not plant the bomb, giving them easy MOABs.

Amirror wrote:

the gun choices are very, VERY poor. Very imbalanced, everyone will just use MP5 and MSR, and everyone will avoid the PKP Pecheneg and Model 1887, and only a couple of people will use M4A1. You should definitely swap Model 1887 for USAS-12 or Striker, and PKP Pecheneg for MK46, L86 LSW or M60E4.

True. Before starting here, BUFF THE SHOTTIES.

Of course!

-Switch the M4 for the AK-47. Packs a punch with long range but not so high accuracy and rate of fire. Would lose most of it's cqc fights.

Okay, sounds fine.

-MP5 is fine. With Rapid Fire as seem on the video, anything past mid range would be very hard to shoot at.

I agree.

-The PKP is a good weapon for its role. The good long range damage would suit it to these engagements (remember the prone bonus!) and the low fire rate and versatility would make it lose even easier than the AK at close range.

Here's the thing, it has very bad speed, and one key of this mode is speed. A different LMG, such as MK46, M60, or L86 would've been better suited and would make up better than this low tier weapon.

-MSR + Silencer, a perfect pair. Won't ruin the game with constant quick scoping and would be deadly at long range, if aimed properly. The silencer makes it good for stealthy long range action.

Yep, true.

-Model 1887 could be used, sure, but the MP5 would win a lot. Another shotgun such as the KSG (more reliable close range damage than the other pumps) could be used better.

No, KSG wouldn't fare any better, and Striker might be overkill. USAS would be PERFECT for this spot.

You see Amirror, the problem isn't about being bad in core modes, but about the game mode in question. Sure, most of these guns could use buffs, but they aren't useless in that especific situation. A game mode I would definitely play, seems to be very fun!

No, it still doesn't seem like a mode I will play and have fun with everytime. Only another one will play maybe a few times, then leave  to play something else in disappointment.