37 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2013 11:00 AM by FuVirus RSS

PS3: Tracking "Servers Unavailable" error. [Post Patch 1.04]

Foxhound-Pro

Patch Notice

The latest patch was distributed on 12/6/2012.

Goal of the Thread

- Collect information regarding the inability to access online services.

- Document individual cases.

Notice: Posts that deviate from the below will be removed.

We need you to recount what happened when you encounter this and only this particular issue.

Mandatory Information to Include

- What type of PS3 do you have.

- Any user modifications to your console.

- When and where does this happen.

- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code

Optional Information to Include

- Any video of the documented issue.

- If you have opened up a support ticket with Activision Customer Support. [Yes or No]

Anything we consider off topic or unhelpful will be deleted. This is a problem solving thread. Not a complaints platform.

• Re: PS3: Tracking "Servers Unavailable" error. [Post Patch 1.04]

PS3 Slim 120GB, NOT the superslim.

No.

At 12:00 December 8, 2012 in my house

I live in Illinois, USA.  Blu-Ray Code: BLUS31011

Optional Information: It allows me to play online sometimes and sometimes it doesn't allow me to play online. Thank you for taking the time to read this, moderator.

What type of PS3 do you have.

PS3 slim CECH-2001B

None whatsoever, not even the Hard drive

Happens 100% of the time. Cant connect to multiplayer at ALL. I am connected to university's wifi at my dorm. MW3 would always connect fine after sitting at the multiplayer menu for about 3 minutes. My friend's Xbox connects to BO2 fine everytime. He is on the same network. (And I bought this game yesterday, so 1.04 was the only patch I have tried)

United States. CA. BLUS31011

Activision Support Case Number: [Removed by Moderator.]

*PS3 Slim

*I changed and upgraded the original 160 gb hard drive it had with a 500 gb one.

*ALL the time EVERYTIME i try to find any type of match on multiplayer and on zombies...

*Honduras, Central America.     BLUS 31011

Allright, now to tell you what the problem is, since like 2 weeks everytime i try to play multiplayer and find a match i can neveeer find any match because it always stays stuck in "Analyzing match 0 of x" and it never goes past that 0 so it never finds anything and maked me host of a room i guess but no one never joins and no matter how long i stay there it just goes into an infinite loop and never goes past from that 0 meaning i am never able to find any single match no matter what gametype i choose.

And when i join a friend into his lobby and he starts looking for one i am able to get in but i always get only 1 red bar and have an awfull lag which makes it unplayable.

The weird thing is that it only happens on my user...  if i go and try to log in from my brothers account in the SAME ps3 and the same wifi and the same everything he has NO problems whatsoever... he instanstly finds a match and starts playing with full 4 bars and no lag at all and everything completely fine...   i have no idea what it might be and why it only happens to me and to clear this, i didn't had any problems in the beginning when i first bought the game on the release day, i played without any problems and everything was going smoothly until 2 weeks ago, and i was hoping that the patch you just throwed in would help me but no... everything the same.

Another thing just so you wont be saying that it is 'cuz i have a Moderate NAT, it is NOT because of that, i tried basically everything and one of those things was plugged in the internet cable straight from the modem and that made me have an Open NAT and still the same problem.

I just recorded the problem and upload it to youtube so you can see the problem for yourself.

Sorry for the long post and i really hope you guys can help me out somehow because i was really enjoying the game but sadly i cant play it anymore because of this problem.

PS3 Slim 160gb
                Ireland
                BLES01717

I tried to play this morning, but am getting the server is not available, please visit:

http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/status

but this states Defcon 3, and that all gameplay services are fully operational.  I've been playing past 3 days with the new patch with no problems.

update:

back on again now.

Message was edited by: buckrogers999

I am in the same situation as buckrogers999 from Ireland aswel but I can't connect ever since the new update before update it was all okay.Also if i turn off my ps3 and then router i can connect when  turn on the router first then turn on the ps3 but if i go back to the main menu i cant . when i connect just turning of router and back on again (like explained) it says store and the number in the top right of the screen is something like 20.234..8 something like that not sure and if i go into options then to info that alphabet like thing has nearly all the letters but if i try connect by just turning on ps3 without reseting router (this is when i cant connect to online services)  the number in top right is like 20.8.-1 and in info alphbet line has only 4 letters and on the multiplayer menu where u have options and play onliine etc. it dosent say store.

I have a ps3 slim 250gigabytes and this happens whenever i try to play online in multiplayer and in zombies. It says servers are unavailable. I managed to play online for 1 day for some reason but the next day it stopped working and said the servers are unavailable again. Please help. I am from the UK

- CECH 2504A

- NO! Fw 4.31 original and 160gb original

- Multiplayer and Zombie: server not avalaible

- BLES 01718 Italy

i have 120 gb slim ps3,Online servers is not available all the time from finland bles 01717 please fix this

-Slim 320gb

- NO!

-Every time when i try play mp or zompie mp!

-Finland + Bles 01717

I have found a fix to the servers unavailable problem. seems silly really.

Go to the XMB

Go to settings

Go to Date and Time

Update via Internet.

(I honestly never thought the date and time was that important on the scale of ps3 multiplayer)

worked like a charm, havnt been able to play since day 1.

Foxhound-Pro wrote:

PHAT 80g

Nope

At Home, Right now

UK

Can't connect to online services

What type of PS3 do u have?
                                PS3-563 37GB

Any user modifications to your console

no

When and where does it happen?

At home,Since the release of the game i have played for only one week after that i cant connect to online services

What region you are in + Blu-Ray code
                                Greece

- CECH-2001A

- System Modifications? Tons, and I'm dumb enough to post online about it, {{!!JOKING!!}}

- During a MP Public match, with two different players playing on the same console, using Dual Play -- Happens occasionally, "Connection Lost" will display for a moment with a little animation that looks like an ethernet cable coming unplugged then plugging right back in. Though it only happens for a moment, and most often during "halftime" or between rounds, it will most of the time result in "guest" player, or "Controller #2" player, getting kicked from the match. If there is a Host migration, this will sometimes also result in Player 2 getting kicked.  Note this is not with a guest account, but with a second PSN account logged into their own username.

- USA - BLUS31011

Optional Information to Include

- Yeah... funniest thing... you'd never beleive it... since the match doesn't show up in recent matches in Theater, I am unable to provide video of this happening...

- [No] But I will if you think it will help... BTW this is a reproduceable bug, as the 2nd player getting kicked happens every time we see Connection Lost animation during "halftime" or between rounds.

-CECH-4004C

-server not available last 5-6 days and some times before that

-no mods

-bles 01717 finland

please fix...

multipleyer +zombie online not working

Message was edited by: jupeee

- PS3 160 GB Slim

- No

-Recently started 12/20 and is still happeninbg till now

- USA,California,BLUS31011

-> Ps3 40gb Fat ( CECHG04 )

-> None, no modifications have been done.

-> I got Black Ops 2 yesterday for Christmas, wanted to play it the next morning ( today ) and then when I enter multiplayer and click " Play Online " it tries to load, gets interupted, and then it gives me the error " Black ops 2 servers are not available at this time. "
                                        Haven't been online yet. Also a minor fact which might have to do with the problem..: when I try to play multiplayer on Black Ops 1 it gives me the same error. Also created a new account, but none of it works.

-> Netherlands ( NL ) and Bles01717

Ps3 120gb Slim

No, not even hard drive upgrade

Got the game on the 20th of December, tried to play it at around 2:30pm.. Then I got Black ops 2 servers are not available at this time.

Ireland, Donegal (ROI) and BLES01717

I would really like to get this problem solved any advice to get this solved would be much appriectated, or maybe if Treyarch could release a new patch. Dont release it until ever proplem and error has been solved ? so then you dont get any more complaints any more

Message was edited by: Daelm11 Oh btw i haven't been able to play Multiplayer or Zombies.. but i went to play waw, mw2, blacks ops 1 .. and they all worked :) if that helps in any way :P

hey lad,

Dont know if this will help you, but i had the same problem since release date.. last nite went to try again same story so this time while it was tryin to connect to server i turned off my modem waited ten seconds turned it back on..waited about 30 seconds..all the while still on multi player menu.. signd in to PSN..went to play online and wat do ya know workd perfect..

Try an c if this works it worked for me anyway..

What type of PS3 do you have.

Ps3 Phat 40gb

NO

About 3 days ago i was playing it was working perfectly then went tryed it again in 2 hours and i was getting the error

uk and BLES-01717

Btw Unknown-Kill3R is not my psn if i need to give my psn out then tell me mods

PS3 Fat - was 40GB when purchased

HDD was swapped twice in its lifetime (40GB > 500GB > 1TB)

Have only been able to connect sporadically - between 10:00 and 13:00 on 26/12/12 and 27/12/12 - since then every time I load the game and try to connect I get the 'Servers Unavailable' message. My friends are online playing at the same time I am getting these messages and I cannot join their games if invited either.

Australia, BLES-01717/ANZ

Slim PS3 350GB

NO

Everytime i try to access MP. I HAVE YET TO PLAY THE GAME ONLINE

PS3 is bought from france (european region) while the game is a North american copy of the game.

Additional Info:

I currently moved to live in Morocco. All other Multiplayer games work just fine. Including Black Ops1 and MW3.

My prev was incorrect:

PS3: slim 320gb.

No mods.

Happens when ever I try to go into online!! Only local works!

In the EU.

Blu Ray code not with me!!! Plz help!! I will be so thankful if you replied!

40GB NON-SLIMLINE

None

Every time, without acception, I try and play multiplayer online or zombies the error message comes up saying "black ops II servers not available at this time".

Milton Keynes, UK

BLES01717

- PS3-339     230 GB Slim

- No modifications.

-From the very first day Cant connect to mp at all.! 

- Greece, Athens, BLES-01717

1) 250GB slim

2) No

3) Everytime i press play online i get the message : the CoD Bo2 Servers are unavailable. please try again later and a link.

4) Region Belgium/Holland BLES- 01717

-CECH-4004C 500 gb super slim

-no mods

-bles 01717 finland

-server not available after christmas

please fix...

i have 2 ps3 160 gb slim and 500 gb super slim both same broblem when i try play multiplayer

1) 320 GB PS3 Slim

2) No Modifications

3) Everytime i try to play, have been "unavailable" for the past two weeks.

4) Finland

80 gb backwards compatible ps3

no mods

i go to multiplayer mode and it says error call of duty servers are temporarily unavailable please try again shortly or visit call of duty.com/blackops2/status

united states, but version i bought was from uk(pal)

was on 3 mins or so in zombies and got kicked. now this status shows every time i try to connect to your servers.

- What type of PS3 do you have:

PS3 Slim model CECH-3011A.

- Any user modifications to your console:

No.

- When and where does this happen:

Anytime i try to play MP(Haven't tried Zombies).

- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code:

South America, Brazil. BLUS 41005SA

I was able to play multiplayer perfectly untill December 28th, after this date i started getting the "server unavaible message"  not only on bo2, but also on mw3. Another friend of mine that lives nearby is having the same problem too.

- What type of PS3 do you have

PS3 Slim

None

Every time trying to joing Multiplayre Mode / Zombies

NYC / USA

--------------------

Have not been able to play since end of December 2012, but had no issues prior to that date.

I contacted Activision Support via phone and haven't been able to get through as they always tell you to call the next day.

I found their Twitter handle @ATVIassist #PS3 and so far have not gotten any response.

This is a terrible way to provide support.  I don't mind having bugs in the software but allow proper support and troubleshooting to take place.

-PS3 Type: Slim 320 GB & Slim 160 GB

-User Mods: None

-When and where: It just started this morning, I was playing it until 2:30 AM then when I tried to play at 12:00 PM and it hasnt worked since

-Reigon: Los Angeles, CA (Not sure of the code)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My wifes account works fine but when I try to log in on my account on either PS3 it just gives the "Error" message

Launch year ps3 160gb

None

Upon accessing the "Play Online" feature in both the zombies and multiplayer menus at home

East Coast US BLUS31011

Bought the game a few days ago new from gamestop i get a cannot connect to server message and a link to check status of servers friends in town can connect so servers are online but i cant

1.ps3 250gb slim game is Bles-01717

2.NO

3.Whenever i try to play online in either mutliplayer or zombies
                                                                          4. UK

Black ops 1 works perfectly fine for me.

1.ps3 40

2.no

3.everytime I tty and play mo

4.Australia

I know its not my connection because I also play on Xbox 360 and its a 1000

Times better.

• Old School Fat PS3
                                                                              • No User Modifications
                                                                              • It has been happening off and on since I bought Black Ops 2, and is getting increasingly worse. This is on my home wifi, and everything else works just fine.
                                                                              • Chicago, Il.
                                                                              •  

Blu-Ray Code: BLUS31011

ps3 slim

pas de modifications pas d'améliorations du systeme

c'est apres la 1.04 ou la 1.03 que le message les serveurs de Call Of Duty Black Ops ne sont pas disponibles
                                                                                faites tout votre possible pour réparer ca car énormement d'utilisateurs se plaignent

Suisse

BLES 01717

Lanch Year Ps3 Fat

None

Every time trying to get online

Greece, BLES 01717