23 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2013 3:51 AM by spidy RSS

    SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?

    {bhc}max|co

      As a dedicated PC player and COD FANATIC, i cant help myself buying each new cod, hoping /praying that it will finally be the game to replace cod4.

      Dont get me wrong, i love cod4 , just like i loved cod2,

      I only stopped playing cod2 because cod4 was a vast improvement.

       

      Then came WAW, another excellent game that was very well supported by the devs on PC.

      Unfortunatly, WAW suffered bcause most had played the ww2 scenario so much in earlier cods, and after cod4 ,it was hard to go back to "old weapons",

      So back to cod4 it was.

      but i still frequent my fav waw server from time to time.

       

      Everyone anticipated mw2 as beiing the "next great thing" , only to find that this excellent game was totally unsupported on PC, NO ANTI -CHEAT, Abusives /haxors running riot, and to compound matters, we had to put up with forced matchmaking/iwnet /lagcomp fail.. this all totally ruined what was potentially the BEST COD EVER. i only got to rank 36 before i gave up and went back to cod4.

       

      BO1 by treyarch was much looked forward to, because we all thought this company at least, supports its PC community.

      It did offer us Dedicated Ranked Servers, the only drawback was the single gsp, and the fact the servers were locked up tighter than a scotsman's wallet.(yes i'm scottish but not that tight lol)

      we tried renting a server on a couple of occations, but most of my clan were stung by mw2 , didnt even bother buying bo1, (much like a whole lot of the pc community),  So these servers were hard to populate due to needing 4-6 players before a map started.

      So it was back to cod4. (see the trend here).

       

      MW3 came with false promises by the devs ( cod4 like servers) , well we all know mw3 was just a clone of mw2 but with servers that were so well hidded and only unranked, that no-one wanted to play on them.. Back to cod4 it was.

       

      Finally we have bo2 again by treyarch, AGAIN Ranked Dedicated Servers were promised,

      where wwere they? with no server browser, and just forced matchmaking, it didnt take long  before the initial enjoyment became a slog of lag comp/haxors /  high ping crapfest... and its back to cod4, again.

       

      Well ive now had enough, i will not be buying the next cod on pc, (thats if they bother making it for pc)

      i will wait and see if the game has, ALL of the features cod4 has, before making the judgemnt of parting with my money.

       

      As you all know in this forum and from mw3 forums, me and others have been active  and have posted our preferences on how a PC cod should be.. the current set up is NOT how we like it.. so if things DONT change ? then why bother buying ? it will only be an expensive SP game, just like mw2,mw3,bo1 and now bo2.

        • Re: SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?
          MetalTeam

          Well, I see your point and agree! even throguh Cod4 doesn't have that advanced Weapons like MW2,MW3,BO2 but it got Dedicated servers so other players around the world can play without lag! because everyone in their area can make or rent Cod4 server so other players in his area or near the area can play! The matchmaking system sucks because it's finds you the closest server in the USA! that near your area! All the Servers in BO2 are in the USA! and it's not even global and I'm sure some moderators will delete this! Well It's the truth thay Treyarch lied you can trace every match back to some place in the USA! and this is why you have a good point! people all around the world wants to play! and I'm sure some says get a better connection! well not everybody lives in the USA or Russia or rich like you! Some players like me, I barely get the money for the game! Still

          I loved the Gameplay but the game system sucks espcially the matchmaking System! maybe it's worked for Xbox users because Microsoft pays a lot of money! and I hope that Treyarch leave that crap of matchmaking system and give us Dedicated server!

            • Re: SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?

              MetalTeam wrote:

               

              All the Servers in BO2 are in the USA! and it's not even global and I'm sure some moderators will delete this! Well It's the truth thay Treyarch lied you can trace every match back to some place in the USA!

               

               

              I am 99.9% sure that the ONLY "server" in the USA is located in New Jersey on the east coast.

               

              I also saw some results posted that showed a "server" in the UK, but that is it. Apparently we only have TWO "servers" for the entire planet...

               

              Proper "ranked dedicated servers" = Servers in almost every country, and in almost every state in the US.

              Fake "ranked dedicated servers" = Two (maybe three)  servers worldwide

               

              In past online shooters I could always pick a server of my choice along the west coast or central USA, and my ping was ALWAYS under 80ms... Now with Black Ops 2 and ZERO CONTROL over where we are placed, I am stuck with 108-112ms ping no matter what my search preference is set to because the only server for the USA is on the east coast.

               

              I didn't spend a penny on Black Ops 2 - Would have bought it at launch along with a season pass if it had proper servers alongside their matchmaking garbage.

               

              I won't spend a penny on any future CoD titles unless they have ALL of the support and features that CoD4/WaW had.. Including fully functional rentable servers and modding/mapping tools...  (which basically means I'll never spend another penny on CoD)

               

               

              With the constant lying and scamming Activision has done with MW2, BO1, MW3, and now BO2, I will never spend another penny on an Activision product.  I will laugh if the next-gen consoles don't have a large enough playerbase to sustain that year's CoD title and the franchise dies off entirely.

               

              Activision deserves to go bankrupt.

               

               

              Something else to consider...

               

              In a few years after 3arc has their next CoD title out they will shut off the servers for BO2 (thus screwing over everyone who still plays it) and CoD4 will still be going strong thanks entirely to rented servers done right.

                • Re: SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?
                  MetalTeam

                  Sometimes when I'm lucky I find some lobbies with a ping 200-300 and when I join friends sometimes it's stays between 200-300 but most of the time it's goes even higher than 500 =D thats for BO2 but for MW3 I actually get a nice connection and never waited for the matchmaking to find me a lobby Looks like IW Have done something good. but Treyarch didn't.

                • Re: SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?
                  wierd worlds are these

                  MetalTeam wrote:

                   

                  Well, I see your point and agree! even throguh Cod4 doesn't have that advanced Weapons like MW2,MW3,BO2 but it got Dedicated servers so other players around the world can play without lag! because everyone in their area can make or rent Cod4 server so other players in his area or near the area can play! The matchmaking system sucks because it's finds you the closest server in the USA! that near your area! All the Servers in BO2 are in the USA! and it's not even global and I'm sure some moderators will delete this! Well It's the truth thay Treyarch lied you can trace every match back to some place in the USA! and this is why you have a good point! people all around the world wants to play! and I'm sure some says get a better connection! well not everybody lives in the USA or Russia or rich like you! Some players like me, I barely get the money for the game! Still

                  I loved the Gameplay but the game system sucks espcially the matchmaking System! maybe it's worked for Xbox users because Microsoft pays a lot of money! and I hope that Treyarch leave that crap of matchmaking system and give us Dedicated server!

                   

                  I have traced servers back to America, England, Germany, France, Spain and the Netherlands.

                  • Re: SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?
                    {bhc}max|co

                    MetalTeam wrote:

                     

                    Well, I see your point and agree! even throguh Cod4 doesn't have that advanced Weapons like MW2,MW3,BO2 but it got Dedicated servers so other players around the world can play without lag!

                    Luckily enough, we have managed to "import" "New Weapons" some NEVER seen in cod4 or ANY cod, and also a lot of cool killstreaks, on our cod4-mw4 mod server. we use lots of stuff from other cods as well. ie we had bo2 prestige emblems, (2x weeks BEFORE bo2 came out). so we try to keep our cod4 mod fresh, ip 92.48.91.102:2304, and also run a stock cod4 server ,both are 32x slots, and a 16 x slot promod match/public sd server.

                     

                    until they replace cod4 with a game that gives us all that cod4 can provide, we shall stick to cod4 xd

                      • Re: SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?
                        wierd worlds are these

                        {bhc}max|co wrote:

                         

                        MetalTeam wrote:

                         

                        Well, I see your point and agree! even throguh Cod4 doesn't have that advanced Weapons like MW2,MW3,BO2 but it got Dedicated servers so other players around the world can play without lag!

                        Luckily enough, we have managed to "import" "New Weapons" some NEVER seen in cod4 or ANY cod, and also a lot of cool killstreaks, on our cod4-mw4 mod server. we use lots of stuff from other cods as well. ie we had bo2 prestige emblems, (2x weeks BEFORE bo2 came out). so we try to keep our cod4 mod fresh, ip 92.48.91.102:2304, and also run a stock cod4 server ,both are 32x slots, and a 16 x slot promod match/public sd server.

                         

                        until they replace cod4 with a game that gives us all that cod4 can provide, we shall stick to cod4 xd

                         

                        Will be reinstalling COD 4 tonight or tomorrow and going on your server again as I miss playing something that's decent.

                         

                        I think it was either your server or someone elses running the MW2 mod, and I remember getting the nuke on it which was rather funny because no one realised I was so close to getting it so they didn't hunt me down.

                         

                        When my clan ran a cod 4 server as soon as they saw I had a air strike and I didn't get a kill with it they would all hunt me down to stop me from getting the helicopter, thank's to the glitch on COD 4 where you can make a helicopter earn you another helicopter which was fun for me playing against, my clan as there was basically always a helicopter up.

                    • Re: SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?

                      If there is no real ranked dedicated server i will not buy it. Fo sure

                      • Re: SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?
                        wierd worlds are these

                        {bhc}max|co wrote:

                         

                        As a dedicated PC player and COD FANATIC, i cant help myself buying each new cod, hoping /praying that it will finally be the game to replace cod4.

                        Dont get me wrong, i love cod4 , just like i loved cod2,

                        I only stopped playing cod2 because cod4 was a vast improvement.

                         

                        Then came WAW, another excellent game that was very well supported by the devs on PC.

                        Unfortunatly, WAW suffered bcause most had played the ww2 scenario so much in earlier cods, and after cod4 ,it was hard to go back to "old weapons",

                        So back to cod4 it was.

                        but i still frequent my fav waw server from time to time.

                         

                        Everyone anticipated mw2 as beiing the "next great thing" , only to find that this excellent game was totally unsupported on PC, NO ANTI -CHEAT, Abusives /haxors running riot, and to compound matters, we had to put up with forced matchmaking/iwnet /lagcomp fail.. this all totally ruined what was potentially the BEST COD EVER. i only got to rank 36 before i gave up and went back to cod4.

                         

                        BO1 by treyarch was much looked forward to, because we all thought this company at least, supports its PC community.

                        It did offer us Dedicated Ranked Servers, the only drawback was the single gsp, and the fact the servers were locked up tighter than a scotsman's wallet.(yes i'm scottish but not that tight lol)

                        we tried renting a server on a couple of occations, but most of my clan were stung by mw2 , didnt even bother buying bo1, (much like a whole lot of the pc community),  So these servers were hard to populate due to needing 4-6 players before a map started.

                        So it was back to cod4. (see the trend here).

                         

                        MW3 came with false promises by the devs ( cod4 like servers) , well we all know mw3 was just a clone of mw2 but with servers that were so well hidded and only unranked, that no-one wanted to play on them.. Back to cod4 it was.

                         

                        Finally we have bo2 again by treyarch, AGAIN Ranked Dedicated Servers were promised,

                        where wwere they? with no server browser, and just forced matchmaking, it didnt take long  before the initial enjoyment became a slog of lag comp/haxors /  high ping crapfest... and its back to cod4, again.

                         

                        Well ive now had enough, i will not be buying the next cod on pc, (thats if they bother making it for pc)

                        i will wait and see if the game has, ALL of the features cod4 has, before making the judgemnt of parting with my money.

                         

                        As you all know in this forum and from mw3 forums, me and others have been active  and have posted our preferences on how a PC cod should be.. the current set up is NOT how we like it.. so if things DONT change ? then why bother buying ? it will only be an expensive SP game, just like mw2,mw3,bo1 and now bo2.

                         

                         

                         

                        I fully agree.

                         

                        I would love for Call Of Duty 4 to be remade, with a brand new engine so we have much better graphics maybe that new Engine that Activision is shouting about could be used properly on the pc rather than a engine that, is gimped because the developers cannot be bothered to do anything other than copy and tweak the crappy console version.

                         

                        I would love to see the maps be increased in size so that all the map's were the size or Crossfire and Creek etc, with maybe 1 or 2 small maps for some close combat.

                         

                        I would also love to see the developers pay attention when it comes to the weapons, and stop the SMG's from being used as a all purpose weapon from close combat to sniping.

                         

                        I want proper servers like they were with COD 4 so I can run a ranked tdm server with a 10 minute time limit and no score limit or a score limit of 30,000 and no time limit.

                         

                        I want proper sound as well so I can actually hear where the enemy players are coming from rather than hearing someone running from my left, being heard in both the right and left headphone cup.

                         

                        I want destructive buildings, with doors that need to be opened or objectives to be done in the map before a door can be opened.

                         

                        I also want proper support so if we report a issue with spawns, map glitches etc etc we actually get someone saying they have received the bug report and will work on it dependent on how high, on the priority list it is and also not having to wait for the consoles to be patched 1st before we get the patch.

                         

                        I don't want to see DLC unless the option is there for people to create there own maps for use on unranked servers, like on COD 4 or if that doesn't happen make the maps DLC cheaper or include more for the price because let's face it, the map creaters in the development teams have probably got it down to a knack now where they could knock a map together in 2 days and then fix the issues in next, to know time because they know the software properly.

                        • Re: SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?

                          But CoD 4 has also it's problems. For example, some of the mechanics are unballanced. Everybody used stoppin' power. I would rather see something like B02 with CoD 4 servers and functions.

                          • Re: SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?

                            I bought CoD4 yesterday. Always wanted to play it on my own pc and the only other time i played it was at a friends on a normal TDM server. After i finished installing it i tweaked the graphics a bit to match my monitor and vid card. Jumped on a TDM server and found myself enveloped in a nearly flawless netcoding but just a slight off hit detection (was in a 40-50ms ping server).

                             

                            I backed out of the game went to the config file and found myself in a refreshing page where i could EDIT HOW THE GAME PERFORMS TO MY LIKING. I tweaked a few things like Snaps, FoV, maxfps, maxpackets, Rate, etc. After doing these slight tweaks i jumped back on to the same server and found it even closer to perfection. I even got to experience a hacker get instantly banned from the server along with 5+ previously banned hackers trying to join the server to just get denied access.

                             

                            After i finished with the match i always wondered what it would be like to play in a real Promod server. I decided to join one and got swiftly shown what true skill is in a CoD. It took me over 3 hours before i could even remotely compete with others. I found myself wondering how could such an insanely made game such as CoD4 for the pc be turned into complete crap in the later CoDs?

                             

                            After spending so much time on BO2, getting frustrated a stupid amount of times because of how bad the netcoding and hit detection is and reaching prestige master i finally got fed up. CoD4 is a completely new and better experience. No Bullshit, better community, no "bad admins" in any of the servers i joined that people speak of on the forums and in other places.

                             

                            CoD4 is a TRUE pc FPS and how its supposed to be played. The only reason i would ever touch BO2 now is if my friends ask me to play with them. I got my moneys worth out of it and i hope others will realize that CoD has become nothing more than a money maker for the devs and should realize that the way they treat the people who made the CoD franchise so big deserve better.

                            • Re: SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?

                              According to a video (forgot the author, I think it was Matroix), the author states that MW4 will bring a new engine (FINALLY THANK GOD!) with improvements such as sliding, shooting while sliding, and rolling (like rolling while prone to quickly go to cover). Also to a recent tech demo of the MW4 engine, they showed how realistic their facial movements and stuff will be on the NPC's which is also really nice. I regretted the day that MW3 came out that I will never buy another CoD other than BO2. But now that I've heard there is going to be a new engine... Goddamnit.

                              • Re: SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?

                                Agreed.

                                 

                                As a true CoD fanatic/veteran(cod1, day 1 baby) it is AGONISING to see the franchise decay like this.

                                They add all this meaningless trash to lure in more John Doe's with eyecandy. But then they let the actualy gameplay self rot.

                                 

                                I play some bo2, but still my times goes to CoD4 promod. It's just perfect. Then seeing the pile of dung they go with lately.... disgusting >.>

                                 

                                I've always hated Activision. They somehow manage to screw up all my beloved series.

                                 

                                Activision, if you read this... I hate you... I hate you SO much T_T....

                                • Re: SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?
                                  Momba1

                                  Sadly all I can say is the Xbox (720) is looking to be the route I'm going for any new CoD titles. The primary reasons are a low number of PC users and 'hopefully' less cheating. More then likely I'll try both and make up my mind once playing. I sure do like my PC but I cannot stand to be aggravated again.

                                    • Re: SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?
                                      {bhc}max|co

                                      Momba1 wrote:

                                       

                                      Sadly all I can say is the Xbox (720) is looking to be the route I'm going for any new CoD titles. The primary reasons are a low number of PC users and 'hopefully' less cheating. More then likely I'll try both and make up my mind once playing. I sure do like my PC but I cannot stand to be aggravated again.

                                      Soz to say but your the type of person activision wants ,exactly, by converting you to xbox = job done..

                                      most pc gamers have long deserted cod.. and its a pity a lot i know have moved onto bf series.. and with, (correct me if i'm wrong) , 2x million bf3 units sold, the vast majority being on pc, shouldnt the cod devs be targetting that market again? A market they have simply let go due to negligence.

                                        • Re: SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?
                                          wierd worlds are these

                                          {bhc}max|co wrote:

                                           

                                          Momba1 wrote:

                                           

                                          Sadly all I can say is the Xbox (720) is looking to be the route I'm going for any new CoD titles. The primary reasons are a low number of PC users and 'hopefully' less cheating. More then likely I'll try both and make up my mind once playing. I sure do like my PC but I cannot stand to be aggravated again.

                                          Soz to say but your the type of person activision wants ,exactly, by converting you to xbox = job done..

                                          most pc gamers have long deserted cod.. and its a pity a lot i know have moved onto bf series.. and with, (correct me if i'm wrong) , 2x million bf3 units sold, the vast majority being on pc, shouldnt the cod devs be targetting that market again? A market they have simply let go due to negligence.

                                           

                                          Battlefield 3 on PC peaked at around 3.1 million players on the pc during 2012, compared to Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 and Black Op's 2 which I can only assume peaked at around 100,000 players maybe up to 250,000 but it's just a guess for the Call Of Duty figures.

                                           

                                          Battlefield 3 on the PC for 2012 was only 100,000 short of being in a tie with the Xbox for the Peak number of players.

                                           

                                          Now imagine if Treyarch or whoever make a Call Of Duty game again that is as good as Cod 4 but as good also in terms of support as Battlefield 3 and then they would probably have, a game that is played by more than 1 million pc players.

                                        • Re: SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?

                                          Momba1 wrote:

                                           

                                          Sadly all I can say is the Xbox (720) is looking to be the route

                                           

                                           

                                          How can you say that? no one knows anything about it and from whats known so far the ps4 is going to be the better console.

                                            • Re: SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?
                                              wierd worlds are these

                                              SmallFace wrote:

                                               

                                              Momba1 wrote:

                                               

                                              Sadly all I can say is the Xbox (720) is looking to be the route

                                               

                                               

                                              How can you say that? no one knows anything about it and from whats known so far the ps4 is going to be the better console.

                                               

                                              The only reason why people are saying that PS4 is going to be the better console from the information that they know about the PS4, is because of the rumours that the next Xbox will require a constant net connection, and also get rid of buying used games by using a system like the pc uses with linking a game cd key to a Steam/Origin or Uplay account.

                                               

                                              The fact that Sony has announced the spec etc of the PS4 and Microsoft have not announced anything yet really, means that Microsoft can say to AMD who looks to be providing the CPU and GPU for the Console that they want something faster and better than the hardware for in the PS4.

                                               

                                              Anyway if either of the consoles allow for full keyboard and mouse support in the games then I can see allot of pc gamers switching to consoles, because of the lack of abuse from cheaters, proper support for the games and not having to worry about the struggle to find a game because of the lower player count.

                                                • Re: SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?

                                                  wierd worlds are these wrote:

                                                   

                                                  Anyway if either of the consoles allow for full keyboard and mouse support in the games then I can see allot of pc gamers switching to consoles, because of the lack of abuse from cheaters, proper support for the games and not having to worry about the struggle to find a game because of the lower player count.

                                                   

                                                  Of course alot of PC gamers are going to switch to console, that is after all what Activision/IW/3arc has been pushing for ever since MW2 released.

                                                   

                                                  The ONLY reason the consoles are looking better to PC players nowadays is because the developers have DOWNGRADED the PC version to what the console versions have always had.

                                                   

                                                  If Black Ops 2 had proper rentable servers and full support (like CoD4 and WaW had) then it would easily have at the very least 100,000 players online daily (over triple what it actually is) and you wouldn't find any PC users willing to switch to consoles.

                                                   

                                                  Activision has completely DESTROYED the PC version of this franchise, and the saddest thing is that other developers are stupidly following them. Example, Farcry 3 was completely destroyed when they tried to copy CoD by removing vehicles and sticking us with garbage matchmaking.

                                                   

                                                   

                                                  I played on Xbox for several years and I can say with 100% certainty that I will NEVER go back to playing on consoles. They are too sluggish, they lack power, have poor graphics, extremely limited options, and are completely overrun with children and teens.  

                                                   

                                                  They are inferior in every concievable way, and having consolized features forced into the PC version has proven that as fact.  It has caused them to lose over 3/4ths of their PC playerbase.

                                                   

                                                   

                                                   

                                                  I personally can't wait to see what the guys at Respawn are working on... As long as it has proper PC support (rentable servers, modding tools) it could finally be the game to put an end to the CoD franchise for good. (and hopefully make Activision go bankrupt in the process... oh that would be so sweet)

                                                • Re: SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?
                                                  Momba1

                                                  All I can say for sure is that for a variety of reasons regarding CoD, mostly aggravation, I'm probably going the 'console' route next. The verdict is still out on whether it will be a PS4 or Xbox (720). Currently, I have a couple gaming PC's in the house, and ditto with the Xbox 360's and PS3's. We play more on the Xbox 360 and Wii consoles and mainly use the PS3's for Blu-ray's and Netflix.

                                                   

                                                  In an 'ideal world' of course I prefer the PC gaming. Pff ... BO2 on the PC has been anything BUT ideal.

                                              • Re: SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?

                                                well if they could work on a game more then 1 year maby they relese a good game insted of same game every year

                                                  • Re: SHOULD WE STOP BUYING NEW COD GAMES?
                                                    spidy

                                                    they have worked almost 2 years on Black Ops 2

                                                    not every CoD is made by the same Gamestudio

                                                     

                                                    cod 4=IW

                                                    waw=Treyarch

                                                    mw2= IW

                                                    BO1=Treyarch

                                                    MW3= IW (and some bunch of wanabee's)

                                                    BO2= Treyarch

                                                    so next inline will be IW (and some bunch of wanabee's)

                                                    there is a 2 year release cycle per gamestudio