13 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2014 6:01 PM by ariqhensem RSS

Can't play online - 'Server not available' error

Hello,

It's been a while since I've played MW3 for the last time. Yesterday I wanted to play it again, but I simply couldn't because of an error that occured. When I try to 'PLAY ONLINE' the game tries to connect with the servers and after a while an error screen pop-ups, saying: 'The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 server is not available at this time. Please try again later or visit http://www.callofduty.com/mw3/status for updates.'

I've been searching the internet for about 2 to 3 hours with no solution. Things I've already tried are:

- Log out and in on PSN

- Rebooting my PS3

- Resetting the router

- Reconfigurated the internet settings

- Waiting for 24 hours

None of these worked, and also my NAT-type is 2, so I think that is just fine. Something else I found out is that I can't play MW2 aswell, which keeps loading at the same spot as in MW3, but I don't get an error. I was planning on buying BO2, but I think I'll pass on that since I can't even get to the online lobby !/4.5.6/images/emoticons/sad.gif|_mce_src=/4.5.6/images/emoticons/sad.gif|___ji ve_emoticon_name=sad|jivemacro=emoticon|class=jive_macro jive_emote|src=/4.5.6/images/emoticons/sad.gif!

Does anyone please have a solution for me?

Thanks in advance,

Ruben