17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2014 12:35 PM by RipShred98 RSS

Additional Hell's Redeemer and Golden Spork info. and debunking

So I just have some more information regarding getting the Hell's redeemer and golden spork that will hopefully help understand how many kills it takes and/ rrounds it takes and how many people can have them.

This was all done in a 4-person game.

- Player 1 got 85 axe kills and spent 3 full round on the bridge not counting the round we landed on the bridge on.

- Player 2 got 34 axe kills in the same 3 full rounds.

- Player 3 spend two full rounds with them on the bridge and killed people with his gun with them on the bridge.

- Player 4 left the bridge right when we landed and ran around the cafeteria room.

- Both player 1 and 2 were able to get the Redeem when returning and throwing their axes into the pool.

- Player 4 went back to the bridge at mid-round 15 and got 90 axe kills and left at the end of round 16; he couldn't throw his axe into the pool.

SO, I believe it's not so much about how many kills you have on the bridge, rather than about lasting a full round on the bridge just axing because player 4 didn't stay a full round he didn't get it even though killing 90 zombies on the bridge.  Also, this all shows that not everyone needs to be on the bridge while you get the axe kills and other people can be shooting on the bridge without affecting it.  This also shows more than one person can have the Redeemer.

With the golden spoon, I got 48 acid gat kills and then i heard the laugh, it happened mid-round so I believe that's a number of kills thing and not by rounds.  Also for those that don't know all can get the Spork, they just need to go and get the spoon in the cafeteria after the first player gets his spork, and drop it in the the tub and they'll get it.  Only 1 person needs to run down in the laundry room.

Hope this helps some people and feel free to comment or ask a question.

• Re: Additional Hell's Redeemer and Golden Spork info. and debunking
          quiksandpull

when I first read this I thought it was about theories as to other functions that these two weapons can have. Did you try doing any theories as to what they also might do? Or no?

GulfCoastGirl

All 4 players in our game got the Hell's Redeemer tonight YAY!!!

We all just did Tomahawk kills on the bridge until we heard the "notification sound" 4 times.  We didn't try to keep track of who had how many because it was crazy over there and everyone hears the noise every time so we don't believe it's individuals getting a number of kills but a collective group getting the requirement.  So 4 players = 120 Tomahawk kills total, no matter the individual number.   I think we were there 4 or 5 rounds before we got the notification 4 times.

When we came back the first guy was able to get his right away but the next guy didn't have an afterlife so he had to wait a round.  I tried but couldn't get mine.  Not sure why but I think it's because I went down.  I waited another round, threw my tomahawk back in the hole and then still had to wait until the next round started.  I didn't think it was going to work because I was still able to throw my Tomahawk....  and the indicator was still showing RED in my HUD.   After the round started I couldn't throw it anymore so I knew I could go fetch my Redeemer and sure enough, I used an afterlife and got it. 

The 4th player also had to wait for a new round before he could get his.

mkdons276

I've been saying this for a while but everyone just thinks its 30 kills and that's it!

One game of 3 players, we heard the first noise within around 15 kills each!

Plus I believe everyone does have to be there if you all wish to get it. If someone goes down it seems to ruin it for us everytime!

Should add the kills on bridge and tomohawking the pit steps can be done either way round. In one game we did the pit first then the bridge and as soon as we heard the noise the symbols dulled out like they should. Problem was we didn't realise that and throwing it back in the pit re activated them.

MunkMunkEdwards

i know all four people don't have to be up there but my question is this. do you have to spend at least one round or what? because i killed 70 plus zombies while some randoms died at the prision while i was on the bridge and i heard no sound and stayed almost a entire round but left righ tbefore the end. the pit wouldn't take it.

GulfCoastGirl

MunkMunkEdwards wrote:

i know all four people don't have to be up there but my question is this. do you have to spend at least one round or what? because i killed 70 plus zombies while some randoms died at the prision while i was on the bridge and i heard no sound and stayed almost a entire round but left righ tbefore the end. the pit wouldn't take it.

I'm thinking this 30 kills may be nonsense.  You have to make Tomahawk kills until you hear the notification sound PERIOD.  If you don't hear it, you didn't make enough.  It took us 4 or 5 rounds before we heard the sound 4 separate times.  I know I had almost 100 Tomahawk kills when we were there and I'm certain my teammates had similar numbers so the whole "30" may be bunk.  You have to hear the sound.  If you don't know what it sounds like, go watch Spiderbite's video he plays the sound in it.

Also, I don't believe it's player specific.  So I'm saying I think if you get the kills (but only for 1 person... meaning you hear the noise 1 time) someone else may be able to go toss their Tomahawk in before you get back and snake the Redeemer.  So if you are playing with randoms, I'd keep it to yourself when you hear the notification sound on the bridge and hope they aren't listening for it too.

MunkMunkEdwards

im looking for spiders video on it in a sec. i was hoping they had a sound play like when you shock the spoon, or kill enough in the shower area for the spork. i may just have to sit on that bridge for 3 or so rounds to be sure

GulfCoastGirl

MunkMunkEdwards wrote:

im looking for spiders video on it in a sec. i was hoping they had a sound play like when you shock the spoon, or kill enough in the shower area for the spork. i may just have to sit on that bridge for 3 or so rounds to be sure

The sound is distinctive but it does blend in with the game sounds so we all tried to be quiet (not chatting) when we were there.  Definitely easy to miss if you aren't paying attention.  Just make sure you don't leave that bridge until you hear it.

Also, when you get back an throw your Tomahawk in the hell hole, don't be discouraged if it comes back and still shows red in your HUD.  Mine came back to me and I could still throw it but when the next round started after about 5 seconds I could no longer throw mine... that's how I knew it was gone and I could go into afterlife and pick mine up.

i got all of these numbers from watching the game in theater afterwards, not actually counting while we played

GulfCoastGirl

xxxsuperdankxxx wrote:

i got all of these numbers from watching the game in theater afterwards, not actually counting while we played

Right but that doesn't mean it's always the same amount.  Between the 4 of us (who all successfully got the Hell's Redeemer) we  killed approx. 300 before we heard the confirmation sound 4 times.  We had also killed about 6 Brutus' with just our Tomahawks during those rounds.

Everyone can believe what they want but I know for us it worked when we just killed until we heard the sound 4 times.  It was tempting to leave when we were sure we had each killed 30 but that didn't work before so we all stayed until we got the sound 4 times.

I'm also pretty sure (but not 100% positive) during our 3rd round up there we didn't get ANY sound but got 2 sounds in the 4th round.  So I don't really think it's round  specific.

MunkMunkEdwards

well i heard a tone, not like the spiderbite video one but i went back after about three rounds and after two tosses it took my axe. imloving thhat upgraded hatchet though

MillerTyme

And im almost positive you have to complete at least one round before going back.. me and my 2 buddies went on the bridge.. they both def got 30 kills and I wasn't sure if I did but we left anyways after we finished the round.. they both got it and I couldn't.. and we kept goin back to the bridge and I kept killing by myself always getting over 50 kills each time, but I never finished a round I always left one person, and every time I couldn't get it! So I kno I heard the sound every time but never could get it.. so the only thing I didn't do is complete a round before going back so im sure u do at least have to finish one round before going back.. someone please confirm this.. cuz I went back 3 times gettin 50 plus kills each time.. but never finished a round and never could get it..

if i get the hells retriever or the golden spork do i get to keep it in every game i go into?

boybad

Has anyone noticed that you get this sound in prison? Im sure you need to get this sound in prison and bridge.