1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2014 3:08 AM by matuzz Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: Is Richtofen Good?  Maxis Evil
        LORD_GRRR

So do you believe there is a demon in control or is it their own insanity?  Perhaps the deepest, darkest parts of their most basic wants are psychotically coming out and manifesting in a schizophrenic manner?

• 11. Re: Is Richtofen Good?  Maxis Evil
          Shredder2468

I know you didn't. I was just saying that I don't believe there is a demon inside of him.

Second. Yes, it's true, Richtofen is definitely more Hell bent right now. But I think he means their motives. THEM, not whatever/whoever is controlling them.

I'm pretty sure Maxis is controlled by nobody, but if the OP IS correct, and Richtofen IS controlled by a demon, then he would be the lesser of the two evils, since he had no plan to do anything based on destruction to mankind originally.

• 12. Re: Is Richtofen Good?  Maxis Evil
            Zombiefaces

Maxis sided with the nazis which most would see as evil. BUT he was from Germany and was doing what he thought would put an end to the war as quick as possible for his country and getting financing at the same time. Richtofen however wanted to perfect teleporting. <----- how does that help the human condition?? In my eyes Maxis was looking out for the entire program and Richtofen was only trying to further his agenda.

But hey who knows! This is actually a subject I enjoy debating on!

• 13. Re: Is Richtofen Good?  Maxis Evil
              DeathBringer-Zen

I believe there is 'something' within the MPD that is controlling Richtofen, as it did with Samantha, but the rest of the Group 935 member and Maxis became paranoid and 'insane' from their exposure to the Element 115 that they had mined.

Richtofen's madness is different to that of say Yuri's, who went mad through the exposure to the 115, and turned on Gersch.

No... Richtofen is being controlled or manipulated in someway, but it is down to the MPD, and who possesses it.

He WAS exposed to 115 prior to finding the MPD though, so madness had engulfed the Group then too.

• 14. Re: Is Richtofen Good?  Maxis Evil
                Zombiefaces

Agreed. At this point no "good guy"

• 15. Re: Is Richtofen Good?  Maxis Evil
                  Zombiefaces

TRUTH.

• 16. Re: Is Richtofen Good?  Maxis Evil
                    Shredder2468

Well at least a few people like debating. :-).

Richtofen only continued working on teleportation because he believed it was a breakthrough in science and technology. He was a curious man. It wasn't benifiting HIM in any physical way. He though that the Nazi's would like it and he even tried to show Maxis, who rejected the idea. THAT'S when things started to get out of control. :-).

• 17. Re: Is Richtofen Good?  Maxis Evil
                      DeathBringer-Zen

Richtofen's main gripe with Maxis was that he did not want to produce the DG-2, as he found it to be too dangerous to manufacture in mass numbers, and then became even more frustrated when Maxis refused to take serious, the notion of the teleporters sending the 'missing' test subjects through time, rather than space.

Mind though... this was all events that took place AFTER they had been exposed to Element 115. Maxis and Richtofen worked extremely closely with the 115, and this is partially what convinced Maxis to even expose Samantha to it.

• 18. Re: Is Richtofen Good?  Maxis Evil
                        Zombiefaces

Then why in that radio was he worried about Maxis stealing his idea? Also, the nazis asked for weaponry. That's what they needed at the time. I agree that he was working on a huge breakthrough, but at the time that's not what was wanted from their financiers. Anyone who is passionate about his or her work knows this feeling. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, even if you dot agree with it to get a job done with others.

lol and sometimes you end up going rogue and controlling zombies apparently.

• 19. Re: Is Richtofen Good?  Maxis Evil
                          DeathBringer-Zen

Then why in that radio was he worried about Maxis stealing his idea?

Exposure to the 115... Paranoia!

Also, the nazis asked for weaponry. That's what they needed at the time.

The DG-2 was considered too dangerous for mass production, as the user of it would become exposed to high radiation.