9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2013 6:32 PM by hudder92 RSS

Tired of C4 and Quickscoping spam? The answer is Black Ops 1.

I popped the disk back in for giggles, but after one game I was having a INORDINATE amount of fun as opposed to black ops II. There are snipers, but they are balanced, there is C4, but they don't go 50 feet, or explode instantly.

If your having problems in Black Ops II, or doing well and just plain not having fun like me, then I emplore you, try black ops 1 again.

What it offers over Black Ops II:

MUCH less lag compensation. Even in a party all of my friends were playing perfectly, where as in black ops II ONE of us always lags.

MUCH less bullshit in terms of Sniper rifles/C4. Quickscoping is not rewarding and you can't just INSTA-explode your C4 packs around corners and over objects, C4 is still effective but it's used MUCH, MUCH less then its fast hands counter part.

This next part is opinion based, but, black ops has MUCH more fun guns.

• Re: Tired of C4 and Quickscoping spam? The answer is Black Ops 1.
          deamonomic

McGruunty wrote:

I popped the disk back in for giggles, but after one game I was having a INORDINATE amount of fun as opposed to black ops II. There are snipers, but they are balanced, there is C4, but they don't go 50 feet, or explode instantly.

If your having problems in Black Ops II, or doing well and just plain not having fun like me, then I emplore you, try black ops 1 again.

What it offers over Black Ops II:

MUCH less lag compensation. Even in a party all of my friends were playing perfectly, where as in black ops II ONE of us always lags.

MUCH less bullshit in terms of Sniper rifles/C4. Quickscoping is not rewarding and you can't just INSTA-explode your C4 packs around corners and over objects, C4 is still effective but it's used MUCH, MUCH less then its fast hands counter part.

This next part is opinion based, but, black ops has MUCH more fun guns.

wow someone rooting for BO. usually gets hate. I honestly dont see much of a difference lag wise between the two games but thats just me

I agree with the snipers on black ops 1, but I disagree with the c4.  I find c4 to be a necessity in black ops 2 to make up for the crap that happens with snipers.  For instance if you throw c4 around the corner to a guy that has a sniper you can kill him before he has a chance to snipe you in 1 bullet.  Check out my latest video on YouTube for a video concerning the c4.  My channel is youtube.com/vitalnotion

codchamp

Yes it is true. With Blops 1 being the only Call Of Duty that i have not maxed prestige in yet. I decided about a month ago to go back and do so. Even though i bashed the game when it came out. My opinon has changed. The gameplay is truly very balanced more than any other COD and especially over Blops 2. You will still come across the Q/S but it is not as easy to do it in Blops1.

When blops 1 came out i raged and raged over connection. It seemed truly awful. But i suspect the distance within my party every night played the biggest factor. Unlike Blops 2 where the connection is just bad.

6 more prestiges to go in Blops 1 and i will enjoy them.

myevo8you

codchamp wrote:

Yes it is true. With Blops 1 being the only Call Of Duty that i have not maxed prestige in yet. I decided about a month ago to go back and do so. Even though i bashed the game when it came out. My opinon has changed. The gameplay is truly very balanced more than any other COD and especially over Blops 2. You will still come across the Q/S but it is not as easy to do it in Blops1.

When blops 1 came out i raged and raged over connection. It seemed truly awful. But i suspect the distance within my party every night played the biggest factor. Unlike Blops 2 where the connection is just bad.

6 more prestiges to go in Blops 1 and i will enjoy them.

I tried to tell you that BO was the most balanced since COD4. The way host was determined and the lag compensation was just about perfect. My ONLY complaint in BO was Second Chance, and ONLY in HC modes. Other than that I think it was a VERY close second to COD4 as best of all time.

We (our group) actually did a test. I have the best internet of everyone and in BO1 I would get host 95%+ of the time and EVERYONE was on a 4 bar connection, well MW3 and BO2 is opposite, everyone gets 2-3 bars when I'm host.

What we did was gather 12 of our regular players and I was party host. We booted up BO2 and we went into custom games. I had 4 bars, 11 others were fluctuating between 2-3 bars. We INSTANTLY changed to MW3, no one turned off their XBOX's and guess what, I had 4 bars, 8 people had 3 and 3 had 2 bars (canadians). We then switched straight to BO. I had 4 bars, 9 people had 4 bars, and 2 people had 3 bars. The ONLY thing that changed was the game. We repeated this over the course of about a week and EXACTLY the same result was given.

We also played 2-3 matches in each game. The host lag compensation was the worst in MW3, but VERY close to BO2. BO1, host was on par with what the action was. In MW3 there was a TON of "ghosting" where bullets would not register on moving targets, slow or running, and in BO2 the players were running smoother, BUT the hitboxes were literally all over the place. I would shoot a guy straight in the chest with 3-4 bullets to only get 1 hitmarker, then I would shoot 2 bullets to the left/right and not even be close and get a kill.

rlbl

myevo8you wrote:

I tried to tell you that BO was the most balanced since COD4. The way host was determined and the lag compensation was just about perfect. My ONLY complaint in BO was Second Chance, and ONLY in HC modes. Other than that I think it was a VERY close second to COD4 as best of all time.

I could not agree more

codchamp

I think black ops 1 was still running the same connection parameters as COD4, waw and MW2. So he with the best connection always got host and those that are close to host gets good connection.How it should be in a P2P gaming world.

My biggest issue with Blops 1 when it was new. i never was party leader. My friends always were. They were also 3,000 miles away in seattle and i would constantly get yellow bar and game lag because of this. Combine that with smaller hit boxes in that game compared to other COD's and you see why i get mad.

now that i roll solo or if i do get a party going, i am always party leader and most of the team are in the same general area. So it really does make for a good online experience.