1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 89 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2013 1:18 PM by ddan9459 Go to original post RSS
      • 70. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
        gambit1969

If you wanted a different bat colour you had to adjust the brightness and contrast on the TV, you had a million shades of grey to choose from

• 71. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
          Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Check out the controller, it was probably a math calculator knock-off.  LOL. 

• 72. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
            gambit1969

Looks like my first cell phone.....only a bit smaller

• 73. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
              Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Foxhound-Pro wrote:

Did they offer different bat colors?

I was being ironic.  Not so successfully apparently.  LOL

• 74. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
                sennalike

Foxhound-Pro wrote:

A big problem is that people who state something is immature are then following up with "kids" as a descriptor in continued or further discussion.

Broad strokes for a complex issue are being made.

Yes, this is a valid point.  However, and I can only speak from my experience, the vast majority of the time that I see immature behaviour it is joined by a voice that is yet to break.  I realise I am painting a picture with a broad brush, there are always exceptions.  There are times when it has clearly been a grown up, and there have been times I have heard a childs voice and the "kid" has been playing very well.

Generally speaking if a mature adult doesn't enjoy a game then they will find something else to do.  A child on the other hand may not be in a position to just go buy another game and will seek ways to get what they consider entertainment out of what they have.  For example going into HC matches with the sole intention of spoiling the match for those playing it more seriously, or as intended.  I dont mind admitting when I was a child I would probably have done the same.  I would probably have used the prestige hack, and been banned, and come on here crying about it.  Children are just that, children.

• 75. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature

Foxhound-Pro wrote:

A big problem is that people who state something is immature are then following up with "kids" as a descriptor in continued or further discussion.

Broad strokes for a complex issue are being made.

Indeed. That's always been my gripe about people complaining about the "immature" CoD audience and genrelizing it with "kids" when any significant time online should prove otherwise. i continue to find a large proportion of the audience that purpotraits so called immature acts to be much older than "kids". Complaining about "kids" on CoD is like kids on Facebook, if you feel it's that big of a problem then get out. I NO longer facebook because it's all kids now. I got onto Facebook way back when to avoid them, because they were all on Myspace but now they're on Facebook. I feel when I hear people complain about kids that it's not the kids that are changing or ruining anything, it's us simply getting older and not liking that type of atmosphere so much anymore....

• 76. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature

sennalike wrote:

Generally speaking if a mature adult doesn't enjoy a game then they will find something else to do.  A child on the other hand may not be in a position to just go buy another game and will seek ways to get what they consider entertainment out of what they have.  For example going into HC matches with the sole intention of spoiling the match for those playing it more seriously, or as intended.  I dont mind admitting when I was a child I would probably have done the same.  I would probably have used the prestige hack, and been banned, and come on here crying about it.  Children are just that, children.

and then there are the childish adults that still do the exact same thing that the typical children do

i actually know this guy that's about 24 or 25 that is still being spoiled by his mother

no job experience, no real social experience, nothing other than anime and video games

might as well be a child

• 77. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
                      sennalike

I agree, as I said in my first paragraph, there are always exceptions and I am only speaking generally and from my experience.  It's certainly not an exact science!

• 78. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature

yeah, i was just trying to add my own experience

it would definitely be a lot easier if there was an indisputable science to this sort of thing
                        hopefully most adults act more mature than children, but the ability of having anonymity and what people do with it is a curious thing

• 79. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
                          Foxhound-Pro

Yppecaye_the_Dogged wrote:

Foxhound-Pro wrote:

Did they offer different bat colors?

I was being ironic.  Not so successfully apparently.  LOL

Well, you took a jab at the situation and I think it highlighted part of the issue is all. Since you were joking I'll leave it alone since I covered this previously.

1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next