10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2013 3:12 PM by matuzz RSS

Orange eyes, explained.

matuzz

Well I just saw the trailer and I would like to mention orange eyes does not mean its sequel with Maxis in control.

There was earlier a thread where some one asked what color the eyes would be and I said Orange.

If you didn't know Orange is the base color of zombie eyes. The eyes were orange before Samantha took control. World at War Nacht Der Untoten and Verruckt all take place before Samantha is in control and the eyes are orange.

I hope this explains it to some people wondering.

• Re: Orange eyes, explained.
          Zombich1313

Makes sense. I figured they would be, however it would have been sick to see purple glowing eyes comin at you in the dark areas. haha  def not a sequel though.

theatriks

Leaving aside Origins for the moment.

How do we know Nacht and Verruckt take place before samantha?

Nothing changes between Verruckt and Shi No Numa/Der Riese.

Verruckt even has the demonic announcer and the laugh when getting the teddy bear.

Is there something I'm missing?

matuzz

Well when we look the time lines in Verruckt and NDU we play as the team who was sent to rescue Peter, and that all happened before Samanhta took control. Yes there is demonic announcer but during that time it was gameplay mechanism. Samantha doesn't change the zombie eye color when she controls them they have their natural yellow/orange glow. Only when Richtofen gets control their eyes change to the blue.

theatriks

She died some time in 1945. That's the same year that Verruckt happened. And Nacht is said to have happened anywhere from '39 to '45. While the potential for her to be in power is still a possibility, it doesn't mean she was in power before the events of those two maps for sure.

Okay....You win this time, 6k. This time.

In this map, eyes are yellow which means that Samantha is in control. Yellow eyes = Samantha. Orange eyes = Maxis. Blue eyes = Richtofen.