I've been playing COD since COD4. So I've seen the good, bad and ugly of this franchise. The pinnacle being COD4 and rock bottom being black ops 2. Over the years we've seen great and not so great things from cod. Things like host migration and the pick 10 system were huge steps forward for the franchise. But things like lag compensation has ruined the experience for a lot of people over the last two years.
Like every November for the last several years, I hope that Call of Duty Ghosts rekindles my passion for the COD series. I'm addicted to COD like heroin, but it doesn't mean I like it. There are certain things that I think needs to happen for COD Ghosts to be a success and I'd like to share my thoughts with you all and we can compare and discuss our thoughts. So here goes...
1. Get Rid of Lag Compensation. It's a broken system and people with good connections are penalized while people with bad connections are rewarded. Lag is the main thing that ruins my experience. I've got a 2.33 KDR but at least 40% of my deaths have come as a direct result of lag.
2. Fix the Spawns. I can't even count how many times I've died by the enemy spawning directly behind me. It happens at least 2-3 times every single game.
3. Better maps! Black ops 2 has some good maps here and there. But for the most part it just looks like Treyarch has ran out of ideas. I heard that Ghosts were gonna have MW2 style maps which I welcome.
4. Take auto aim out of Ghosts and Increase the raise time on all sniper rifles. There is no way in hell that someone with a sniper rifle should be able to raise their gun faster than someone not using a sniper rifle. Also, make every sniper rifle bolt action to discourage spamming semi automatic sniper rifles. People in cod nowadays either quickscope or spam the rifle. There's a lot of balancing that needs to be done to sniper rifles.
5. Everything needs to have a balanced counter. There are too many things in black ops 2 that is so over powered that they cancel out other things.
A. PDA- Hack equipment from half way across the map? Please! One of the most op things every to grace a cod game. Get rid of it.
B. Engineer- I use it. But only for a heads up against enemy equipment. In its current state engineer serves three purposes ( four if you combine it with the PDA ). I think the purpose of the PDA should be a part of the engineer perk. Meaning you have to physically be directly in front or behind the item you are trying to hack. Engineer should only serve two purposes. 1.) to see enemy equipment and 2.) to hack enemy equipment at close range. The ability to delay explosives needs to be removed. Although i do enjoy engineer for that purpose and stalker from mw3, the ability to delay explosions hurts the overall balancing of the game. If engineer is to remain a very powerful perk, it needs to be one of the last perks to unlock.
C. Ghost- level 55 unlock for a watered down perk?!? It was a grind for anyone to make it through the first 55 in black ops 2 because everyone was running UAV's when the game first came out. If IW is gonna leave Ghost as it is now, it needs to be a low level unlock to give rushers an opportunity to defend themselves against corner camping UAV watchers. I'm okay with ghost, blind eye and cold blooded being separate from each other. But don't make the game total chaos by allowing everyone to spam UAV's because nobody has unlocked ghost yet.
We are just a few hours away from the Ghosts MP event. Hopefully we'll see and hear some encouraging news.
Lastly, there are three modes that I am hopeful for in Cod Ghosts:
1. Face off- I loved face off. Get rid of multi team. Nobody plays it. Face off was way better and I hope it returns in Ghosts
2. Squad Mode- I'm hoping this is 4v4 MP
3. War- This game mode was so much fun! Bring it back.
And one more thing to IW, when you run out of ideas for maps, remember that you haven't brought back crossfire, ambush, backlot, bloc, bog, pipeline, shipment, wet works, Karachi, wasteland, derail, favela, high rise, invasion, rust or scrap yard yet. Hell why not release a " Nostalgic Pack " as one of Ghosts planned map packs? For $29.99 you get 16 classic IW maps from games spanning between cod4, mw2 and mw3?
Those were some of my thoughts. Please give me your opinions