e MW2 (What I think is the true start of Quickscoping), we have been introduced to a new area of the Sniper community known as (you guessed it), Quickscopers. This group has probably had more of an influence on the making of CoDs after MW2 (easily shown in BO2) than any other group in the Call of Duty community. Why?:
- Most of the Modern CoD Community is less than or equal to 16 years of age.
- Most of the Children on this game think quickscoping is cool, and will buy a game if it's easier to do.
- There are a few talented quickscopers who are actually "good" (In my opinion).
- Hardscoping, although actual sniping, has been deemed "nooby" by a majority of quickscopers (mostly children).
Now let's look at how Quickscoping played a role in Pre-Ghost.
- CoD4 / MWR - If you were good, you were good. If you were bad, then you had to stick to regular sniping.
- WaW - Basically the same as CoD4 / MWR.
- MW2 - Huge leap forward in the quickscoping community. In my opinion the heartland of it. Some added aim assist made it easier than the past.
- BO1 - In my opinion, the best sniping CoD Game. Quickscoping was "harder" to do because of the weird aim style of BO1, but added aim assist made it somehwta easier.
- MW3 - The most average game in my opinion. Didn't seem like Quickscoping was UP or OP.
- BO2 - A game seemingly built for snipers. This is NOT a game Ghosts should look to for it's sniping logic.
What would I like to see in Ghosts for Quickscopers?
Quickscoping community, I don't hate you, it's just slightly irritating when my AR or SMG doesn't even make you flinch. Your montages are (for the most part) very well done and I'm sure the clips took alot of patience. However, this is what I feel:
- CoD Ghosts sniping needs to be a Mix of BO1 and MW2. More flinch when using a scoped sniper, and the least amount of aim assist on snipers.
A reason I deemed Blck Ops 2 the worse CoD ever, was probably because of the quickscoping; it was way too easy. I know alot of BO2 quickscopers will argue that the Sniper patch "ruined" the game, but it didn't. Sure, I agree the DSR should be a little faster, but I could argue that Pre-patch it was the most overpowered sniper ever created.
Finally, I'll go directly to the topic of aim assist. What do I feel needs to be done about it. Heres my comprimise:
Snipers or quickscopers will both have aim assist on their weapon when ADSing however, when they fire from the hip or try to lock onto an enemy within 15 feet, there will be no aim assist.
This compromise pretty much states that we'll let you have some help aiming, but not like BO2 where I felt snipers locked onto you at a close range.
I know that my comprimise might tick off some of the Quickscoping community, and maybe even some of the rest, but I feel that a long distance weapon should NOT win upclose, especially one that is mostly a one-shot kill. I hope that the quickscopers are willing to help the rest of the community make the game more versatile. Again, I'm not calling trickshotters out, I'm just saying that some game mechanics are making children seem good with a sniper because of an unfair advantage. For those who trickshot, quickscope, actual snipers, etc.. who are actually decent at using a rifle, you'll see a well defined skill gap if my comprimise takes place.