13 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2013 3:35 PM by JobIessMoney RSS

I want gibbing back

I miss the old days of WaW where you could snipe somebody and watch there chest explode.  I know that one of the reasons they took it out of the game is that it took processing power, but with next gen, it's doable again.  Unfortunately it will never happen.  They can't do it anymore because parents complain/sued treyarch because their small children were seeing this kind of gore.  It just doesn't make sense.  The game is rated M, 17+, why is it that the developers have to cater to make it more appropriate for little kids?  At this point, CoD could go back to being rated teen, because it's been dumbed down to a 12 year olds viewing level. 

• Re: I want gibbing back

Its not coming back to the game ever. As more players play the game and not everyone wants to see it plus the extra animation and cpu it would need for it especially in a large match like ground war it would cause too much game lag because of it.

the esrb rating does not apply to online game play it only applies to the campaign. plus the rating is not just because of the violence but because of the language in the game.

JobIessMoney

Even if a certain aspect of the game isn't rated it's still part of the same game and earns the same rating throughout. With the power of the next gen consoles the possibility is there. Although, you're probably right. It won't be coming back.

Incorrect. only sp is rated by the esrb mp is not rated at all. so no it does not matter if it rated m/17 or anything for xbl is kept e-for everyone since it is a family service and not just for gore seekers.

JobIessMoney

So you're saying the gore infested multiplayer of Gears of War can be played by anyone since it's not rated? No. While it's not truely rated it is generally accepted that the rating for SP carries over to MP.

Only by people like you. Those that understand what the esrb is and how it works and what it is for understand that the rating is only for sp ever and not for mp at all. And that is where the problem begins.

So does not matter if the sp rating is M/17 it does not mean the mp will have or needs such content in the game too. Plus the rating is not just applied becasue of gore itself, it is language which this game has some bad language and the fact the game represnets terrorism which is a real thing. Unlike gears which has you facing off against monsters which are not real.

Plus the m/17 rating does not give the players any special rights in mp to act like children and swear/cuss make profane emblems eithers like some try to claim as justification for their emblems.

JobIessMoney

I know that the rating is applied because of all content in the game not just violence/gore. And you're completely oblivious to what I'm saying. I understand that the rating isn't for multiplayer. With a M rating this gives you an idea of some of the multiplayer atleast. This is why I feel (Obviously I can't speak for everyone) that the rating is generally accepted for both SP and MP. Either way I'm done with this conversation, it's getting us nowhere.

RunAndGun1

Why is gore so important? I really don't notice the blood while playing unless I'm close to the enemy I'm shooting. I want fun. Fun doesn't require more blood.

Jackky360

Only Treyarch would be bring back gibbing and gore as they are the only ones who have done it in COD

anoreo

Treyarch said that gibbing was removed due to memory issues, but I doubt that'll be an issue this time around. But I doubt IW will do gibs, as awesome as it is. And trialstar, you can disable gibs in Treyarch games, I fail to see any issue.

There is not really any reason for it to be in the game. It does not enhance the game play at all. The main part of the game is not meant to be about gore and people exploding all over the place. That is what zombies in 3arc games was for and probably why zombies was only ever 4 players and not ever more.

JobIessMoney

The gibbing from WaW added a small level of realism to the game. While no, CoD isn't known for it's realism I'd much rather gibs and blood over money popping out of people when you kill them... Kinda takes something away from the game and replaces it with something worse don't you think? Let me just mention zombies since you brought it up, an extremely popular mode in the Treyarch Call of Duty games. Zombies has gibbing. Would I be wrong to say that game play is enhanced by it? Take a look at zombies and what does it give you? Cool weapons, repetitiveness, an easter egg challenge, gibs. That's zombies in a nutshell. Would I also be wrong to say it couldn't improve multiplayer? No. I could actually be very correct.

They money became prevalent because of the payback kill system. Where you killed the person that killed you. it was a stupid addition to the game yes.

Gibbing would not improve mp really, it is not needed. yes it may add a little eww/wow factor for some but overall it is not really needed in mp.

zombies has gibbing because it has less players in a match to deal with, so there is less issues about system performance. Even on the x1 it would cause issues because of the new higher level of graphics and detail making the gibs even more gpu intensive to render and with a lobby of 9v9 and half of them being gibbed at any point in time that would be a lot of network data and rendering to deal with.

JobIessMoney

You can't say it doesn't improve multiplayer, a lot of people would disagree. Sure, people would disagree with me too, you're an example, but in saying it does improve multiplayer is far more accurate than saying it doesn't (As it can be toggled off in WaW and I'd only assume they'd add the same feature in any other CoD multiplayer experience with gibbing). As I said before, it adds a small level of realism to the game and a nice feature to include. Call of Duty has been dumbed down so much, it'd be nice to have something interesting and new; even if that new feature is an old one brought back. Sure, maybe the consoles won't be able to run the game if they added in gibbing. For right now however, you don't know that.