13 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2013 3:44 PM by starbuckfrack RSS

Differences between the console versions

starbuckfrack

Forgive me if this was asked but I dont see a thread asking this in particular here.

Sadly due to more hospitalization issues I may not be able to afford an Xbox One. And YES my priorities are straight. An Xbox one IS the top on my list right now

It may come down to me being forced to not buy the ONE and just have to get the game for the 360 from your guys opinions what do you expect the differences the 360 and the ONE will have. what do you think the 360 will not have compared to the ONE except for the graphics.

Thanks.

PS I am very very tired so if you find a duplicate thread please link it and I will delete this one.

• Re: Differences between the console versions
          iivrruummii

I am buying the Xbox One because my X360 is on its last leg, but the main reason why I am getting it is because of Forza Motorsport 5.

starbuckfrack

I dont drive much but I still have the last 3 forzas just because crashing looks so cool

I am still unsure if I will be able to get the ONE and give everyone else a Christmas. so far I will only be able to give 500 dollars total for everyone else if I get the ONE. Not very fair to everyone else.

Now when my tax refund shows up I could probably still get the ONE.

highlandsparky

Sorry to hear about health issues...

With regards to the differences, other than the dynamic maps,  I don't see them being hugely different due to the little time they'd have to work with the xbox ones capabilities...

I'd still like to see a bit more of the maps before deciding to go for this one.

Rubin says most of the "tech" will be available on both consoles.  That's kind of a bummer.  It's great for 460 players...but I feel like it bogs down would could have been an even better game for a next gen console.  All the manpower and time put into cramming next gen technology into a "current gen" system seems like they're trying to please everyone.

Sometimes I wish I lived in a culture that understood you can't have your cake and eat it too.  You have a "current gen" system?  Well, then you don't get all these features?  Sorry, not sorry.  I wish he said something like, "We're putting our effort into making this an incredible next gen shooter....that's the direction we're headed and we hope you love it."

But instead, they're bringing everything to a mean average to please as many people.  It's business...I get it.  I just look forward to after the first 18 months of XB1, when design firms are designing for that tech, and that tech alone.

/OldCrabbyManRant

starbuckfrack

Thats great you posted that video but I was more wondering about things like the "squad play". On the current gen will 6 of my players be able to play 6 of another persons players.

otisman666

starbuckfrack wrote:

Thats great you posted that video but I was more wondering about things like the "squad play". On the current gen will 6 of my players be able to play 6 of another persons players.

Honestly, I would pretty surprised if the current gen didn't have this.  It kind of feels like spec ops is being replaced with this feature, but who knows.  Definitely something I am looking forward to though if it does come to current gen.

r8edtripx

I say just get the 360 version of Ghosts. You can still get your COD fix, and all the xp you gain will transfer over once you get your XBONE.

I don't know your exact situation, but tell everyone, you just want cash for Christmas so you can put it toward an XBONE. $5 here $10 there, a birthday rolls around, and it adds up before you know it. Again, I don't know your situation, so my suggestion may not be a good one.

starbuckfrack

I only have my wife, and her 90 year old mom so getting 500 bucks from her 90 year old mom might be considered a crime

Luckily my birthday is in the middle of January so they can go together. But since my stroke I have been able to work on less clients computers than I normally work. Like right now its at ZERO

When the Xbox came out I never considered getting one being happy with my PS2 but after playing games on a freinds 360 I wanted one really bad. I got one just so I can play GTA , and of course then it got postponed for a while so I got WaW. For the first month it was a very fun game. Then I got MW2 and the rest was history.

I am looking very forward to Ghosts, GTA5 (hopefullly), Titanfall, Project Sparks to all play one the ONE . and only the ONE. The only reason that would disappoint me is because I set a goal and it will disappoint me not reaching that goal. And this years goal is getting a ONE for Xmas.

Its not reaching the goal that bugs me. It has been a long time where I never reached a goal I set. first sign that I am getting old