3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2013 8:45 PM by xxdeathdoctorxx RSS

DLC backwards compatibility?

Since some of my friends aren't going to upgrade to the PS4 as soon as I am, I'm going to buy COD: Ghosts on PS4 and PS3.  The only problem is I don't want to buy the Season Pass for COD: Ghosts twice, once for the PS3 and once for the PS4.

Can I only buy the Season Pass on one system and as long as it is on the same account will the Season Pass work for both the PS4 and the PS3?

Please Respond.

-Mike

• Re: DLC backwards compatibility?
          surridge1990

I believe IW have already confirmed this (as long as its within the same console family ie PS3/PS4 or X360/X1),

I know if you buy it on PS3/360 it will transfer over when you upgrade to X1/PS4 however im not sure if it works the same going backwards... ie you enter your SP code on your PS4 system and then go back and download the maps on your PS3 (not sure if ive explained that very well)

Bleak5170

I would like some confirmation on this as well as I've been wondering the same thing.

During its Call of Duty live stream today, Infinity Ward announced that players will be able to transfer their Call of Duty: Ghosts stats across platforms -- including from current to next-gen systems.

By logging into their Call of Duty Account (which already exists for Call of Duty Elite members or can be created for free), players will be able to download their profile to access their stats from any console.

As described by Activision, players can "carry their profile wherever they go, from console to console, current gen to next gen, second screen and more. So when players are ready to move to next gen systems Xbox One or PlayStation 4, all their Call of Duty: Ghosts stats, in-game achievements, unlocks, and more will seamlessly go with them and be ready and waiting."