1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 68 Replies Latest reply: Sep 7, 2013 11:55 AM by mdub Go to original post RSS
      • 60. Re: Do you think there's too much radar assistance?
        iivrruummii

        Why should the Satcom be 5 kills?  The Satcoms have different levels, so getting a actual UAV-like Satcom would be 6-7 kills, on average.  Do you still not understand this?

         

        I am all for having the UAV coming back in to its original state, 1 level/1 UAV, for a 4 point Satcom, then we can raise OTG then too.  Does that work for you?

        • 61. Re: Do you think there's too much radar assistance?
          mdub

          iivrruummii wrote:

           

          Why should the Satcom be 5 kills?  The Satcoms have different levels, so getting a actual UAV-like Satcom would be 6-7 kills, on average.  Do you still not understand this?

           

          I am all for having the UAV coming back in to its original state, 1 level/1 UAV, for a 4 point Satcom, then we can raise OTG then too.  Does that work for you?

          You, I, and 2 other teammates = 4 players

          All of us have Hardline + Satcom = 2 kills + 2 kills + 2 kills + 2 kills = Advanced UAV

           

          Teammate's Satcom's stack = Free killstreak add on, for every teammate = 8 team kills to get an Advanced UAV.

           

          Satcom + Hardline = will be the most overused combo.

           

          You said that because OTG will be overused.... it should cost more. Im saying that Satcom and Hardline, will be overused. Why should OTG cost more... and not Satcoms or Hardline?

           

          Long story short..... I get that you need red dots to compete. Its ok. Some of us are just better than others.

          • 62. Re: Do you think there's too much radar assistance?
            iivrruummii

            I just like how you take the lowest point instead of the average.  It just shows that you are only looking at one point and completely missing everything else.

             

            It is 3 kills with assault killstreaks.

            It is 2 kills with assault killstreaks when running Hardline.  Which will not be the most overused combo.

            It is 4 kills with support killstreaks.

            It is 3 kills with support killstreaks when running Hardline.

             

            The average there is 3 kills.  So on average it will take 12 average kills for a team to get an "Advanced UAV".  Not to mention Satcoms are easier to find and spot on the ground with perks like Sitrep.  So a team having an AUAV is not going to be as "common" as you think.

             

            mdub wrote:

             

            Long story short..... I get that you need red dots to compete. Its ok. Some of us are just better than others.

            **** you.  I am not asking this to benefit myself like you selfish players.  I am asking for it to be balanced unlike in previous games where there was no competition between perks.  Right now I don't see any real competition other than Dead Eye.  If Dead Eye becomes overused then I have nothing to complain about, but until then my view is that the game shouldn't have everyone running around with an OP perk that blocks everything from killstreaks, perks, and equipment.  OTG needs to be raised to benefit the competition between perks.  The only reason why perks like Dead Eye, Danger Close and Overkill are 3+ is because they are good perks, and that is what OTG will be in Ghosts.  I had no problem in MW3 or BO getting kills without having a red dot on my mini map and I will not have a problem in Ghosts, but this isn't about having red dots on "my" minimap, this is about having balance within the perks.  I even found the game super easy when I ran Assassin in MW3.  In BO2 the game was much harder and people had to react to a UAV entering the air unlike in BO and MW3 where you could just ignore it, instead of trying to take it down because you are using the perk that blocks it.

             

            The reason why I enjoyed BO2 so much is because it took more skill to play on both the camper's side and rusher's side.  At started wearing Ghost and tried shooting down UAVs when they came up but then I just gave up both Ghost and the FHJ and move on to Flak Jacket because it became more useful in my playstyle.  Ghost actually had some competition so not everyone gravitated toward this perk.  I can see people gravitating to OTG as soon as the game comes out because it has no real competition.

             

            If DE becomes overused then I will have nothing to complain about because competition between perks is now existent in an IW game.  The other reason why I want OTG to be 3 points is because it will be quite easy for people to put DE and OTG on the same classes and still have room for 1-3 more perks.  5 points for DE and 3 points for OTG would force people to get rid of their Tacticals, Lethals, and Secondary to get another perk or two.  I bet you never thought of this but it is okay; I look at the entire picture instead of focusing on certain things, so it allows me to find problems before the game even starts, and I can for see OTG being overused because the fact that there is no perk competition.

             

            In the end you could careless about UAVs as long as you can put OTG on your class without having to give up something in return.  The ironic thing is that I don't need to hide from a UAV, while I use UAVs, to consider myself better than other players, which obviously you do.  Hiding from Satcoms doesn't make you a better player, and never will.  The better player is a player that can run anything no matter what and achieve victory, aka me.

            • 63. Re: Do you think there's too much radar assistance?
              mdub

              iivrruummii wrote:


              **** you. 

              Really?

              the game shouldn't have everyone running around with an OP perk that blocks everything from killstreaks, perks, and equipment.

              Those killstreaks, perks, and equipment? You mean a camper's best friends.....?


              Motion sensor - because that promotes movement?

              2 kill Satcoms (hardline) - fantastic! Cant wait for the return of the TF, LMG, Head glitching scrubs... waiting for a red dot to come around a corner - because that promotes movement?

              Ping - TF, LMG, Head glitching scrub, now gets a heads up for his next victim - because that promotes movement?

              Wiretap - Now, the TF, LMG, Head glitching scrub, gets an Advanced UAV, for getting 2 kills (hardline) plus the stacking of the other teams Satcoms - Really???

               

              I guess I should stop giving you red dot chasers ideas......

               

              iivrruummii wrote:

               

              a team having an AUAV is not going to be as "common" as you think.

               

              See above. Think again

               

              iivrruummii wrote:

               

              In the end you could careless about UAVs as long as you can put OTG on your class without having to give up something in return. 

              Im sorry... what does a Motion sensor user, have to give up?

              iivrruummii wrote:

               

              It is 2 kills with assault killstreaks when running Hardline.  Which will not be the most overused combo.

               

              That is laughable!


              Off The Grid - It counters all of the camper's best friends. Some might say that people would use the perk to... you know.... MOVE.


              I wonder why a camper... sorry...red dot chaser....sorry...."skilled" player, would have such a problem with the perk?

              • 64. Re: Do you think there's too much radar assistance?

                iivrruummii wrote:

                 

                I just like how you take the lowest point instead of the average.  It just shows that you are only looking at one point and completely missing everything else.

                 

                It is 3 kills with assault killstreaks.

                It is 2 kills with assault killstreaks when running Hardline.  Which will not be the most overused combo.

                It is 4 kills with support killstreaks.

                It is 3 kills with support killstreaks when running Hardline.

                 

                The average there is 3 kills.  So on average it will take 12 average kills for a team to get an "Advanced UAV".  Not to mention Satcoms are easier to find and spot on the ground with perks like Sitrep.  So a team having an AUAV is not going to be as "common" as you think.

                 

                 

                It is going to  be common, we have already seen how the UAV > BV combo was spammed in MW3. That was a late-ish discovery in that game, but now its known. Those same people that spammed UAV > BV in MW3 are gong to come right out of the gates in Ghosts with it, you know thats a fact. So yeah, UAV spam is going to prevalent, again, upon launch of a COD game.

                • 65. Re: Do you think there's too much radar assistance?
                  iivrruummii

                  mdub wrote:

                   

                  Off The Grid - It counters all of the camper's best friends. Some might say that people would use the perk to... you know.... MOVE.

                   

                  So what was the problem with BO2's Ghost again?

                  • 66. Re: Do you think there's too much radar assistance?
                    mdub

                    iivrruummii wrote:

                     

                    mdub wrote:

                     

                    Off The Grid - It counters all of the camper's best friends. Some might say that people would use the perk to... you know.... MOVE.

                     

                    So what was the problem with BO2's Ghost again?

                    You cant stop to..... reload, cap a flag, allow health to regenerate, shoot down UAV/Counter UAV/kill streaks, ADS while moving without stock ..... to name just a few.

                     

                    Basically penalizing smart tactics, to cater to the people that need red dots to compete.

                     

                    OTG is 2 points, and that's where it should/will stay. It's called balance.

                     

                    Funny how I told you why Treyarch allowed quickscoping.... it was required for balance = snipers had to move for Ghost to work. You couldnt wrap your brain around that.

                     

                    Strange how Ghosts has a proper Anti UAV perk, and now IW is claiming quickscoping got a nerf. Hmmmmmm......

                     

                    Dont worry... I dont expect you to wrap your brain around that either.

                    • 67. Re: Do you think there's too much radar assistance?
                      iivrruummii

                      You could stop anytime.  Things like capping a flag and shooting down killstreaks would allow the enemy team to know where you are at anyways, so i don't see how it makes any difference.  As for reloading and regenerating health, you didn't have to stop moving for these either.  If you ran a silenced SMG that would make sense because you want to stay off the radar when shooting and it would be the easiest to stay on it when moving.

                       

                      I just think it is quite hypocritical when you say that people will use it to move then say that BO2's Ghost was bad because you couldn't stop.

                       

                      I don't think there is any smart tactics involved when you are just hiding from kilstreaks, etc.  When you don't were a perk like OTG is when smart tactics become involved.  The enemy knows where you are at and you have to plan on that.  Anyone can run around with a perk that blocks you from UAVs, but it takes a more brave and skillful player to run without it.

                      • 68. Re: Do you think there's too much radar assistance?
                        mdub

                        iivrruummii wrote:

                         

                        You could stop anytime

                        And Ghost would stop working. What other perk, in BO2, required anything other than just equipping it? That's not balance.

                        iivrruummii wrote:

                         

                        reloading and regenerating health, you didn't have to stop moving for these either

                        I get it... you dont want players to use the most basic tactics. Move, shoot, cover, reload. Move, shoot, cover, reload. Better penalize them with becoming a red dot.

                        iivrruummii wrote:

                         

                        I just think it is quite hypocritical when you say that people will use it to move then say that BO2's Ghost was bad because you couldn't stop.

                        I get it.... everyone must be moving at all times. We would never want different tactics in the game.

                        iivrruummii wrote:


                        I don't think there is any smart tactics involved when you are just hiding from kilstreaks, etc. 

                        I get it.... you require red dots to compete.

                        iivrruummii wrote:


                        Anyone can run around with a perk that blocks you from UAVs, but it takes a more brave and skillful player to run without it.

                        Yep.... those "brave" players using Motion Sensor. Yep....those "brave" players, head glitching, waiting for red dots to come around the corner.

                         

                        "Skillful" players, dont need red dots to compete.

                         

                        You said, and I quote... "The better player is a player that can run anything no matter what and achieve victory, aka me."

                         

                        Then why do you need the developers, to cater to your specific style/opinion, of how the game should be played? Why do you need play styles, other than your own, penalized?

                         

                        I dont need the developers to hold my hand.

                        1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next