17 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2013 4:38 PM by MorbidAltruism RSS

Hard Core team EMP problems!  Frustrating!

I am so tired of working my way up to a sentry gun only to have my team mates take it out after 3 seconds of it being up with an EMP grenade in hard core mode. It is getting to the point that I have stopped using sentry gun for a kill streak. Today I placed a guardian and a sentry gun up on the map drone down stairs. I take three steps away and get the message that they both have been destroyed. I go to theater mode to see how this could be and sure enough a team mate spamming EMP grenades upstairs took out both my guardian and sentry gun which where down stairs with one EMP. Please do something about the overpowered EMP it is ruining Hard Core mode please!

• Re: Hard Core team EMP problems!  Frustrating!

At least make killing team equipment the same as killing team mates so that there is a penalty and team mates will think before spamming grenades. As of now there is no penalty for destroying team equipment. Thank you.

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

on one hand, that's hardcore (closer to real-life). on the other, it suits trolls. if you start making it so team mates have no effect on your game, then it turns into core.

i would be okay with that, though, if it stopped the trolling.

TRU11

how is the EMPgrenade overpowerd when its actaully the people using it doing the damage.

also this is why HC is called HC.

either you learn to deal with it, adjust the way you play, find some friends to play with or go back to core.

people need to stop asking for the game to adjust to them and instead try to adjust themselfs to the game.

TheDonCartagena

People on this game are just retarded!!!! i get stunned and EMPed by team mates more often than enemies cos they dont know how to use them, instead just throw them anywhere they like not caring where it goes.

xxMr-Primexx

While that is very frustrating, it is part of the game if we're playing hardcore. The thing that makes me mad is when my teammates shoot/destroy my equipment. Nothing like planting a claymore and 4 seconds later hear that it's been destroyed, turn around and they is only teammates around you. I'd also like to finish the trophy system challenge but whenever I put one out, a teammate shoots it. Very very frustrating.

I think all of you have missed my point. There needs to be a penalty the same as killing team mates for killing team equipment. As of now there is no penalty for a team mate spamming the EMPs with scavenger perk all over the map with is not (closer to real life) sorry but the EMP is ridiculous. It is not the enemy I have problems with it is my team mates. EMPs have the largest blast radius taking out equipment from top and bottom floors with one go. Seriously the sentry gun now in Hard Core does not last more than 10 seconds before a friendly kills it with an EMP. It is still a game and will never be close to real life but at least balance out this game so those of us that only play hard core can enjoy it. Thank you.

TRU11

or you can stop using the sentry and use something else.

a proper placed sentry gun will last longer even from friendly fire.

using it on small maps is asking for it to be destroyed.

no HC is fine the way it is.

its the people that try to play it who needs to either get smarter or give up.

i have no trouble racking up kills with a sentry.

then again i dont just put them anywhere.

P34nut

You are probably finding that more core players are joining the HC gaming modes and haven't yet got out of the habit of throwing random explosives in the hope of that one random kill. I have to admit I have got a few random kills in core just by throwing random nades including EMP. Not a very good gaming etiquette to follow but sometimes you can't resist.

I decided once to go into core and just randomly Throw EMP nades and believe it or not it got me to finish top of the lobby. It was a complete WTF game for sure. I have played HC and I know the damage that can be done to team mates so I just don't spam nades or use crazy ass streaks like Lightening strike or Warthog they kill team mates all the time.

Killbook

Two words. Trophy system.

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

i've said it once, and i'll say it again: ricochet would solve all of this. once they bang or EMP themselves, they will start being more careful of where they go.

as far as i can see ricochet's benefits far outweigh the negatives.

claisty

This is precisely why I change my killstreaks when I'm playing HC.  I also don't run any lethals like bouncing betties or claymores.  I'm used to running solo so I guess it's in my nature to protect myself, and through extension my killstreaks, as best I can.

If they'd really wanted to troll you, they'd put their head in front of your sentry gun... 3 kills and your kicked... I got kicked so many time on nuketown cause of this, my sentry goes in a window all the time now, screw team killing lol

Alot of these morons running semtex, grenades, flashbangs and emps have no idea how to use one in a tactical manner they just die - spawn - throw everything they have in some random direction and hope they get something/someone. More often then not taking out only teammates or team equipment. Then they can't figure out how it was possible that a bad guy knew they were coming.

Well first off Trophy systems will absolutely not protect against a team gernade of any kind, in hard core mode trophys only see enemy grenades. Second, I use Trophy systems and claymore on all my sentry guns and guardians but a trophy system set up beside your gun will not protect from an EMP that is detonated in the above room or below room, or even behind a wall. EMPs travel through the floors walls and ceiling and a trophy can only stop line of sight objects. But that is not even the point since trophy are not going to help against a team EMP anyway. My point which I think would be super easy to do is kick a player after he destroys 3 pieces of team equipment the same as team killing. I would love to hear that message, "Get this ******* out of hear."
                                    I

Hardcore mode will always be full of trolls. I won't pretend I am not guilty of doing the same thing. Sometimes, mostly when I am going for Cherry Blossom or Art of War camo, I will equip two EMPs and spam them. It is an effective method. I am aware that I am hurting my teammates. However, sometimes it is hard to care. I am usually stuck with horrible team mates. I just try to spam them when we don't have a UAV up. If we have a UAV or a VSAT I will not throw them out. Are EMPs OP? Yes. Yes they are. That is why everyone uses them. They are crazy. Maybe if you destroy a teammates equipment you can't put your own out for a minute? That might rectify the problem... or at least attenuate it.