23 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2013 3:53 PM by ghost_1345 RSS

Does this happen to anyone else?

It seems like everytime I play Magma, I get kicked for team killing. I don't do it on purpose - it's just that many times (not ALL the time, but like 9/10 times) when I see someone on that map - be they friend or foe - their name doesn't show up above their head!

So, what's my choice? Shoot or be shot, right? Unfortunately, if I guess wrong I get kicked. And I guess wrong A LOT!

I even run a target finder on that map to see if that'll help. But it doesn't seem to make much difference. I even walked right up behind someone on that map the other day and stood there for a few seconds trying to make up my mind if I should shoot. No name, red OR green showed up. So I pulled the trigger and realized it was a friendly.

It's especially bad if I make a long shot - like across the train car that's forming a bridge on the lava. If I'm near the planter and someone is coming from the other side of that bridge - no name......so I shoot and

"GET THAT **** WEED OUTTA MY SIGHT!"

Any suggestions? I'm thinking I should just stay away from that map!

Latest reply: on Oct 9, 2013 3:53 PM by Replies: 23 in Black Ops II Playstation 3
        • Test #1
          Re: Does this happen to anyone else?

Theyre probably wearing blind eye. Try looking at uniforms and shoot the ones that arent similar to yours.

Last Edited: Sep 18, 2013 6:19 PM
          • Test #1

Don't play HC if you can't tell your teammates apart. On another note, the enemy dress differently from your team.

Last Edited: Sep 18, 2013 6:38 PM
            • Test #1

Good point about looking at the uni's. But sometimes on that map, they're too far away and just look like dark grey sillouettes. Not so far that I can't shoot them, but far enough that I can't make out details. I will have to start paying more attention to how my teamamtes are dressed at the count down.

Thanks, guys.

Last Edited: Sep 18, 2013 7:37 PM
              • Test #1

Like cupcake said, at the start of the game look at all your team mates they have distinct differences. Just burn it into your head at the start of the game.

Usually one team has camo and the other has a solid darker color. 

Last Edited: Sep 18, 2013 7:52 PM
                • Test #1

rule of thumb if their name is red shoot ..if you dont see a name shoot ..works every time

Last Edited: Sep 18, 2013 8:21 PM
                    • Test #1

The OP stated that their names do not come up in the crosshairs (probably because they are using Cold Blooded) ..

So how will that help him ?

Last Edited: Sep 19, 2013 4:40 AM
                      • Test #1

Not every time.

I recently had an experience in which I killed an enemy and team mate within a split second of each other.  10 seconds later in my own spawn I saw an avatar 5' away with green over his head and he was emptying his gun aiming in my vicinity. I presumed it was my teammate simply showing his displeasure with me so I kept on going. After he reloaded he killed me.

I watched the kill death ticker to realize he was my enemy.

Its very rare, but the colors sometimes are inaccurate.

Last Edited: Sep 19, 2013 10:50 AM
                          • Test #1

What my guess is that happened here was that you might of had a teammate standing behind the enemy so their name popped up but not the enemy I have seen this happen before personally. You just have to look at the clothing. With all the spawn flipping in this game people end up all over the map at any giving time.

Last Edited: Sep 19, 2013 6:05 PM
                        • Test #1

Right - if someone is running cold-blooded, my TF doesn't help. However, my teammates names should still show up and that's what seems to be sporadic.

Last Edited: Sep 19, 2013 5:58 PM
                          • Test #1

this happens to me kinda often. i'll see someone running towards me with no name. they are either too far away or behind something a bit.. so i can't stop and check out their outfit before firing. when i see a red name or no name, i shoot. i'm just programmed that way. any time i DON'T, it seems to end up being an enemy player.

it's like the situation where you are about to fire on the enemy but your team mate jumps in front of you. do you take the team kill or let the enemy have a free double kill?

decisions, decisions.

Last Edited: Sep 19, 2013 8:08 PM
                              • Test #1

If you are at cover I might recommend that you get out of sight and check your map and see really quick I do that sometimes if I need to be careful cause I have already got a tk haha. If you are standing behind cover just hit crouch and start really fast then check the map. Then start again and stand up, take your shot or move on depending the the result of the map check.

Last Edited: Sep 19, 2013 8:31 PM
                              • Test #1

happens to me a lot and you don't always have time to figure out which uniform they are wearing. using mics helps out. or at least gives you the option of letting your teammate know it was an accident and not try to kill you right back.

Last Edited: Sep 20, 2013 12:28 PM
                                  • Test #1

It always seems like there no name until that EXACT moment I pull the trigger! As the bullets are flying, THEN the name appears!

I have tried being on the mic and apologizing. Sometimes you get in groups of cool people, but I've found that, more often than not (sadly), you'll just get some kind of jerk-off response. I was playing one time with the same lobby over about three different matches and I TK the same guy about 5 times over those three rounds. I was amazed that he didn't seek revenge. I sent him a message thru PSN to apologize and also sent a friend request. The person didn't reply to either.

Last Edited: Sep 23, 2013 5:58 PM
                                  • Test #1

^ exactly. no name until i fire. it happened to me twice last night. i have a mic and apologize right away, but they always revenge kill me anyway.

Last Edited: Oct 6, 2013 12:14 PM
                                    • Test #1

This happens to me once or twice a day, but it's a pretty low percentage overall.  Usually it's because the green name tag didn't pop up until after I pulled the trigger.  However, sometimes the name tag doesn't pop up at all and I don't know what I've done until I realize I didn't see the XP pop up.  I always apologize and, luckily, no one has been an a** about it.  From a somewhat warped perspective, on occasion I think it impacts me more than it does the teammate I killed because I wind up trigger shy for a couple of minutes (and therefore wind up dying when I otherwise wouldn't).

Last Edited: Oct 6, 2013 2:42 PM
                                      • Test #1

Magma seems to be real bad for teammate names not to be shown until its to late ....I understand it is hard at times to tell the difference between uniforms at a distance, ... but slowing down does help, its not perfect but does help

Last Edited: Oct 7, 2013 2:22 AM
                                        • Test #1

somethings definitely changed iv'e noticed the last week or two,that there is a distinct lack of red names appearing.

Last Edited: Oct 7, 2013 10:44 AM
                                          • Test #1

just playing hctd on standoff and the amount of players on the other team with no names isnt right..hide in the hay bails and they are virtually invisible ..not using cold blooded coz if i pick up a gun with target finder on they show up...just another nail in this already dead game...

Last Edited: Oct 8, 2013 12:41 PM
                                            • Test #1

I have notice that sometimes when there is an object in front of you like a car, glass etc. your team mates names don't appear until they are far away. That happen to me in the hijack map when standing on the boat balcony team mates names don't appear and sometimes I kill 1 of them. But you mention that you get kick on magma and this happen a  lot to you so I don't think its the game.

Last Edited: Oct 9, 2013 3:53 PM