5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2013 9:54 AM by xThatTributeGuyx RSS

Dedicated servers for all platforms or nothing...

With reference of my previous discussions

however, what 'I meant to say' that I think activision or guarantees to all platforms the dedicated sever or not doing it for anyone, even if microsoft makes him use his server property '.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

gaming experience must be the same for everyone

otherwise I see the danger of the end of this beloved brand. playstation users feeling treated differently slowly abandon Call of Duty to other games that will safeguard the dedicated sever.

remember also to various users / moderators who answered me in a very aggressive these days that Sony has dedicated sever: Killzone for example, and 'since 2009 that uses dedicated servers, and many other games first party sony use them.

all this to say that after the dlc exclusive to M $ in this server and 'another move to give an advantage to the house of Redmond ..

I can understand that among American citizens there may be a close co-operation but then you simplify the whole publishing Call of Duty exclusive M $.

I conclude by telling you that I'm just writing things that thousands of players to call of duty playstation platform are thinking after this terrible issue of dedicated severs

• Re: Dedicated servers for all platforms or nothing...
          alexjt22

DEDICATED_SERVERS wrote:

Gaming experiences for many games are different between platforms and its only going to get worse with both Sony & Microsoft paying vast sums of money for exclusive content to get people to buy there consoles, sony has exclusive stuff for destiny that xbox will not get and xbox has exclusive stuff from fifa that sony won't get all I would say is get used to it to because its only going to get worse it used to be timed DLC now we are seeing timed Games like Peggle, Plants Vs Zombies plus many more.

Also the only reason why xbox one is getting dedicated servers is that Microsoft has set up extremely cheap and easy ways for every company to use them and until Sony do a similar scheme COD  will not get dedicated servers on the playstation the only reasons why a few games have dedicated servers on the currant gen is because EA set up dedicated servers around the world for there load of games to use which cost them ridiculous amounts of money and the other reason why other games can deliver dedis is for games like killzone where there isn't a need for vast amounts of dedicated servers so the cost is small to run and set up.

Instead of complaining on here you need to complain to Sony to introduce a similar scheme to Microsoft.

rlbl

DEDICATED_SERVERS wrote:

I conclude by telling you that I'm just writing things that thousands of players to call of duty playstation platform are thinking after this terrible issue of dedicated severs

Even if this were true... it does not matter.  The number of people who are actually going to do something about it (and not just write threads) is a small blip compared to those who simply want to play the game.

If you have an issue with COD, don't buy it.  If others have an issue, then they should not buy it; but people are not going to follow suit just because you want them to.

There are basically 5 types of people:

- those who wish to continue to play but insist on dedicated servers and timely DLC: They play (or will play) on XBOX (respect)

- those who wish to continue to play but are not bothered by DLC or dedis: They will play on which ever platform they feel like (respect)

- those who are (getting) tired of the series for various reasons: They will stop playing (respect)

- those who whine and complain about being treated unfairly, and make a true stance to stop pouring money into the game/series (respect)

and finally

- those who whine and complain about being treated unfairly, but deep down are not going to do anything about it (except make threads of protest = slactivist). They want things to change, but cannot pull themselves away and continue to buy the game.  These people are funny because if they stopped playing, they would not be on the boards making complaint threads. (no respect)

I am not going to insult you by "pigeonholing" you into a category... you can decide for yourself, just like everyone else (including myself)

LifeSong1

DEDICATED_SERVERS wrote:

however, what 'I meant to say' that I think activision or guarantees to all platforms the dedicated sever or not doing it for anyone, even if microsoft makes him use his server property '.

Microsoft is not making anyone do anything.

DEDICATED_SERVERS wrote:

It's already different on the systems.  I suppose Activision should not utilize the rumble triggers in the new Xbox One controller or utilize any aspect of Kinect in their game either all because PS4, PS3, and Xbox One doesn't have it. I suppose they should also use the exact same graphics engine from the older generation as we can't have the newer generation getting a different/more enhanced gaming experience.  Oh, and the health bar indicator on the PS4 controller...can't utilize that either.   You get the point (or at least I hope you do) that we already have different gaming experiences. 

DEDICATED_SERVERS wrote:

otherwise I see the danger of the end of this beloved brand. playstation users feeling treated differently slowly abandon Call of Duty to other games that will safeguard the dedicated sever.

all this to say that after the dlc exclusive to M $ in this server and 'another move to give an advantage to the house of Redmond ..

I can understand that among American citizens there may be a close co-operation but then you simplify the whole publishing Call of Duty exclusive M $.

MS has had an exclusive relationship w/ Activision for the last few years in regards to DLC. They are already "treaded differently". Has that turned away thousands upon thousands of PS gamers? No! There are more PS Clans than there are Xbox Clans. 

DEDICATED_SERVERS wrote:

remember also to various users / moderators who answered me in a very aggressive these days that Sony has dedicated sever: Killzone for example, and 'since 2009 that uses dedicated servers, and many other games first party sony use them.

Sony does not have dedicated servers.  The gaming companies were setting up and paying for those themselves.  Sony did not provide these servers for them.  They are entirely the cost of the gaming company and not Sony.

DEDICATED_SERVERS wrote:

Yes, thousands of Playstation players want dedicated servers. We get it and have heard it already. Your complaint needs to be to Sony, not to Activision. I would venture to guess that most of those thousands of PS players do not agree that just because they can't have dedicated servers that Xbox players shouldn't have it either.  I get that you are jealous of that platform (it's a bit obvious) but I just don't believe that you are the leader and voice of thousands of players.

BTW - How many more dedicated servers posts are you going to make? This is at least your 5th one complaining about them in a variety of arguments.

Foxhound-Pro

Your previous threads have been deleted. Keep your discussion to this thread. The topic is not off-topic, but multiple threads started because you can't seem to word it correctly or present your views adequately is not reason enough to keep creating these.

Chief Forum Moderator

Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts

xThatTributeGuyx

Well, here is the thing, and this is how it was explained to me; Microsoft offered these Cloud Servers up to all game developers for their games, at a discounted price. Now, does this mean that every game with an online experience will have dedicated servers on Xbox One? The answer is no, because if a developer feels they don't need them or don't want them, then they won't use them; but let's face it, the vast majority of them will use them because they are discounted and a great price. So, Activision is still paying for them, out of pocket. Microsoft isn't putting a gun to their head or just giving it to them and saying hear, make our Xbox One version better, but they are putting the plate right in front of them and have it all dressed up and looking good. Still, it would have been nice to think a company would sit back and go, you know what, if we're going to do this on one, we need to do it on the other. Still, things are coming down to the wire, and the way Mark Ruben and Activision are answering questions, it sounds to me like they are trying to work with Sony, and maybe even Nintendo, to get dedicated servers paid for and set up for their consoles as well, especially knowing that the Peer to Peer lobbies will have more connection issues with the split player base between the Last Gen and Next Gen consoles.