1 2 3 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2014 10:58 AM by Carvalho16 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Encouraging Accuracy?

WKMMS

Spraying people in the legs and getting a kill.  We all do it and it happens to us all too.  Yes, this is a video game and there's a certain amount of suspension of disbelief that should be applied, but I've always found this to be a bit silly.  In order to kill someone shouldn't we at least be required to hit them from the waist up? 

In CoD Ghosts we now have a sniper rifle getting in on the act, with the L115 being a OHK to the thigh and up.  This seems to me to be a backwards step, especially since it seems to handle faster then the Ballista from BO2 (which is my own personal favourite gun btw). 

CoD has always been a straightforward and simple shooter, but isn't it about time that there was a bit more emphasis placed on being precise and accurate?  What are your thoughts?

• 1. Re: Encouraging Accuracy?
          rankismet

While I get your perspective to a point... I don't agree with it.

If you remove scoring a kill with hits to extremities then you must also change the affect those shots have. People should limp... be unablle to raise a weapon... and what about the health fairy?

Perhaps the game needs to emphasize not being shot.

• 2. Re: Encouraging Accuracy?
            Izjar11

Spraying people in the legs and getting a kill.  We all do it and it happens to us all too.  Yes, this is a video game and there's a certain amount of suspension of disbelief that should be applied, but I've always found this to be a bit silly.  In order to kill someone shouldn't we at least be required to hit them from the waist up?

what your asking for is more realism and that is not what COD should be.

CoD has always been a straightforward and simple shooter, but isn't it about time that there was a bit more emphasis placed on being precise and accurate?  What are your thoughts?

BO2 had its emphasizes on accuracy (the huge aim assist) was to help with aiming for a reason. I do not think more realism is the answer to COD or how to make it better.

Not a bad post but I would not suggest it.

• 3. Re: Encouraging Accuracy?
              brsox

I think the damage is fine, but I wish they would make aiming worth something. I constantly get killed by wild sprays in BO2. It's ridiculous. Most of the time I feel like I would be better off hip spraying over aiming. That is probably the most frustrating thing for me. I HATE when I ADS and shoot someone (on target) but I die... then watching the killcam I see a wild uncontrolled hipspray. Hate it. Makes no sense at all.

• 4. Re: Encouraging Accuracy?

Maybe they should just lower the damage a little more for limb shots.

• 5. Re: Encouraging Accuracy?
                  iivrruummii

I think the game works great the way it does now.  I don't really want to hear more people complaining about 5+ hitmarkers and not getting kills.

• 6. Re: Encouraging Accuracy?
                    ghamorra

Depending on the weapon, a sniper can cleanly blow of body parts. I don't expect much fight out of that person, assuming they're still conscious after the shock of be torn apart.

• 7. Re: Encouraging Accuracy?
                      rlbl

it makes perfect sense to me:

If I drop a gun on the ground and it fires, and the stray bullet ricochets off of two walls, and then off a steal drum to find its resting place in the back of someone's head who was aiming at me... I expect they will die.

I am being facetious... but it can happen nonetheless

• 8. Re: Encouraging Accuracy?
                        Hobeinator

I don't think requiring a waist up shot for a kill is the way to go, but I wouldn't be against lowering the damage value on extremity hits.  That would put more emphasis on accuracy.

• 9. Re: Encouraging Accuracy?

Lol seriously this post was just funny they haven't encouraged accuracy since MW2 that was the last accuracy based Call of Duty games after that game either had to much aim assist or to many 3D animations errors or they had broken camera angles as well. You say encouraging accuracy I say what accuracy? If they only use sticky aim that would even encourage sticky aim. And if you are an anti-quickscoper I haven't seen a quickscoper post in awhile so there is no need to keep bashing them. Games after MW2 have been spray and pray games more then accuracy based games.

1 2 3 Previous Next