8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2013 4:11 AM by BobbyMcGee RSS

just went wired...

BobbyMcGee

and my gawd, its like a whole new console. everything works much better. my console feels like it had double tap!!! even my range for the pad has damn near doubled, no more controller has lost contact with console issues. zombies pub matches run like local. im TOTALLY blown away by the boost in performance all the way around!!! wish i did this a year ago.

• Re: just went wired...
          RAGEmajichands
          it's a more recent thing I think, I've been trying it all year but it's always worse than wifi by far.... Until last week, I tried it and had same speeds as wifi but with zero loss in strength (my wifi often drops dramatically), been playing much better and started using higher score streaks too. Even getting host often (although that's a bad thing as it's unplayable when I'm host) when rarely getting it before.
            like2nap03

It always made a noticeable difference to me.  I'm in a unique situation though with my internet.  I can't wait to try these games out after I move and get cable internet.  I'll have it wired of course.  Probably directly into the modem.

WiimotesRus02

Weird, I went wired and found no difference at all. But i'm talking about lag, I don't know if you still have that problem, I have only had a few freezes and stuff, so not the same issues as you, but it made no difference to me, which is why I believe its a regional thing which for some reason confuses these servers more than before..

RAGEmajichands
                  changed my mind, went wired last night and never had one good match. It was a new account so not sure if they had anything to do with it but felt like I was one second behind everyone else. Done a speed test was getting 9 down and 2 up, normally only get 1.2 up at best dunno if that means anything??
                      WiimotesRus02

RAGEmajichands wrote:

changed my mind, went wired last night and never had one good match. It was a new account so not sure if they had anything to do with it but felt like I was one second behind everyone else. Done a speed test was getting 9 down and 2 up, normally only get 1.2 up at best dunno if that means anything??

It means the same thing I've said over and over, its not your internet or ping, its the game and treyarch. I did everything A_Trey_U told me to do, and when I reported no change, I think it just confused him more, never heard from him again, except when he told me I complain too much..

Padiego

When on Wii U you get slower speeds wired......however the connection is more stable.