This thread will compile a list of bugs and issues encountered in the Origins gamemode since its release for the PS3 edition. This is to let the Treyarch team know what requires fixing, because some of these are heavily disruptive. Many of these glitches and issues have been confirmed by multiple players (bar the final one, at least to my knowledge). While most, if not all of the ones posted in the title post have been experienced by me, they have also been experienced by other players who are not always in the same game as I, absolving me of being the common denominator.
- Jumping to the first lightning staff piece occasionally doesn't appear to work correctly, a claim that is supported by the difficulty people have faced reaching it. As you jump, the jumping action seems to cut out, leaving you to fall to the ground. This does not occur at either of the other two jump spots. In one game, a player attempt to leap in one game, however he simply froze and was downed in mid air for fifteen seconds, before falling to the ground, on top of another player (who was not downed). This may be the result of standing on the tank's edge whilst there is a barrier that exists to prevent you from jumping. Attempting to do so downs the player and makes the screen go black until they crawl back onto the path.
- Attempting to activate the switch to call the tank when the player has less than 500 points causes "A Tank Ride" to play regardless.
- Character quotes, usually in relation to buildables, are uttered in the incorrect/opposite order. Finding the first piece of a buildable will result in the character using a quote that fits only when the piece being retrieved is the final one.
- Zombies can damage players from behind when they have the zombie shield on their back. The shield is not damaged, instead it is quite simply ignored.
- Zombies do not move away from the downed player's body. Confirmed for Solo. Rather, the zombies continue to run at/on top of the player as Quick Revive kicks in, preventing them from any movement, particularly if they were facing a wall. Once Quick Revive has done its job, the player is immediately downed due to the zombies not having relocated.
- While not a glitch (as far as I'm aware), zombies that sprint after the tank and leap onto it via the back seem to do so way too early to be plausible, even for Zombies. This trait is not present in zombies sprinting after the bus in TranZit.
- Undamaged zombies occasionally die and do not respawn, which begins the next round. This isn't present on any other map, as far as I'm aware.
- The zombie shield, when broken, occasionally transfers the swipes that were done unto it onto the player, causing them to either be downed or plunged into the near-death screen. This is especially concerning when the player is in mud, as being hit slows the player, which in itself is intentional, however these illegitimate swipes disallow the player to achieve a distance between them and the zombies.
- Some zombies, when shot at very close range, seemingly ignore bullets fired into them, or still attack the player once they have been killed (no, not just head removed, points awarded for kill and all related proofs of death, however they die after a few seconds, much like lag on a server).
- Zombies chasing the tank may not begin sprinting.
- Zombies chasing the tank may sometimes continue sprinting once they have boarded.
- Zombies chasing the tank continue to sprint at the player after they have left the tank.
- Zombies clambering onto the tank may run once on board (not sprinting), as opposed to walking, which they have been seen to do. Either walking whilst on the tank is a glitch, or the sprinting and running is.
- The following message: "Error: dobj for xmodel 'c_zom_tomb_nikolai_fb' has more than 160 bones (see console for details)" This glitch removes the player from the game. I completed round twenty-two, and as the number became twenty-three, I accidentally equipped the Maxis Drone. The game then proceeded to cut to the Black Ops II black loading screen and present me with the above error. My round was recorded and to confirm, I was playing as Nikolai at the time. If it's also relevant, I was located outside of the church in Freya's footprint, chest-side, with the Boomhilda, Ull's Arrow and Argarthan Reaper at the time. I did not have claymores.
Feel free to list additional issues you have found in the comments, as it will provide Treyarch with a definitive list of them as well as keep these issues known of.