1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 72 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2013 12:18 AM by Adam1234567893 Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
        Raketti

Teanah, i have two suggestions.

Please include a feature that shows you whether you are connected to a dedi or not. It's maybe not that useful but something i would like to know without monitoring my traffic by other means.

And could we have an option for the game to show us actual ping numbers instead of the signal bars ? I know you guys have stated before that the bars are better because numbers might confuse some people, so have the bars as default but enable us to choose if we want to see numbers instead of bars in game to determine what your personal and other players actual ping to the host or dedi is on the console versions too.

Both of these things could potentially help in one thing, people with horrible and unstable internet could actually see how badly their connection sucks and possibly do something about it, which in the long run improves everyone's experience.

• 31. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
          BanHaMMer

Probably because they are contracted with Microsoft in 'that' way? Hence the term, 'all next gen.'

• 32. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
            BanHaMMer

This ^^ is a good idea, it would certainly help with improvement & development in relation to connection issues etc. Something the average Joe could work on, which in turn would improve everyone's overall experience

• 33. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
              maccabi

Raketti wrote:

Teanah, i have two suggestions.

Please include a feature that shows you whether you are connected to a dedi or not. It's maybe not that useful but something i would like to know without monitoring my traffic by other means.

And could we have an option for the game to show us actual ping numbers instead of the signal bars ? I know you guys have stated before that the bars are better because numbers might confuse some people, so have the bars as default but enable us to choose if we want to see numbers instead of bars in game to determine what your personal and other players actual ping to the host or dedi is on the console versions too.

Both of these things could potentially help in one thing, people with horrible and unstable internet could actually see how badly their connection sucks and possibly do something about it, which in the long run improves everyone's experience.

The problem with both these suggestions is player assumption and the fact alot of people will quit a game because of them..

for example quitting because they are on a listen server as they assume a a dedi would have given them a better connection... same with bars versus numbers this has been discussed numerous times over the years and yes your right one reason to use bars is everyone understands them.
              The issue with numbers is people who do understand them would keep dumping lobbies trying to find that "one" with the lowest ping"

• 34. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
                Raketti

IMO a lot of people are already aware of the connection issues that this franchise has, and back out whenever they find themselves in a lobby where they experience latency. The ones that are not aware would keep on playing and ignoring the signal bars. Maybe the people who play on PC that have the numbers available could comment how often people dump lobbies due to their ping.

Maybe it's not ideal to show if you are on a dedi or not in case of people who don't have the best connection at their disposal and /or live in a remote area, they might back out in an effort to get onto the dedicated servers but  the majority of players (players who populate the most popular playlist and live in high population areas) would just be happy to see they are playing on a dedicated server.

If the matchmaking is improved, backing out due to connection shouldn't be a big problem.

• 35. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
                  ChestSplittah

Totally agree with you on this. Please, do me a favor. Make a thread a describe (only the way you can) that there isn't a 100% guarantee of hitting a dedi.

• 36. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
                    mdub

ChestSplittah wrote:

Totally agree with you on this. Please, do me a favor. Make a thread a describe (only the way you can) that there isn't a 100% guarantee of hitting a dedi.

This!

• 37. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE

Mac your going to have to fire up the ole Maccabian brain and do a common sense post to help clear up the confusion that the dedi/listen hybrid system is creating. On how ded's will not always be the best choice for everyone. And how just because a player has a low normal ping to a test/web server that does not always mean it would be so to a listen/dedi server based upon number of hops and distance to each. That a dedi if far enough(several hops/routes) could actually be worse than a listen server in game performance.

• 38. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
                        maccabi

Raketti wrote:

IMO a lot of people are already aware of the connection issues that this franchise has, and back out whenever they find themselves in a lobby where they experience latency. The ones that are not aware would keep on playing and ignoring the signal bars. Maybe the people who play on PC that have the numbers available could comment how often people dump lobbies due to their ping.

Maybe it's not ideal to show if you are on a dedi or not in case of people who don't have the best connection at their disposal and /or live in a remote area, they might back out in an effort to get onto the dedicated servers but  the majority of players (players who populate the most popular playlist and live in high population areas) would just be happy to see they are playing on a dedicated server.

If the matchmaking is improved, backing out due to connection shouldn't be a big problem.

with the upmost of respect here and this is from many many years of observations on these and other cod related boards.. the majority of people complaining about issues aren't actually complaining issues at all they are complaining about game mechanics that they dont understand/understand because some idiot youtuber has told them that what they see is an issue.

as for pc gaming and pings these differ from console online play another thing that causes confusion.,

• 39. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
                          rankismet

maccabi wrote:

LifeSong1 wrote:

So if I have players around the US in my party, then it wouldn't be best to find a host centrally located? Instead, it chooses one close to me because I'm the leader even if the majority of the party is on the other side of the country?

Using your example...

if you're in a party with 5 people other side of the us and you're party host then they would all have a bad sessions (2-3 bar) and you would have a good session. (4 bar)

The old everyone in party matchmaking would place you all in a session average to you all mid way so you'd all have a less than perfect session (3 bar)

Party leader system where the party  choses party leader with some thought would mean everyone in the party would have a good session (4 bars) apart from you on (2-3 bars) which is a much better system all round

You know I've been saying for years the issue is host selection... and matchmaking.

If they get the matchmaking part solved put do nothing about how host is selected... the best matchmaking result will get shonked.

Matchmaking with a party to a listen server:

• Match based on party leader to lobby host.
                          • Fill room based on ping to lobby host only.
                          • Do not change lobby host unless host leaves (in-game or post-game).

If this isn't the case.. shonked.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next