9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2013 1:15 PM by Bloody_Bup RSS

Lagging with 3 or 4 bars?

I dont know if im the only 1 who has this problem, but i will lag like crazy even though i have 3 bars. Im a sniper and when i shoot at someone, literly 2 seconds later i will get the kill even though im 3 baring. Also I will move just fine when im not looking at someone, but when an enemy gets in my crosshairs i will all of the sudden start lagging everywhere, is that lag switching? 3 baring in BO2 is like 1 baring in MW2 for me, anyone else having the same problems?

• Test #1
          Re: Lagging with 3 or 4 bars?

I forgot to mention that i will shoot at someone and then a few seconds later that person will kill me, and in the killcam it wont even show me shooting!! WTH!?

Last Edited: Oct 8, 2013 12:46 PM
          • Test #1

3 bars should put you a little behind the action but not to the point of lagging like crazy.  My guess is that your router may be dying on you or you could be suffering from buffer bloat.  I know when I used to use a router provided by my cable company, I would have intermittent problems with noticeable lag creeping up whenever the action picked up.  Scorestreaks being called in by other players would literally freeze my screen for a moment.  However, once I replaced that router with a 1 gig router, I haven't had that problem again.  I can't say for sure if it was the 1 gig that made the difference or if any new router would have had the same effect but it really helped me.  What I do know though is that with the 1 gig, my family can surf the net, play Netflix, etc and it doesn't have any noticeable effect on my gaming.  Whereas before I couldn't play without lagging miserably anytime somebody was on Netflix.  I will warn you that no router will completely cure lag issues but mine sure did make my gaming a lot more enjoyable.

Last Edited: Oct 8, 2013 1:00 PM
            • Test #1

can you record live and post it so we all have a better idea of what your going through?

Last Edited: Oct 8, 2013 2:29 PM
              • Test #1

A sniper who lags? Bring me more, more, more.....

Last Edited: Oct 8, 2013 2:54 PM
                • Test #1

also watch out for the internet router guys this one guy name AnOnymous or something like that was getting people info off his router things like

City/state you live

your internet provider

and your I.P address

he gets mad at you say u beat him too a shovel all of a sudden your lagging like crazy he is hot boxing your connection and making you lag out he even said he did left a guy on for a week straight sending some kind of bings to your ip address which will make your lag out of games

Last Edited: Oct 9, 2013 1:15 PM