4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2013 8:42 AM by LifeSong1 RSS

BIG QUESTION

WhiteMagic18J

Ok. Would like some clarification so I know what to tell my clan members. I have a few members getting ghosts on Ps3 and a few members getting ghosts for ps4 and waiting until the ps4 is available.  Will our scores for challenges count towards the same challenge? For instance if I have 25 confirms on ps3 and a member has 25 confirms on ps4 will our clan challenge have 50 confirms overall? Also will be ps3 members that are online be able to party up with ps4 members that are online? Or will it only be ps3 with ps3 and ps4 with ps4? If someone could get me answers that'd be great. Thanks!

• Re: BIG QUESTION
          mwfan55

From what we can tell so far, there will be no challenges that resemble MW3 and BO2 clans. Completely different clan system. It will be based on WINS. Kind of like league if you will.

LifeSong1

mwfan55 is correct in that there are no "challenges". Instead, there are new ways to earn XP (playing with another clan member in any multiplayer game, clan vs clan mode, or clan wars).

All members in the clan will be contributing to the same goals no matter what platform they are on.

PS3 members will not be able to party up with PS4 members as there is no cross-platform or cross-console family gameplay.

I think that answers all your questions.

BIGGER Question....

Regardless of what game modes we play or what consoles we play on.  If the clan is on PS3 and PS4.  Will whatever our members do in BOTH Consoles, count towards the score of our clan. 

Example....

Lethal Gaming1 will have members on PS3 and PS4.  Probably for a long while.  What i personally am concerned with is how does "Clan Wars" count our wins.  (or whatever the objective may be).  Is it going to be 1 single clan that encompasses 2 consoles, or is the stats going to be split between the 2 consoles.

BIGGER-ER yet question....

Lethal Gaming in general has clans on Xbox and PS3.  And will have clans on Xbox One and PS4.  ALL at the same time. 

When you read here.... http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/ghosts/blog/2013/ 10/10/call-of-duty-ghosts-early-clan-registration-faq

This is what i'm looking at specifically.....

*(NOTE: There may be instances where two separate Call of Duty® Elite Clans – one Clan on Xbox 360, and one Clan on PlayStation®3 – have the same Clan Name. These existing Call of Duty® Elite Clan Names will be reserved as Call of Duty®: Ghosts Clan Names by their respective Clan Leaders ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVE BASIS during the Call of Duty®: Ghosts Early Clan Registration.)

A small distance further down you see this.  This is where i'm confused.......

Q: Why is there a new Clan system for Call of Duty®: Ghosts?

A: Clans in Call of Duty®: Ghosts will include deeper in-game integration and more features, from in-game Clan Management and Clan–specific playlists to the all-new Call of Duty® Clan Wars game mode available in the new Call of Duty® app. This year also introduces cross-platform Clans, allowing players to create and/or join a single Call of Duty®: Ghosts Clan across the following platforms: including Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®4 and Windows PC.

What i'm getting at is, will a Playstation clan be able to join the roster of an Xbox clan, and be able to contribute to the OVERALL score of that single clan.

And how many people can we squeeze into one roster?

And will a regionalized roster have an advantage over a roster thats spread out across the country?

Annnndd.....

Ok. i'm done. 

LifeSong1

briocon7 wrote:

BIGGER Question....

Regardless of what game modes we play or what consoles we play on.  If the clan is on PS3 and PS4.  Will whatever our members do in BOTH Consoles, count towards the score of our clan.

Example....

Lethal Gaming1 will have members on PS3 and PS4.  Probably for a long while.  What i personally am concerned with is how does "Clan Wars" count our wins.  (or whatever the objective may be).  Is it going to be 1 single clan that encompasses 2 consoles, or is the stats going to be split between the 2 consoles.

From my understanding, all scores (be it wins, captures, or whatever) will be contributing to the overall clan and the players on both consoles are contributing to the clan and it would not be split between the 2 consoles.

briocon7 wrote:

What i'm getting at is, will a Playstation clan be able to join the roster of an Xbox clan, and be able to contribute to the OVERALL score of that single clan.

And how many people can we squeeze into one roster?

And will a regionalized roster have an advantage over a roster thats spread out across the country?

Annnndd.....

Ok. i'm done.

A player in your roster can have a Gamertag, PSN ID, and a PC ID. They can then proceed to play the game on any system they want and it will all contribute back to their clan. 

There won't be a way to bulk merge two clans, but you can have members from an Elite Xbox clan join your new Ghosts Clan (which supports any COD Member and not just one console family).

One roster can have 100 people total. You will need a few different names if you have more than 100 players and each clan will have to have a different owner.

Not sure if a regionalized roster would have any advantage aside from possibly having people playing all the time as opposed to a more centralized time.