6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2013 5:17 AM by LifeSong1 RSS

Clan sizes

OUHATEME

I Have seen the FAQ where we can have up to 100 members. I did not see if there were still going to be classes of clans. Ex lightweight middleweight or heavyweight. Did I overlook it or are there no longer classes to separate clans by size? I have a lightweight clan and have reached level 50 on both mw3 and bo2 and would like to on ghost.

• Re: Clan sizes
          LifeSong1

They have not mentioned this. That was just a side classification they used for breaking it down in the stats. No matter how you looked at it, you were a "Clan".  They have not revealed what the stat system will look like for clans and thus we will have to wait till a further reveal or November 5th...whichever comes first.

OUHATEME

Yes I am quite aware it was for breaking it down for stats which I actually liked being compared to like sized clans. Never looked at it a different way , I knew I was in a clan I created it ,lol. THe FAQ was a good size and there may have been more info which I could have easily overlooked. And now with the multiplatform clans i could see where they wouldnt do it. Either way once we get this information it will help me to decide if I will pick up more members.but thanks for answering because I know you have been looking for as many answers if not more than I have.

MuzLe

You will be matchmade with other clans that are a similar size, skill level and location as you are. If you have another look at the original multiplayer reveal, you'll hear them say it when Clan Wars was originally announced.

I'm glad that it is size modulated as well as skill, because I'm in a small clan as well. It would be virtually impossible to be winning the overall two week Clan War if you were against a clan with a member base as big as 100!

OUHATEME

I Did hear that and as stated that is for matchmaking . I am referring to the leaderboards as well where you can see where your clan ranks up against other like sized clans. If it is now one leaderboard then instead of the three that we have now which are based on size. From there I really only looked at clan level.  Since nothing is definitive yet we will see how the clan Xp is earned and the clans are ranked before actually deciding if I increase clan size above 10 members. Which with the new system in all likelihood they got rid of the top 6 scores per clan only counting . There is still a lot of info IDE like to see . For the larger clans a lot of this would be irrelevant , or just not near as important to them.

mwfan55

To be honest with you guys, this whole new system opens up a whole can of worms. Not that the old clan system was good. But I could see this happening. Clans " sand bagging " their stats to drop to a lower level and beat their division.

LifeSong1

I knew about your clan as we've talked about it in the past (I didn't see that you were the one who made the initial posting). I agree that the "top 6 players" piece is likely gone.  It seems like the only way your clan earns XP is if you are on a winning team in any of the modes. Doing well in things like Clan Wars will give you bonus XP but again, I think it is all based off of if you win, not just playing.  I really wish I could get the information on exactly how scoring will work before the game comes out.  Will there be a list of "Competitions" like the old game had, what is the timeframe for "clan wars", how is the XP tracked for just winning a game with a friend, etc.