6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2013 12:24 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

Public Play needs to be the priority in COD Ghosts

ddiddy171

Im glad that it seems like Public Play is the primary focus in Ghosts.  I have nothing against Competitive but focusing too much on competitive like Treyarch did alienates the fanbase.

No League Play in Call of Duty Ghosts? New Mode Extinction thoughts and thoughts on MLG COD - YouTube

• Re: Public Play needs to be the priority in COD Ghosts
          biron_w

I'm glad league play is gone. IMO it caused some of the problems in BO2 as it seemed that Treyarch concentrated more on league than public, even though the vast majority of players didn't bother with league.

iamyourfather

To be honest i feel this might be a big problem in ghosts. I never did league until the very end of BO2, but it did make me better. Also all the people playing league will now be back in mp gamemodes, this will mean there will be better players and there will be bigger problems for the nonskilled players.

TeF_zDD

This ^^^

Having League mode doesn't hurt the core player base.  Especially since it was only a fraction of the base that played in League.  So the the straw argument of it taking away from the game/pubs section is a significant way is false IMHO.

zvers

FYI. Just because you played League doesn't mean you are some COD god. I play hardcore, does that make me a "hardcore gamer"?!?! No it does not!

The kids these days....

mdub

iamyourfather wrote:

To be honest i feel this might be a big problem in ghosts. I never did league until the very end of BO2, but it did make me better.

The majority, just want to play a fun game. Most, dont care about competetive play.

iamyourfather wrote:

Also all the people playing league will now be back in mp gamemodes, this will mean there will be better players and there will be bigger problems for the nonskilled players.

As the league play numbers showed.... it was not that many people (compared to pub). Within that group... there was not that many "great players."  Certainly not enough, to tip the scales, in pub playlists.

nicedrewishfela

I couldn't agree more.

For those who are into Competitive play, I say more power to you. Have fun, enjoy it , do your thing. But the game is just that.. a game. The vast majority of us play it for fun. It always makes me a little sick to my stomach to hear people talk about "Pubs" like we are lesser beings. Until CoD is paying your bills, you really don't have the right to talk down to the rest of us(and even then, you shouldn't).

I am not against the idea of a League Play, but I didn't like the focus BO2 put on that small portion of the community. I don't know that League Play was truly a representation of the Competitive Scene, and it left out the HC population entirely.

In my mind, Competitive Play should remain separate from the game itself. Leagues like MLG, etc, should use the game, implement their own rules, whatever they want to do... but that should be on their time and not at the cost of the average player's experience. Don't take away HC modes or even Core Slots for Competitive Play. I don't really fancy the Devs having control over the rankings and such, that seemed like a fiasco in itself. Seems they should keep Competitive Play a separate entity entirely. Part of me thinks League Play should be a Subscription Service. This would allow those who are serious about Competitive Play to invest in their passion, while keeping out the "Looky Loos" that seemed to plague the LP circuit in BO2 (Quitters, Trolls, Griefers). If you have money invested in it, you are more likely to take it seriously (I have used the analogy before with Pay and Free Online Poker games, you really see the difference when there is money at stake, even pennies.)