1 2 3 4 Previous Next 72 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2014 4:44 PM by trialstardragon Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
      • 10. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?

OH GOODNESS YES! The most annoying thing is those stupid guitar riffs when you level up or unlock something like a kill-streak or whenever you get anything good. Every-time I'm on a roll that super loud stuff plays, I can't hear anything, then poof I'm insta-killed. When you are on a streak sneaking around like a ninja the last thing you ever want is a rock band blasting out your eardrums every few seconds. HORRIBLE!

So it's not only the music but those cheesy sound effects that ruin our whole ghost like military game play experience.

• 11. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?

I doubt they will allow the mute of battle chatter since it is one of their new features for the game.

• 12. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?

No it does not need to be a standard feature in all games just because you think so.

• 13. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?

Will it be there maybe? Does it have to be there? Not really.

• 14. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?
                affinityXX

Yeah, music is really immature, especially for something like this.  Save the music for Serious Sam or some goofy shooter. 

No music is more mature, more realistic, and players can concentrate more.     It's a fact that player performance improves with no music playing. 

• 15. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?

Music is not immature. that comment itself is immature.

it's a fact that good players are not bothered by it to begin with. only sound whores need to be able to turn it off to do well.

• 16. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?

First of all, not arguing, just responding. I see you have responded to a few comments, which is fantastic. But all we're asking for is an option, a choice to turn off or even lower the music. It is not about whether players are good or bad, or about sound whores, it's about choice. Now that I remember more, I remember that song playing over and over on a loop while waiting in the lobbies, or fixing classes on the menu. The worse was when I would end up in a dead lobby and the song actually ended but picked up immediately.

Not everybody's experiences and preferences are the same, not all will match mine or yours, as seen by your comments. Not everybody plays on XBox360 or PC, where one is able to adjust game volume and chat volume separately on their console or computer (can't on PS3). Not everybody is playing with headsets sound whoring, some use their tv or even separate speakers, which all have completely different sound levels. It's about having choice, "not really", imagine not having the choice to change your controller scheme, not having personal key bindings options, or having only off/on forced inverted control upon you, not having the colorblind feature, so on and on. As I and another user mentioned, all the Treyarch side of CoD games have this music option. It's about having the option for the best possible gaming experience. Of course, just one of many many possible fixes, but one of the simplest.

• 17. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?

I have played games that did not have those choices and did not fell any loss for it either. So it made no difference to me. But then again I have been playing games for 30+ years as far back as the first game consoles that ever came out and the very first pc games. Where such an option was not even considered or needed.

The most who seem to complain about are the ones that seem to need it off to play well.. in other words sound whores. A person using their eyes and watching and not just waiting for an sound to alter them seldom has any problems with the music. Which is why I dont think it is really ever needed. I loved when 3arc had the loud train on wmd and the missile firing on silo. I knew I could move freely with out someone trying to hide in a corner with headphones trying to listen for me coming.

The end game music is to add drama and excitement to make it harder to just hide and wait and listen. It is there for a reason just the same as why music gets louder in the action scenes of a movie or television show right before the big scene happens.

• 18. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?
                        rankismet

trialstardragon wrote:

it's a fact that good players are not bothered by it to begin with. only sound whores need to be able to turn it off to do well.

Nope... the "fact" is that's your opinion.

I'm not a fan of musical cues during a match. I'm not a fan of the countdown timers at the end of a match. They're like a gnat buzzing in your ear. I welcome the option to remove it... especially with how Ghosts is emphasizing sound.

An option to remove it is no big deal. A lot of players in the community welcome and desire options.

Why?

Because options open possibiities.

Like it was optional for you to comment on the previous post like a nozzle.

But I know that's not possible.

• 19. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?
                          affinityXX

Whaaaat.

have played games that did not have those choices and did not fell any loss for it either. So it made no difference to me. But then again I have been playing games for 30+ years as far back as the first game consoles that ever came out and the very first pc games. Where such an option was not even considered or needed.

Speak for yourself, I played games since the NES, and having the option to turn off music completely is always a good option to have for people that prefer it that way.   And it isn't much to ask considering lots of games with even indie level budgets provide that option.  More options is better than less options. 

The most who seem to complain about are the ones that seem to need it off to play well.. in other words sound whores. A person using their eyes and watching and not just waiting for an sound to alter them seldom has any problems with the music. Which is why I dont think it is really ever needed. I loved when 3arc had the loud train on wmd and the missile firing on silo. I knew I could move freely with out someone trying to hide in a corner with headphones trying to listen for me coming.

See you are speaking from a closed minded perspective.   If ingame music bothered you and you felt the gameplay and atmosphere would be better with an option to turn off music,  you would agree that option is important and should be implemented as a standard option.  

The end game music is to add drama and excitement to make it harder to just hide and wait and listen. It is there for a reason just the same as why music gets louder in the action scenes of a movie or television show right before the big scene happens.

People have different tastes in how they want COD to sound and feel.       Call of Duty, especially the multiplayer, is not a movie or television show,  there are a lot of fans that want COD audio world to feel more realistic and lifelike, and music gets in the way of that.   The average soldier isn't listening to music while in combat,  that's childish and not practical.  

That's why having the OPTION to turn off music, would make it a win/win situation for both kinds of players (they want it on, they can keep it on, want the music off, turn the music off in options) , instead of force feeding the music to people that don't want it. 

1 2 3 4 Previous Next