0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2013 2:37 PM by cokeyo432 RSS

Will Call of Duty: Ghosts be the same, or different?

As I'm sure a lot of people have gathered, Infinity Ward and Treyarch have an uncanny ability to get everyone hyped for the next Call of Duty game; however, it seems like each new COD game that comes out is only a slight variation of the previous one. Don't get me wrong, each Call of Duty game is unique and fun to play in it's own way, but they seem to be the same game every time!

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was the first step in a new direction for the COD franchise, then Treyarch made Call of Duty: World at War, which introduced us to the amazing world of Zombies! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was pretty much the same thing as the first Modern Warfare, only with slight variations in the guns and killstreaks. Call of Duty: Black Ops was similar to the Modern Warfares, but it still retained it's own unique feel and play style within different aspects of the multiplayer and campaign. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 was also a copycat version of the previous Modern Warfares, but it also had unique new aspects added to it that made it still worthwhile. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 made everyone so excited for the new Zombies experience, the new multiplayer game modes, the new guns and camos, and the new class customization system, but it still lacked a new view and feel to the game.

All of the previous Call of Duty games have been incredible games to play, but now it is time to come up with something different and new. I will always love to play the old Call of Duty games, but I'm hoping that they will give us something more than just a new game mode or a new class customization system.

Call of Duty: Ghosts has shown a little of the new direction that it will be taking in the trailers and gameplay footage. Ghosts will supposedly have a slightly destructible environment, a new storyline and setting, new perks and weapons, new game modes such as Squads, better character movement, character customization, new killstreaks, an attack dog, and it is also supposed to be slightly more team-based and stealthy than in previous Call of Dutys.

So what do you think? Will Call of Duty: Ghosts be the same, or different?