27 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2013 11:49 AM by codchamp RSS

    Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1

    affinityXX

      Yea people that claim it's the exact same thing are just haters.  A franchise isn't a franchise if it abandons its fundamentals, and a sequel/new edition brings improvements, changes and additions, so it's natural for familiar things to return that fans like, as well as some new things.   but people just skim through the facts and ignorantly claim nothing's different, when there ARE differences, improvements facts that make COD Ghosts stand out and stand above its predecessors.

       

      http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-15-call-of-duty-ghosts-the-biggest-ove rhaul-of-multiplayer-since-mw1

       

      Being the biggest multiplayer overhaul since MW1, that in itself is INNOVATION for the franchise and the genre as a whole. Call of Duty Ghosts possesses various combinations of innovation, the communities have to really look at the big picture as well as indepth look at the differences, and realize it's not the exact same thing and there are new things alongside familiar things.    Just because there are some features some people aren't interested in, doesn't give haters the argument that "nothing's new".  It still is new, and those things are still valuable for players that want those features and will use them.

       

      It's kind of like the new single player campaign, some people don't care about the campaign, and some don't care about the multiplayer, and vice versa,  but both elements are important and signficant, even if someone doesn't care about something, someone else will.  So everything counts. 

       

      Call of Duty Ghosts even makes breakthroughs that communities aren't giving full credit for.

      I mean c'mon, the industry isn't just built around groundbreaking graphics and physics.   When the dust clears, it will be the content, features, gameplay, customization, options and fun factor that will cause people to keep playing and enjoying it.     And Call of Duty Ghosts on all platforms has OUTSTANDING graphics, if you wanna talk "bad" graphics, you just have to look at shooters like RE Operation Raccoon City.  COD Ghosts meets the standards of great graphics while maintaining QUALITY framerate levels.

       

      Call of Duty Ghosts innovates its series at greater levels than say, another Madden or FIFA game. Call of Duty Ghosts is innovative and revolutionary from various standpoints, while being faithful to itself, and that is a healthy fact.  Even past and outside concepts can be reinvented and refined and still count as innovation, especially for the franchise itself.   So that counts as significant steps forward.

       

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnHNT1STv1A

       

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QZFDvozNJE

       

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuDuKTnBeB0

       

      The fact that the full list of Call of Duty Ghosts additions and improvements is so long to list,

      while upcoming reveals will deliver more what has yet to be shown and confirmed, already establishes the reality that Call of Duty Ghosts is a NEW Call of Duty that is similiar, different AND better than the previous ones, and THAT is ground breaking in itself.  

        • Re: Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1
          gotsomestars

          I'll wait to jump on the bandwagon until I play it. There are a few things that look good. But, the days of everyone buying it without checking it out are fading. They will still sell there gazillion dollars worth I'm sure. But they lost some fans the way bo2 was handled. ( it played fine for me personally).

            • Re: Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1
              maccabi

              gotsomestars wrote:

               

              I'll wait to jump on the bandwagon until I play it. There are a few things that look good. But, the days of everyone buying it without checking it out are fading. They will still sell there gazillion dollars worth I'm sure. But they lost some fans the way bo2 was handled. ( it played fine for me personally).

              For what it's worth i really disliked mw3 alot, when I first got to play ghosts mp I honestly wasn't expecting to be that impressed and half expected it to play like mw3 with a few new bits. Boy was I wrong, there's so much changed, improved, added this time round it really does feel like a "new" game. Obviously as the op mentioned with those basic fundamentals that make it a cod game.

                • Re: Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1
                  Run_N_Gunning_Camper

                  Is there a COD that feels close to Ghosts or is it a completely different feel? I'm sorry for this question, Mac. I'm not fortunate enough to go to a Ghosts expo nor there is one near where I live.

                    • Re: Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1
                      maccabi

                      Run_N_Gunning_Camper wrote:

                       

                      Is there a COD that feels close to Ghosts or is it a completely different feel? I'm sorry for this question, Mac. I'm not fortunate enough to go to a Ghosts expo nor there is one near where I live.

                      erm good question !... and a tricky one to answer

                       

                      ok i'll try to answer this as best i can ghosts "feels" like an iw game and by that I mean I always found 3arc games to be slightly slower in feel to iw games. Not that this is a bad thing but i prefer the slightly faster paced feel of iw games so in that respect Ghosts feels id say closer to say cod4/mw2 in gameplay pace.

                       

                      Actually now i've started writing this ive just thought of the best way to described it.. ghosts feels like the iw that should've come after mw2 , i wont go into the things i have issues with about mw3 but to me ghosts is like the game thats taken all the best that iw have done and refined it into something sublime then added a crap ton of new stuff that just works without being obvious and thrust in your face. There's so many little things they tweaked that just made playing that much more enjoyable.

                       

                      the only negative i can think of atm and again it may be different in the final build as we have only played on early builds is for me personaly the time it takes to throw the tac nades we had unlocked ( 9 bang) was too long.. i dont mean priming it but the actual animation and time from pressing throw to it throws

                       

                      *disclaimer i reserve the right to completely change my mind if they screw up hc

                        • Re: Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1
                          zvers

                          That's awesome that you got to test it out mac. Hopefully they asked for your input since I agree with most of your critique posts on here, at least the ones I have read. Coming from a person who hasn't tried it out, does it seem like a MW3/BO2 mash up? It's sounds like from your response that this is NOT the case which is very intriguing to me being a cod player since the first installment.

                           

                          This is good news if that's the case. Can't wait for release....

                  • Re: Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1

                           When "haters" say we're getting the same game every year, they're just generalizing. Sure, there are SOME new features, but for the most part, everything's the same. Also, multiplayer is MUCH more valuable than campaign mode because most people don't even play the campaign instantly and go straight to multi. I know all my friends do and couldn't care less for its campaign. 

                     

                           The latest CoD looks more than familiar: same kill streak systems, old perks, old equipment, old engine, old attachments, the list goes on forever. There isn't really so many new things that they can claim the title is as creative as CoD4 (didn't Treyarch say the same with BO2? Look at how that turned out.)  And if CoD is to be compared to sports games (which are basically the same games every year), I'd say CoD is SLIGHTLY more innovative, but still doesn't meet standards for innovation. A lot of the stuff they added this year could just be released as DLC for previous titles. It is that fact that keep "haters" criticizing.

                     

                           Unless they completely overhauled the game's various systems and even replaced some with superior ones that completely change gameplay, I'm going to wait a day or two before I go pick up my pre ordered version and watch Youtube videos and play it at a friends house. If it looks like crap, I will cancel my pre order for CoD 2K14.

                    • Re: Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1
                      iAmEFFeX

                      I am really exciting about this one too. It really felt like Black Ops 2 was an add-on for MW3, but Treyarch just couldn't "get it right". It like they tried to pack too much into the game and didn't really know which direction to go in.

                       

                      While Ghosts is using a lot of MW3 elements, it feels fresh. Sort of a new beginning. I personally cannot wait. Infinity Ward seems to bring the fun to COD games. I feel like Treyarch took Black Ops 2 too serious and it just came across dry.

                      • Re: Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1
                        OPStealthRecon

                        innovation is good and all but I fell like when they change things that shouldn't be changed I get angry. not all of you will agree with me but I believe the sat com system in cod ghosts is crap my other discussion will explain to you why. I haven't played cod ghost yet but it looks pretty good. besides you know the sat coms.

                        • Re: Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1
                          adw1983

                          Black Ops 2 changed a whole lot, so I'm not sure if Ghosts changes so much.

                           

                          The pick 10 system was a major change to the series.

                          • Re: Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1
                            Izjar11

                            Good post,

                             

                            Your right and lets hope that the new things make the difference in a game that is reaching a new maturity level. Now, the one thing that we all have to deal with in COD is the unsatisfied consumer. The dudes, whom care very little about what you mention here, but they state the game is "garbage" because of how other play the game, use equipment, hide or what not. Those dudes will stick around in this game and for some dumb reason those dudes are louder than the rest who enjoy the game!

                            • Re: Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1
                              rainmaker6

                              affinityXX wrote:

                               

                              The fact that the full list of Call of Duty Ghosts additions and improvements is so long to list,

                              while upcoming reveals will deliver more what has yet to be shown and confirmed, already establishes the reality that Call of Duty Ghosts is a NEW Call of Duty that is similiar, different AND better than the previous ones, and THAT is ground breaking in itself.  

                               

                               

                               

                               

                               

                              Changing something for the sake of change doesn't necessarily mean its better.
                              I see how the new IW have dealt with Assassin and UAVs in Ghost as a prime
                              example. They nerfed everything that a vocal group didn’t like getting killed
                              by. Case in point frags, claymores and grenade launchers. How did you like the
                              frags, claymores and grenade launchers in MW3? If you didn’t use them is MW2
                              you probably loved them in MW3. In some cases do they need to nerf stuff

                              to balance the game (like in the case of OMA or dual weapons), yes; but the fact
                              that they do this with everything as their prime balancing tool, resulting in
                              only one class of effective weapon and game style, ensures the game is only
                              interesting to players that like using that one class of weapon and game style.

                               

                               

                              So why do I mention Assassin and UAV in Ghost. First of all

                              ask yourself, why did people use Assassin in MW3; because there was so much UAV
                              spamming. So what does IW do in Ghost; they nerf Assassin and UAVs. They split
                              Assassin into 3 perks and make UAVs line of sight and ground based sat comms
                              that are easily destroyed. What should they have actually have done? Give
                              players other options that are as good and/or creative ways to limit their use
                              so they are not abused. Too much UAV spamming, make it a support package perk only. Hey look
                              finally a reason to use a support package. You have less UAV spamming you have
                              less Assassin and more people using support classes, win, win, win. I hope I am
                              wrong but with the new IW’s record of nerfing things like frags, claymores,
                              grenade launchers, scavenger, etc, making them virtually useless, I don’t have
                              high hopes for the stream of new weapons, perks and equipment in Ghost. If you
                              make all but a few of them useless, so that virtually nobody uses them, that’s
                              a fail. The reason MW2 was so successful was the many useful weapons, perks and
                              equipment you could select and the different game styles they let everyone
                              play.

                                • Re: Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1
                                  rlbl

                                  rainmaker6 wrote:

                                   

                                   

                                  So why do I mention Assassin and UAV in Ghost. First of all

                                  ask yourself, why did people use Assassin in MW3; because there was so much UAV
                                  spamming.

                                   

                                  Not entirely true.  People use stealth perks regardless of the usage of UAVs. Been that way as long as I can remember.

                                    • Re: Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1
                                      rainmaker6

                                      rlbl wrote:

                                       

                                      rainmaker6 wrote:

                                       

                                       

                                      So why do I mention Assassin and UAV in Ghost. First of all

                                      ask yourself, why did people use Assassin in MW3; because there was so much UAV
                                      spamming.

                                       

                                      Not entirely true.  People use stealth perks regardless of the usage of UAVs. Been that way as long as I can remember.

                                      It is there to be used. If it is so useless that nobody uses it there is no point in having it. So

                                      why did people (in some people's opinions) overuse Assassin in MW3; because there was so much UAV

                                      spamming.

                                        • Re: Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1
                                          rlbl

                                          I may be miss-interpreting your reply, but my point stretches way beyond (and before) MW3

                                            • Re: Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1
                                              rainmaker6

                                              rlbl wrote:

                                               

                                              I may be miss-interpreting your reply, but my point stretches way beyond (and before) MW3

                                              If your point is there should have never been an assassin (or the other versions) I don't agree.

                                               

                                              In MW2 I most often used Stopping Power, Scavenger and Ninja. I didn't use Cold Blooded but perks like Cold Blooded let players play different styles not just run and gun with sub machine guns like in MW3. That's what made MW2 interesting to play and more popular than MW3. Now with the new IW we have nerfed perks, nerfed weapons, nerfed kill streaks, nerfed lethal equipment. I liked the different useful perks, weapons, kill streaks and lethal equipment that supported the variety of game styles in MW2. Now in Ghost IW have removed many arial kill streaks, removed claymores, made frags and grenade launchers virtually useless, nerfed assassin, nerfed the UAVs, nerfed many of the long range weapons. MW3 was an example of that game development mentality and I don't see that as a good thing.

                                                • Re: Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1
                                                  rlbl

                                                  I think you missed my point, or replied to the wrong person. I never said, nor did I mean, that assassin should never have existed.

                                                   

                                                  I said: "People have been using stealth perks regardless of UAV spam", which was in reply to you saying the main reason why the perk was used so much was because of the UAV spam in MW3.

                                                   

                                                  Was my point not clear, because I still have no idea where your comment came from...

                                                   

                                                  I (personally) used assassin to counter marksman; nothing to do with UAVs

                                        • Re: Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1

                                          Looks like a good game this year. Seems to me they actually tried this time around and it shows. Nice Post Btw

                                          • Re: Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1

                                            It has some new things but some of the so called new things are not really new in the world of gaming. The lean feature is by no means new. the slide feature was done in other games. Bot aka squads are not really new either, lots of games have had similar features.

                                            • Re: Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1
                                              Megadog14

                                              The new fish AI makes a huge difference.

                                              • Re: Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1
                                                codchamp

                                                OP this is going to be my 10th COD that i have played?? and it will be my 7th Multiplayer title for COD. I have been through every title update, every OP weapon discussion, Every Bug, Every glitch, every hack. In other words i have seen it all!

                                                 

                                                So with that said. I dont care if it is all new and COD totally re invented. This franchise is nothing anymore unless they can have the connection working properly for everyone. After playing Black ops 2 this past year it is clear that is the #1 issue with this franchise.