1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 62 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2014 12:32 PM by Gerbera Go to original post RSS
      • 50. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
        scotland-rules

StopTheMadness wrote:

[quote]

In all honesty I don't like weapon DLC even though I buy all the packs.

To me it support "Pay to Win".

Now before someone bites my head off, even if it is not giving a massive advantage its still a weapon others can't use and it does feel like an unfair advantage, sure I can kill them with blah weapon but they have blah weapon which I don't have it. It isn't fair and does grant an advantage.

I mean in HC most people love the PK as its basically an Assault Rife but with SMG stats. I remember playing without the DLC for a week while sorting out errors with my bank and it was horrible not having a weapon everyone else has access too.

In my opinion gun DLC in a game like CoD isn't necessary and I really wouldn't like it to make an appearance.

{/quote]

Sigh, another idiot who thinks everything should be handed to them free, How about you stop being a little ***** and realize that Activision isn't a charity.

Okay you know nothing about me so don't even start this **** by calling people names.

For your information I bought the hardened edition which includes the season pass and I don't see activision adding gun DLC separate to the season pass so yes I'll probably have any weapons that come out.

HOWEVER

I can see it from the peoples perspective who can't afford the DLC seeing this as a disadvantage and is. Even if the weapon is perfectly balanced which is hard to do unless you make the gun pointless or really hit in bad in an area such as damage or recoil then it does become an advantage. Everyone should have access to any weapons in CoD.

Also let's say the don't include it with Map Packs and instead opt to have it in something else. Do you think its going to be £2? It'll be at least £3-5 if not more. Its activision we are talking about. Making those Camos probably costed next to nothing but they still charged £1.99 for them here in the UK.

Think about it? I think the released 15 or something close to that number? That's easily another £20 and for a lot of people that's a lot of money. Now think gun dlc...would cost more and chances are they'd screw up or make the gun pointless and weak compared to the others.

The only reason that PK was balanced is because they took it out of the game before launch and they knew it fit with the other weapons.

Lastly Acitvison and other companies associated with CoD have broke profit records for each new title sold every single year. They aren't a charity but they've become greedy.

Remember the saying. Give a little to get a little. Activision give some free stuff, the get a more happy and responsive community who's more likely to buy future DLC.

• 51. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?

How is having something someone else doesn't have an unfair advantage? So what you are saying is if they put a weapon in the game that was a 7 hit kill had to much recoil and had a 3 second weapon reload time and I bought it and you were using a accurate 2 hit kill gun that I would have the advantage? It's not a problem if they put weapon DLC in a map pack cause the people who didn't buy the map pack wouldn't be playing with the people who bought it so it doesn't have to be free. I can agree that if they put the gun as a micro transaction then yes it should be free if the gun was already in a previous CoD then yes it should be free as well if they do it right by either making it free or putting it in the map packs then I see no problem with weapon DLC because the fact it makes more options and it keeps things interesting.

• 52. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?

What has been said is that they would not add such a weapon as dlc for none would buy it. Any dlc weapon would either be on par or better than in game weapons and any weapon that was better would be unbalanced and not fair.

More is not always better, sometimes less is more.

• 53. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?

I know they wouldn't make a useless gun all I am saying is if they implement it right it won't be overpowered or something that people complain about. As in less is better I am going to have to disagree they have been doing less guns since MW3 and ever since then people have been sticking to only 5 or 6 guns because how overpowered they were so if they add more guns to the game it give people a chance to actually kill op gun spammers.

• 54. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?

Have to disagree. Even if the game had 100 guns in each class players would still gravitate to only 5 of them the most. You would still see the majority of games with the top 5 most popular weapons used the most in them. Which would be what ever gun allowed that player to be comfortable with, normally tending out to be the so called OP guns.

• 55. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?

If those guns weren't too strong then quickscoping isn't overpowered lol jk I mean I don't think it's overpowered but I won't resort to a comment like that since I respect you but on a serious note we haven't seen them go crazy on guns yet so it would be change from a very limited amount guns they put in the game if they end up making more guns and it ends badly well then you can tell me you told me so. Until then only time will tell. On a side note I don't care if they nerf "overpowered" guns or not I just want them to balance the guns out cause it's getting old having to switch to what everyone else is using cause have no chance against them with a different gun.

• 56. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
                    scotland-rules

@Adam1234567893

Instead of making multiple replies I'll make one overall post talking about what you've said.

First of all gun DLC couldn't be a 6 shot up close, heavy recoil weapon because nobody would ever use it or want to buy it. It would either be on par with others (which is difficult to do) or be better which would make more people want to use it and in a sense grant a tactical advantage.

You can already see this in BO2 HC modes, PK is one of the most use SMGs because of its flat to low recoil.

Also they did do less guns in BO2. However who says Ghosts will have less? Usually if they have between 45-55 weapons that's on par with previous CoDs. BO series has always had less weapons compared to the MW series and I can see Ghosts keeping with the trends of the MW series.

Like a commenter above said even if they had 100 guns people would gravitate to certain guns like they did in previous CoD titles. For example MW3 had the MP7 as the SMG of choice.

Gun DLC wouldn't change this.

• 57. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?

Regardless if people go straight to the strong guns it still creates options. Also the PK isn't used in hardcore because of that reason cause if that was the case everyone would switch to the Vector since it has even less recoil I mean the M27 and the burst weapons have no recoil at all which is less then the PK. The only reason I can think of people using it is because it resembles the ACR feel that's it. Cause when I play Hardcore I stick to the M27 to hit people across the map not the PK.

• 58. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
                        scotland-rules

Adam1234567893 wrote:

Regardless if people go straight to the strong guns it still creates options. Also the PK isn't used in hardcore because of that reason cause if that was the case everyone would switch to the Vector since it has even less recoil I mean the M27 and the burst weapons have no recoil at all which is less then the PK. The only reason I can think of people using it is because it resembles the ACR feel that's it. Cause when I play Hardcore I stick to the M27 to hit people across the map not the PK.

I have no idea why you want to continue HC discussion because I only used that as a quick reference. You ignored my other points.

However since you mention it. The Vector, even on HC struggles at range unless burst fired whereas the PK is an SMG/Assault Hybrid and can pull off shots from range with ease on HC.

The M27 doesn't have the traits of an SMG and most maps you don't need range too often and that's why the M27 isn't used as much.

The point being regardless of HC as tbh only used that as a nod to what I was saying. Is that unless they can balance the weapon perfectly which is hard to do and the minute that a gun comes out in DLC and is better than most options that you get with the game people will cry out and complain and it will grant those who pay money a tactical advantage.

Lastly you said "people will go to the strong guns"

At least when people do that everyone has access to them and its said players choice to use them or not.

• 59. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
                          Cavizle

I don't care if there is or isn't weapon DLC..
                          But if there is no G36C or M16 I will be upset for the rest of my life..
                          So if the game does not include these 2 weapons, please do include them in a weapon DLC

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next