30 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2013 5:06 PM by Yppecaye_the_Dogged RSS

Play the objective

Some one please explain to me why people play domination and don't bother with the objective I am tired of having to carry my team   PEOPLE PLAY THE OBJECTIVE!!!!!!! Does anyone else have this problem

• Re: Play the objective

Because people are going to play how THEY want and not how YOU want them too since they bought the game for themselves and not you.

So then go to team death match and not an objective game mode I keep getting stuck in these lobbies and now my win loss ratio is a .43 was a .87

Sorry but you do not get to tell me what game mode to play when you dont pay for my internet or my electric nor did you buy my game or console. You have no say about how I play at all. The only person you do get to control is yourself.

You do realize your stats mean nothing outside of the game itself. Once the game is off they mean nothing to anyone else but you really.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

PanicRat99300 wrote:

So then go to team death match and not an objective game mode I keep getting stuck in these lobbies and now my win loss ratio is a .43 was a .87

Althought that's a pretty dramatic decrease (LOL), try not to worry that much about numbers.

Team up with some people, only way to out do the killwhores.

I stick to TDM partly because it's just annoying to me to have to go and capture an objective.  I play CoD to kill somebody. 

iivrruummii

Killwhores are very nice in OBJ gamemodes.  They get people off the objective and kill people in certain areas.  If they are good enough maybe they can put up a VSAT or Swarm.  If you lose then that isn't their fault.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

iivrruummii wrote:

Killwhores are very nice in OBJ gamemodes.  They get people off the objective and kill people in certain areas.  If they are good enough maybe they can put up a VSAT or Swarm.  If you lose then that isn't their fault.

Nice to know I guess.  Like I said, I don't play OBJs so it's all moot to me. 

Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

PanicRat99300 wrote:

Ewww... that's some ugly W/L ratio. You could be mistaken for a serial dashboarder with that kind of crap.

j/k

Save yourself the stress and go play TDM. On TDM, if your team sucks, you still have a decent chance to carry them to victory.

SitRepPro

Stats are mostly inaccurate as there are a lot of factors that influence them, e.g. the unlock system, not knowing the precise benefits of perks and attachments, party vs randoms etc.  It's a shame you get non-objective players in objective game modes.  They either don't know how to play the particular game mode or they are fishing for additional score for their streaks.

starbuckfrack

Players can play any way they want to because they bought the game, sadly.

But if you are tired of losing try making that thing that helps you make freinds. its called a taem or something

Ya I could make a team but how long will thattake and what if they are not all online than what? Pubs is ment to fix that.

I am afraid all sense of fairplay and sportsmanship went out a few CODs ago. I play Dom and hardly ever see anyone play objective from both sides. The trend is now spawn trapping

Thank you some one else who is a objective player I just got off a demo game and I was the only one who defused and planted bombs got 12 plants and 2 defused the ememy team hardly ever planted they just wanted to spawn trap

SitRepPro

That's how it's usually played I'm guessing.  If I had it my way, you'd only ever score when all three flags are captured.  I found Domination on the Beta for BF4 quite better for not spawn trapping but you still get people not knowing how to play this game mode, despite being very easy to understand.  At least 3arc tried to force objective play with the scorestreak system even if it's not perfect though.  I'll be teaming up in Ghosts as it's pointstreak orientated and I'll have no care for player dropouts during matches as a result.

ive found alot of people who play objective games just for kills are crap at tdm or ffa they choose objective games to get the jump on players trying to cap flags or plant bombs

iHattoriHanzo0

Of corse. Most objective players deal with those type of players everyday. I'm sure everyone that responded to this thread also plays the objective, but are just stating the facts.

The only control you have as a random or solo player is what you choose to do. You can't tell or expect other teammates to do what you want, even if it is the main objective of the game. Everyone has their own agenda, whether it be challenges, camo's, k/d, or earning killstreaks.

The only fix to your dilemma is to run with a team.

deamonomic

if your talking about teammates that dont know what they are doing, this is sadly a common place thing in the gaming world. Having to carry teammates is a risk in most games when playing alone. For example in Dota 2 I often have to sit there and basically scream at my team to get them to do something other then farm for this hour long match.

Schoat333

IMO as long as they are getting kills, and not trying to flip the spawns before I cap B, I'm fine with people leaving me to cap. I usually have between 6-8 caps a game. I know I'm not the slayer, so I go in with the mindset that I'm going to be the one getting on the flags. I'm glad when someone on my team recognizes this, and patrols the flanking routes for kills.

phxs72

It's annoying but there's really only two ways to deal with it.  One play in a party.  Or two, you can run back and forth capping the enemy home flag and flipping the spawn on them.  Be sure to stick with flank routes while doing this and effectively ignore the B flag.  Basically, you are working for an A and C cap.  This will force the killwhores to be more effective by constantly feeding the enemy team to them.  Of course, if they aren't good killwhores then they will get shot in the back a lot and quit.  Either way you improve your odds of turning your team into winners.

yukmout

See what I mean about trial ? Guy seems to think that he can do whatever he wants with no penalty because he spent his money he can do what he wants. Entitlement does not work in video games and it does not work in real life pal. They need to put these things (restrictions) into game modes . If you dont cap a point in a full game you dont get to play that game mode for an hour ? Would that make your butt hurt even more ?

Actually it does work in video games when the devs allow it. I don't have to play how you want just because you think, feel, or say so. They wont ever add those kinds of restrictions to the game because of all the negative pr it would cause from casual players. So keep dreaming.

nicedrewishfela

Part of the reason I don't enjoy Objective Modes.

First off, I find them repetitive and predictable. The flags are always in the same place... the bomb is always in the same place... It really comes down often to players knowing spawn and choke points. I enjoy playing them from time to time, but seeing greedy players K/d whoring and other shenanigans can really ruin the fun for me.

I play mostly TDM because every match is unpredictable. Some lobbies will be a slower pace, camp it out type of deal, while others will be balls to the wall fast paced. I like not knowing exactly what I am in for, and trying to overcome it and figure out what strategy is going to take me and my team to victory. Plus, a few bad apples on a team won't always guarantee a loss. You can over come some teammates in TDM, where in objective Modes you might be out of luck.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

nicedrewishfela wrote:

I play mostly TDM because every match is unpredictable. Some lobbies will be a slower pace, camp it out type of deal, while others will be balls to the wall fast paced. I like not knowing exactly what I am in for, and trying to overcome it and figure out what strategy is going to take me and my team to victory. Plus, a few bad apples on a team won't always guarantee a loss. You can over come some teammates in TDM, where in objective Modes you might be out of luck.

Nice articulation of TDM's various game paces. 

McZOMBI

People have always played Dom this way. It's barely an objective game type anyway in my opinion. It's more like TDM with controllable spawns. It's really just an excuse to trap a team for high killstreaks, every game seems to be one-sided and for some reason I don't think I've ever had a close game of Dom on BO2. I went over to League Play because for all the tryhard nonsense you get in there at least most people want to play fair and win and it's much harder to just sit back and let your team carry you.

Yep and it is never going to change it is about cap two and hold.. not go for three and have random spawns. And some will always stay back to defend the primary one and not headless rush to B just because some of their other teammates want them too.