I haven't been on this forum in a good while.. I periodically check to see if any new info has come up, but that's about it. So since the game is over, I can give my opinion on the game, which is that this is definitely tied with MW2 for best CoD.
So I bet you're thinking, you're an idiot and this is the worst game made period. Well, hear me out first. These are the reasons why I enjoyed this game:
1. The futuristic super-soldier theme. I was growing bored of the whole modern-day, America vs. Russia aspect. It's been done in countless CoD and BF games. This was definitely a breath of fresh air for me.
2. Campaign. This campaign really did it for me. Sure the MW games have nonstop action, but that's about it. BO2 had really good story telling, which to me is more important than running and blowing sh1t up.
3. I enjoyed zombies overall. I have some MAJOR disappointments I want to share, but I'll get to that later. But overall, I give zombs a 9/10. I played zombies way more than I did in BO1. I hope this returns in BO3.
4. Multiplayer... This is where I know I'll get flamed. But overall, I loved it. I went Master Prestige twice, and I have maybe 40-50 days played. Although I don't agree with some of the things 3arc did, like nerfing all smg's to hell, and allowing quickscoping to return, I managed to adapt to it and change up my game. I never really used the smg's in past CoDs, but I really learned how to use them in this game. AR's were amazing, like always. So I'd say gun balance was fairly good. Scorestreaks were amazing. BUT, I'm mostly a TDM player. And 3arc really dropped the ball by not keeping Arm's Race. This is kind of a bittersweet moment, because I was forced to play game modes I don't really enjoy, but after a period of time I did find I was enjoying myself. Also, League Play was amazing. As I type this, I'm about to hop into a game. Could it have been implemented a little better? Sure. But the support 3arc had for competitive play was amazing. And although I know it's not coming back in Ghosts, I hope IW supports it even more.
Here are my reasons why I at times wanted to break the disc in half, and why I believe this game didn't live up to people's expectations:
1. The support for ps3 was.. Well there was little to no support. I'm actually surprised we received patches. I know about the contract between Microsoft and 3arc, so I'm okay with the fact that they get the maps early. But to almost completely ignore us? Goddam. Since Origins released, I haven't been able to play MotD. I had seen some posts about it freezing, but I had thought that maybe they were just experiencing a rare glitch and that it wouldn't happen to me. I tried last night, and it just stopped after 1 second of the intro cutscene. I'm not sure if the posts on this forum were for xbox or ps3, but for the sake of this post I'll assume they were for ps3. Here's my guess: 3arc has been known to leave xbox coding in other versions of the game. So I think that 3arc has some xbox code in the 4th DLC programming that is preventing MotD from running. I have lots of experience in programming, and I know that if you have something that is incompatible, the program, or in this case the game, will crash. So this ties into my lack of support point. This is just disgusting, and I really hope it doesn't happen in Ghosts.
2. Zombies. The ending was terrible. Just TERRIBLE. To the people hoping to god that there is something more to the ending, there isn't. It was simply a child's game, and nothing more. After 3 games and a lot of amazing ideas, there was no explanation. No epic ending.. Just complete crap. This was my one gripe against the game. I spent endless hours completing the EE, including the joke that was Tranzit. I nearly lost it. SO, I'm hoping someone can find some sort of alternate egg for Tranzit, because we were told it had an end game of sorts. But all I can say is, I enjoyed your game 3arc. But God you guys are horrible.
3. Multiplayer. I think a lot of people would agree that in terms of lag and coding, this game was the worst. I can't get a kill after getting 6 hitmarkers on one player? That's not me being horrible at the game. It's called the game has horrible coding. But I'm hoping that this will be fixed with Ghosts. Lastly, my last point I want to bring up is the community and Youtube. These are the reasons why I ended up disliking myself at the end of the day. I've played with countless people, of which the majority of them are just trash. I don't mean trash as in horrible at the game. I mean trash as in horrible people. As in you should probably GTFO. I've met people that say racist things just to be hurtful towards other players. I also throw trolls into this category. Trolling is okay, as long as you know how to do it right. But the thing is, people who play this game don't know how to play a joke on people without getting really nasty. Youtube has greatly ruined this game. I understand you want to be the next MNBurns or Optic Nadeshot. To me, this is why trolling has gotten out of hand, and why only certain guns are used or why lightweight toughness and dexterity are the only perks used. Use your own brains kids. Stop watching Youtube. Play the game on your own. Figure it out like millions of other players, including myself, had to.
But now that that's said and done, I'd like to thank everybody that made this game so amazing. Here's to my friends (IRL) that I've played countless games with. Here's to the people I met online and that I play with every single day. And here's to you guys on the forums who aren't complete as5holes. This is my last topic for BO2, and although I will reply to posts on this topic and others, I won't be posting until Ghosts comes out. I hope to see some of you guys there