15 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2013 9:42 AM by Izjar11 RSS

I haven't been here in a while

I haven't been on this forum in a good while.. I periodically check to see if any new info has come up, but that's about it. So since the game is over, I can give my opinion on the game, which is that this is definitely tied with MW2 for best CoD.

So I bet you're thinking, you're an idiot and this is the worst game made period. Well, hear me out first. These are the reasons why I enjoyed this game:

1. The futuristic super-soldier theme. I was growing bored of the whole modern-day, America vs. Russia aspect. It's been done in countless CoD and BF games. This was definitely a breath of fresh air for me.

2. Campaign. This campaign really did it for me. Sure the MW games have nonstop action, but that's about it. BO2 had really good story telling, which to me is more important than running and blowing sh1t up.

3. I enjoyed zombies overall. I have some MAJOR disappointments I want to share, but I'll get to that later. But overall, I give zombs a 9/10. I played zombies way more than I did in BO1. I hope this returns in BO3.

4. Multiplayer... This is where I know I'll get flamed. But overall, I loved it. I went Master Prestige twice, and I have maybe 40-50 days played. Although I don't agree with some of the things 3arc did, like nerfing all smg's to hell, and allowing quickscoping to return, I managed to adapt to it and change up my game. I never really used the smg's in past CoDs, but I really learned how to use them in this game. AR's were amazing, like always. So I'd say gun balance was fairly good. Scorestreaks were amazing. BUT, I'm mostly a TDM player. And 3arc really dropped the ball by not keeping Arm's Race. This is kind of a bittersweet moment, because I was forced to play game modes I don't really enjoy, but after a period of time I did find I was enjoying myself. Also, League Play was amazing. As I type this, I'm about to hop into a game. Could it have been implemented a little better? Sure. But the support 3arc had for competitive play was amazing. And although I know it's not coming back in Ghosts, I hope IW supports it even more.

Here are my reasons why I at times wanted to break the disc in half, and why I believe this game didn't live up to people's expectations:

1. The support for ps3 was.. Well there was little to no support. I'm actually surprised we received patches. I know about the contract between Microsoft and 3arc, so I'm okay with the fact that they get the maps early. But to almost completely ignore us? Goddam. Since Origins released, I haven't been able to play MotD. I had seen some posts about it freezing, but I had thought that maybe they were just experiencing a rare glitch and that it wouldn't happen to me. I tried last night, and it just stopped after 1 second of the intro cutscene. I'm not sure if the posts on this forum were for xbox or ps3, but for the sake of this post I'll assume they were for ps3. Here's my guess: 3arc has been known to leave xbox coding in other versions of the game. So I think that 3arc has some xbox code in the 4th DLC programming that is preventing MotD from running. I have lots of experience in programming, and I know that if you have something that is incompatible, the program, or in this case the game, will crash. So this ties into my lack of support point. This is just disgusting, and I really hope it doesn't happen in Ghosts.

2. Zombies. The ending was terrible. Just TERRIBLE. To the people hoping to god that there is something more to the ending, there isn't. It was simply a child's game, and nothing more. After 3 games and a lot of amazing ideas, there was no explanation. No epic ending.. Just complete crap. This was my one gripe against the game. I spent endless hours completing the EE, including the joke that was Tranzit. I nearly lost it. SO, I'm hoping someone can find some sort of alternate egg for Tranzit, because we were told it had an end game of sorts. But all I can say is, I enjoyed your game 3arc. But God you guys are horrible.

3. Multiplayer. I think a lot of people would agree that in terms of lag and coding, this game was the worst. I can't get a kill after getting 6 hitmarkers on one player? That's not me being horrible at the game. It's called the game has horrible coding. But I'm hoping that this will be fixed with Ghosts. Lastly, my last point I want to bring up is the community and Youtube. These are the reasons why I ended up disliking myself at the end of the day. I've played with countless people, of which the majority of them are just trash. I don't mean trash as in horrible at the game. I mean trash as in horrible people. As in you should probably GTFO. I've met people that say racist things just to be hurtful towards other players. I also throw trolls into this category. Trolling is okay, as long as you know how to do it right. But the thing is, people who play this game don't know how to play a joke on people without getting really nasty. Youtube has greatly ruined this game. I understand you want to be the next MNBurns or Optic Nadeshot. To me, this is why trolling has gotten out of hand, and why only certain guns are used or why lightweight toughness and dexterity are the only perks used. Use your own brains kids. Stop watching Youtube. Play the game on your own. Figure it out like millions of other players, including myself, had to.

But now that that's said and done, I'd like to thank everybody that made this game so amazing. Here's to my friends (IRL) that I've played countless games with. Here's to the people I met online and that I play with every single day. And here's to you guys on the forums who aren't complete as5holes. This is my last topic for BO2, and although I will reply to posts on this topic and others, I won't be posting until Ghosts comes out. I hope to see some of you guys there

• Re: I haven't been here in a while
          Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Blee103093 wrote:

BUT, I'm mostly a TDM player. And 3arc really dropped the ball by not keeping Arm's Race.

This itself deserves 5 stars. 

rlbl

You know.. that was actually a very good read.

* I cannot agree with you though about BO2 being the worst for lag. MW3 will likely always hold that title for me.

Thanks man. But I agree with you. I actually completely forgot MW3 even existed because it was so bad. I played it until February and never touched it again because I couldn't handle the lag and horrible hit boxes. Seriously, that game wasn't even on my mind, that's how horrible it was. So yes, MW3 is the worst in terms of lag and coding.

Raketti

BO2 has been running pretty bad for me lately, i'm getting a significant lag handicap in every lobby i get into despite the fact i'm on a solid 4 bar and at least today when i monitored my internet i was still connected to the Choopa dedis. The decreasing player numbers and / or something they've adjusted this time around has turned things for the worse for me, and it would be easy to say based on my most recent experience that this game holds the title for the most lag infested CoD to date.

However, that title still overall goes to MW3, it ran like crap 99,9% of the time during it's year. I seriously wonder why on earth i didn't completely stop playing that game because it was pretty bad. BO2 has been a hit and miss all year long, sometimes it's been slightly laggy but playable, sometimes just awful, and on some rare occasions it runs great.

They did release a matchmaking patch for MW3 after BO2 came out, and it's a bit better now than it was before, in addition to the illusion of a better connection that the current player population creates (most people i meet whenever i go back to that game are pretty bad). The lag issue is clearly still there when you pay attention, but the matchmaking is now more local for me than it is with BO2, and that's with a smaller pool of players to choose from.

Finally, sense.

I agree that the ending cutscene was horrible, but disagree with your statement that BO2 zombies was better than BO1. The BO2 maps are so easy the LBs are more time based rather than skill based. I got this game mostly for zombies, and the sad thing is I have no desire to play it anymore.

I also disagree with your statement that this COD has the worst lag. I haven't found the lag to be any worse than in any other game, but its possible somethings up on your end.

As for your statement about the wannabe YTers, I think the reason theyre always screaming profanity is because they don't want to accept the fact that theyre not MLG gamer pros nor 1337 master tr0llz, and they get mad when they have to face that.

Thank you for the good post, I half expected it to be like the usual posts on this forum. But I'll have to disagree, because I like the fact that the maps are so easy. First, let me say that I enjoyed BO1 zombs more than the multiplayer. I played it nonstop, doing the EE and getting high rounds. So I know what zombies used to and should be. But I really enjoyed BO2 more than BO1. I liked the new characters, the maps, and where the story was going. I loved the addition of the bank, because it allowed me to jump into a game, grab however many points I needed for perks and guns, and just play. I liked the perma perks, although I had no idea what half of them even did (flopper was my favorite). After the third DLC, I thought, "HOLY SH1T. The next map is going to be insane. The old characters are coming back, and I can't wait to see how it ties into the story." But then they give the crap that was Origins. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it. But story wise, you can tell that the campaign team had no collaboration with the zombies team, and they just threw a bunch of crap into the story that made sense but at the same time had nothing to do with the zombies story. The ending was garbage, and I nearly cried because I felt like I wasted years completing EE and playing zombs. But besides the ending, if you only count the maps and gameplay, I give BO2 a 9.5/10.

Blee103093 wrote:

After the third DLC, I thought, "HOLY SH1T. The next map is going to be insane. The old characters are coming back, and I can't wait to see how it ties into the story." But then they give the crap that was Origins. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it. But story wise, you can tell that the campaign team had no collaboration with the zombies team, and they just threw a bunch of crap into the story that made sense but at the same time had nothing to do with the zombies story. The ending was garbage, and I nearly cried because I felt like I wasted years completing EE and playing zombs.

This.

The sad thing is they barely resemble the old characters, they have different personalities and looks. Even worse is that we don't even know 100% that it WAS just a game.

TBH I think permaperks and the bank have just hurt the game, bank lets you get everything you could possibly desire on round 1, and the majority of permaperks require you to be a total noob (going down, shooting all pistol ammo without hitting anything, etc).

The story with the new crew seemed promising in the beginning, but we never got any backstory, just a little info on Russmans old job, too bad we don't know what his job was...

Blee103093 wrote:

But story wise, you can tell that the campaign team had no collaboration with the zombies team, and they just threw a bunch of crap into the story that made sense but at the same time had nothing to do with the zombies story.

This is a very good statement. MOTD has literally nothing to do with the main story, and while its a good map and it has its own good story, theres just nothing whatsoever to relate it to anything else.

Origins, like I said above, the characters might as well be new, and it just seems like a giant retcon, going against everything that's been previously established. Definitely seems like the makers didn't really know the storyline in-depth.

I know what you're saying, I completely understand. Personally, I don't think the bank or perma perks hurt the game. If you didn't want to use the bank, you didn't have to. And considering the only perma perks that did anything were flopper and quick revive, I don't think they deviated from the game. I liked the idea of being able to jump into a game and not stress over getting points or perks or anything like that. I could just kill a couple zombs, go to the bank, and get what I needed. I respect what you're saying though.

I also think that at one point the zombies team were considering expanding the new characters' story, but with the kid's cursing out 3arc for not bringing the O4 back, I think they just said "you know what, screw it. we'll bring back the O4 and that'll be it." So they got the campaign team to make it because MoTD was a huge success. And they just threw a bunch of crap into the game. Like you said, they most likely didn't know the story in depth. They knew the basics, probably got a few notes from the zombs team, and made the map. But like I said earlier, I LOVE Origins. I just hate how poor the ending is, and how it just doesn't seem right.

Oh and for the record, at the time of it's release, I thought MotD was just like CotD; celebrity characters with a story that semi-related to the story. I played CotD a little at it's release, but not a lot because my zombie skills were horrible back then. But now I understand the story and can definitely hold my own going for high rounds. So now I know that MotD was nothing special when it came to the story.

In my opinion I truly believe 3arc should have stayed on the WW1/WW2/Cold War things they were doing nothing was wrong with them.  Again my favorite COD of all was either COD 3 or W@W just due to the snipers being point on with the slow bolt and the fact of QSing was almost unheard of unlike today.  You only saw the "elite" snipers QSing in it, which everyone can get a sniper out now and QS.  I just plain and simple liked the old 3 streak system that was used for so long, UAV, Airstrike, Dogs/Choppers.  I honestly am hoping that Ghosts goes back to the basics of COD like it should be they are trying to do to much with Theater mode and streaming crap.  It slows the game downs in my beliefs because some of the major problems didn't come about until they started adding that stuff.  But in sense the game could have been the best if not for 3arc being moronic with some nerfs and buffs and also with there bad support of the game.  Maps could have been designed a bit better like the older maps they had a good flow to them.  New maps are just 3 way corridors meant for non-stop spamming of shotguns and apparently QSing morons.  

Good post, I see what you're saying. WaW and BO are two of my favs, 3arc games are always better in my opinion. But I gotta be honest, 2025 was the perfect setting for this game. It allowed them to keep the realism of modern day, but at the same time come up with some crazy stuff because it was a little bit further into the future. But if you didn't know, Ghosts isn't getting any more basic. I personally think that what they're doing now will save the series. AND, they're not bringing back theater. BO1 was when they introduced it, and that's also when I started to notice the hit detection and lag were bad. With the new consoles being able to stream and record video on their own, there's no need for the game to be recording everything.

The only thing the way the new COD's are gonna do is bring in more kids that shouldn't be on it, but that is my opinion.  They didn't play COD 4 or W@W, rarely did you hear a squeeker on the mic back then.  They were all playing other games that were intended for them such as Barney's Cuddle Time not COD or BF.  I know a lot of people that would be happy to go back to the basics of COD without all the extra.  And honestly there is no saving this series at some point in the next few years people will be bored with the same thing over and over again.  The main reason I enjoy BF over COD is because of the diversity of the maps on the games.  COD is just some simple refresh and updates on a lot of maps now and it has almost as many remade maps as it does new maps.  If I wanted to keep playing the same maps over and over I would go play the olders versions.  But BF series will die just like the COD series will in the next few years unless something drastic happens to make the great again. 

Agreed with most of what you said.  Well done.

Izjar11

As long as you had fun, thats what really matters.