16 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2013 9:54 AM by momurdapillz RSS

Try To Make Ghosts Rated "T"!!!

I honestly think that Infinity Ward should try to make Ghosts as close to a "t" rating as possible. I just don't understand the need for all the gore and graphic content. I seriously think that COD would be better off without a lot of graphic content. I love COD, but campaign is way too violent for my taste, so I wish that it was toned down a little. I want to hear what the community thinks about this.

• Test #1
          Re: Try To Make Ghosts Rated "T"!!!

What is T rating?

Last Edited: Jun 6, 2013 11:26 AM
          • Test #1

Ha.  No, for obvious reasons.  Most shooters these days are M rated because of Violence and Gore, not to mention Language on top of that.  Heck racing games get rated T for Language and Suggestive Themes.  Battlefield Bad Company was rated T for some reason, I think because it didn't have Gore.

Last Edited: Jun 6, 2013 11:53 AM
            • Test #1

Area51guy wrote:

I honestly think that Infinity Ward should try to make Ghosts as close to a "t" rating as possible. I just don't understand the need for all the gore and graphic content. I seriously think that COD would be better off without a lot of graphic content. I love COD, but campaign is way too violent for my taste, so I wish that it was toned down a little. I want to hear what the community thinks about this.

The game has the option to turn off the graphic content. (at least the other CODs do. Guessing Ghosts will also have that option)

Last Edited: Jun 6, 2013 1:20 PM
              • Test #1

It's not the gore and graphic content. I think Call of Duty does a good job at that. It's the fact that you're killing people several thousand times. It would be one thing if it was animated but since the people you're shooting and killing resemble humans so accurately that's where the "M" rating comes in

Last Edited: Jun 6, 2013 1:52 PM
                • Test #1

its good the way it is.

Last Edited: Jun 7, 2013 11:54 AM
                  • Test #1

Well i agree and dont agree. I think the blood and gore is needed to make the game much more fun for people who like that. But i think if they literally calmed down with the language the game could be T because that is the major thing. I also want to ask if Ghost has the choice to turn off the language like in Black ops 2. Unfortunately when they take off language they take off violent cutscenes. But if my parents only let me play it with no cursing eh i dont care then.

Last Edited: Oct 25, 2013 4:27 AM
                    • Test #1

the gore and grahhic content make it better. Otherwise I should play commander keen again.

Last Edited: Oct 25, 2013 10:59 AM
                      • Test #1

You know what got me hooked on COD, I used to hate COD and most shooters except SOCOM, until I heard COD (MW2) had a graphic warning and was banned in Russia. So I decided to play it, and came to the airport level in the campaign where you kill a bunch of innocent civilians. So I was hooked but since then the MP has been the same and the campaign violence has been toned down a lot. I'm probably not going to buy Ghosts for this reason (unless the extinction mode rumors are true)

Last Edited: Oct 25, 2013 10:49 PM
                        • Test #1

I'd like stores and parents enforce and adhere to the game ratings system and not allow their 8-15 year kids play it. Would cut down on the screeching and yelling by prepubescent teens who have no idea how to act socially.

ps- bring on the haters.

Last Edited: Nov 1, 2013 9:19 AM
                          • Test #1

I'm sorry but I think you're playing the wrong genre of game, because the last time I checked COD is a military shooter that showcases a war. What happens during a war? A lot of violences, gore, and strong language. Now sure COD is an arcade military shooter but they still want the game to feel as immersive as possible, which happens to incorporate violence, gore, and strong language. If you're underage you shouldn't be playing the game anyways (I'm aware that if the parent says its ok you could but I still feel they shouldn't). And if you're a parent that wants to play but don't want your kids to see/hear what you're playing id recommend that you get a headset and/or play while your kids are sleeping.

Last Edited: Nov 1, 2013 9:54 AM