1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 79 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2013 10:02 AM by Yppecaye_the_Dogged Go to original post RSS
      • 50. Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?

id have a KD in the background but not show up at every match. for each gamemode id have it ranked on relevent stats.

TDM: KDspread, this is simply how much more kills you have then deaths. that is what determinds how much you help the team. so a 26K 13D player(KD 2.0) with a 10K 2D player on the other team(assuming the rest of the team is 1KD somehow) the first playaer hasa a KD of 13, the second of 8. the KD of 13 would give a 5 point lead, and thus win the game, so the high spread player helped the game ALOT more. making the 26/13 player the better player.

FFA: avridge place. players will be ranked based on what place they get. lower is better. 1 is best, 8 is worst. say a player get 2nd, 6th, andn 4th. his score would be 4, because that would be his avridge place. good players will likly be around 1.1-2.5 while most players will be around 3.8-6.0. and it tells relevent skill in FFA, next best would be SPM for FFA. KD means nothing in FFA simply becuasae you can win with 40Deaths and 30 kills, you still won the match, even if second place is 20 kills 8 deaths.

objective: relevent SPM, aka kills dont matter. only score that counts is score related directly with the objective, defends/captures/ killing people near the objecive/ ect. any variation of that be used for SPM,

dont even show KD in scoreboards for the gamemode, only show it in their overall stats.

• 51. Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?
          codchamp

How about we do away with stat tracking all together and just get people to play the game

• 52. Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?
            nuttin2say

Actually, the advanced algorithms go back to at least COD4: MW. I know that because I have done a lot of researching and testing.

- That's how I figured out a long time ago how the spawn system worked

- That's how I figured out a long time ago how teams are created

- That's how I figured out a long time ago that the idea of weapons being "overpowered" is purely myth

- and I can go on and on with with things I now based upon running statistical analysis.

- but mainly, that's how I know all one needs to do is take a cursory glance at a player's kdr, wlr, and spm and there will be a strong correlation as to, 1) how the teams will be balanced and 2) the likely outcome of the match.

That does not mean that I back out if I'm going to be on a loser team. What it means is that I have adjust my approach to dealing with the stronger team.

I'll concede, Ascendant, that you're saying the GIN does not have to be publicly displayed. In that case, I could care less whether they implemented it or not. I doubt they would, though, because its more work on the part of the devs calculating something that works for a limited number of players in planning their strategies. Different players, different teams, different clans place different weight on different stats. Not only that, it's too easy for players to run their own analysis. All you have to do is left click on the weapon stats, drag down until they are all covered, right click, select copy, then paste into a spreadsheet. Sure, you've got to clean it up a little, but the hard work of data entry is done.

Far easier to do and with much more information than was available back in MW1, WaW, and MW2 days.

BTW, a different thread would probably be locked since this one already covers the same general idea - a new stat for the game. In any case, I'm not advocating IW or anyone else adopt a new stat. My only point was that while I like your desire to provide a better or more general measure of player performance (not skill because, as I said, "skill" is a subjective measure, not objective), something that accounts for a player's performance in relation to his specific circumstances would be a real improvement, not a shell game (and I don't mean that to be disrespectful) with currently available information.

Yppecaye makes a fair argument for showing back-outs/DBs. I don't know that it would serve any purpose other than an ability to name-and-shame. Whatever. I'm not saying his and Hobs idea is good or bad. What I will say, though, is that if we can accurately measure forfeits, then why can't we also measure the percentage of time people spend playing solo versus in a party?

There might be merit to the GIN idea ... if both forfeits (I call them that because regardless of the reason for leaving the lobby, a loss SHOULD be scored and factored into WLR) and time spent playing in parties or time spent playing solo were also made available.

You do that, then you've got stats that can truly provide an overall view of player effectiveness.

• 53. Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?
              ToxicFuture

No stats lead to rage quitting, b1tching, and boosting. They should make stats only available to your friend list, so people don't have to worry about insecure little morons taking jabs at them.

• 54. Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?

It does not capture or quantify skill. You can win games with out ever having to kill a player at all in objective games (only id tdm or ffa is k/d really even important). So it is not an accurate rendition of a players skill by any means. Just would be another stat players would use to stroke their epeen and brag about, even if was hidden from the public. Players would take screen shots of photo's of it to show off to other players or friends.

• 55. Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?
                  Yppecaye_the_Dogged

trialstardragon wrote:

It does not capture or quantify skill. You can win games with out ever having to kill a player at all in objective games (only id tdm or ffa is k/d really even important). So it is not an accurate rendition of a players skill by any means. Just would be another stat players would use to stroke their epeen and brag about, even if was hidden from the public. Players would take screen shots of photo's of it to show off to other players or friends.

Different people value different stats.  Some reasonably rely on them, some don't.  Some know what a stat means and does not mean, some don't. 

Just because some might brag about, worse cheat/dashboard/boost to get a certain stat, it doesn't mean that we shouldn't have them.  There are plenty of people who knows how to read a stat with level headed perspective and who find it useful. 

I say make available any stat you can think of.  Nuttin's forfeit % and solo/party ratio, as well as Ascend's GIN, can be a good start.   

• 56. Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?

Less stats is better than more stats in some cases. Not every kind of stat needs to be in the game.

• 57. Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?
                      Yppecaye_the_Dogged

ToxicFuture wrote:

They should make stats only available to your friend list, so people don't have to worry about insecure little morons taking jabs at them.

Wouldn't you be just as insecure if you're bothered by the insecure little morons taking jabs at you.

So what if it might encourage stat padding.  Fact of the matter is the vast majority of players don't pad their stats.  Why let a few bad apples dictate what information should be available to the rest of us. 

Moreover, transparency, not secrecy, is more conducive to eliminating stat padding.  For example, as mentioned above, if we had a quit/complete ratio, it certainly would discourage some from padding.  How proud can you be of your KD if your quit/complete ratio of 1:0.2 is there for everyone to see. 

As far as naming and shaming goes, if anyone ever deserved a little shame, it's the stat padders.  They'll get no sympathy from me.

• 58. Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?
                        Yppecaye_the_Dogged

trialstardragon wrote:

Less stats is better than more stats in some cases. Not every kind of stat needs to be in the game.

Transparency is better than secrecy.  I trust most people to have better judgement; you focus more on those that don't. 

• 59. Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?

there is no real reason that is has to be made available to everyone to begin with. Just play the game for fun and go from there. Too many people take the stats in this game too serious. I really wish they would allow stats to be hidden if wanted or only shared with friends/clan members or no one at all.

name and shame borders on slander and harassment which is against the xbl tos which is why it is not a good thing to have a stat that may lead to this.

for those that only care about their k/d they would not care about that stat nor lose any pride in their k/d because it was there.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next