1 2 3 4 Previous Next 244 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2014 12:22 PM by newm8n Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: 4 HC modes at launch...

ToxicFuture wrote:

More like 20-25%. They shouldn't be giving the cold sholder to such a huge part of the community.

yeah right ive never seen a hc mode with more than 10000 people in it. that does not equal 25%.

nolifeking only the mod can dictate if i can post or not so keep such dirty and un constructive comments to yourself

• 11. Re: 4 HC modes at launch...
          scotland-rules

Guys we do need to remember that this list isn't confirmed by anyone official.

• 12. Re: 4 HC modes at launch...
            rankismet

bonby-flo wrote:

i dont think it matter only 5% of the base plays hc.

That's cool... I don't think you English.

p.s. It's "matters".

• 13. Re: 4 HC modes at launch...
              rankismet

scotland-rules wrote:

Guys we do need to remember that this list isn't confirmed by anyone official.

Yep... it's not "official". Neither were aliens in extinction mode until today.

What does that tell you?

• 14. Re: 4 HC modes at launch...
                RunAndGun1

I love HC, too. And, not to throw a wrench into the discussion, I think a factor may be the percentage of players actually playing HC. Does HC make up a large percentage of the total player base? Maybe the head count is less then we think. Hence, they may be basing their decision on that factor.

Thoughts?

• 15. Re: 4 HC modes at launch...
                  maccabi

RunAndGun1 wrote:

I love HC, too. And, not to throw a wrench into the discussion, I think a factor may be the percentage of players actually playing HC. Does HC make up a large percentage of the total player base? Maybe the head count is less then we think. Hence, they may be basing their decision on that factor.

Thoughts?

while only a few are privy to the actual uu's it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see if there's 100k on mp and 30-40k are in hc  . how much of a percentage that is roughly. I dont think the decision was solely based on headcounts either like bo2 theres alot of extra modes and the space for them has to come from somewhere. Plus you also have the spectre of dedis lurking cant have loads of dedis set up for one particualr mode if that mode only is going to attract a tiny playerbase

• 16. Re: 4 HC modes at launch...
                    rankismet

maccabi wrote:

RunAndGun1 wrote:

Thoughts?

while only a few are privy to the actual uu's it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see if there's 100k on mp and 30-40k are in hc  . how much of a percentage that is roughly. I dont think the decision was solely based on headcounts either like bo2 theres alot of extra modes and the space for them has to come from somewhere. Plus you also have the spectre of dedis lurking cant have loads of dedis set up for one particualr mode if that mode only is going to attract a tiny playerbase

I don't think there was a decision making process.

• 17. Re: 4 HC modes at launch...
                      Project-VAG-DANO

Thats shocking if true,

I would honestly have expected at least something along the lines of

TDM

FFA

SnD / SnR

Blitz / (Enter other new modes here)

Cranked

Special (DLC / 24/7 etc)

Im not a big twitterer but didnt Treyarch get an awful lot of stick on there after revealing BO2 would only have 4 HC modes?

Surely IW would have seen that mistake and realised 4 wasnt enough.

I love HC but find TDM oh so boring, KC has been over played over the last couple of titles, DOM just isnt my cup of tea, and cranked well it sounds fun but i cant see myself playing it for 12 months, at best maybe once or twice a month for a laugh.

• 18. Re: 4 HC modes at launch...
                        rlbl

Not quoting numbers, because they would be false but...

Has this not been a problem since BO1 (and likely before)?  Remember "Bombs and Flags"? I believe the basic reason was there was not enough people playing HC (or some games modes of HC) to warrant maintaining the lists.

My memory could be off, I am old.

I find it disappointing (I am primarily a HC player, and was very pissed because my friends ONLY played HC HQ in BO1), but my gut tells me that either:

- They are not deliberately trying to piss off the HC community

- The player base numbers do not warrant the inclusion of all (or at least of the most popular) game modes in HC

- The potential of pissing off that % of the community is a blip on the total player base*

* the 3rd was a random thought from a business perspective background, not saying it has any merit

• 19. Re: 4 HC modes at launch...
                          maccabi

Project-VAG-DANO wrote:

Im not a big twitterer but didnt Treyarch get an awful lot of stick on there after revealing BO2 would only have 4 HC modes?

yes

1 2 3 4 Previous Next