23 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2013 2:32 PM by Foxhound-Pro RSS

Same-old Same-old?

skMace0

*Disclaimer: yes, I'm back. But how long I stay depends on you guys *

I have a discussion question I would like to ask you guys, since the skype group chat proved to be largely unhelpful..

My birthday is coming up, so I'll have a little extra cash to spend on a new video game. Will Ghosts be worth the buy or will it just be the same old CoD crapola?

Thanks, in advance, for the feedback! It's well appreciated.

~Mace

• Re: Same-old Same-old?
          Schuesseled

If you didn't like any of the Call of Duty's then it's safe to assume you won't like this one.

Ronin2012

hire it from a shop and see what you think. crisis over

Ronin2012 wrote:

hire it from a shop and see what you think. crisis over

Brilliant idea, there's me banging on about buying the game 2nd when there's this option first, then if the game is playable, then buy it 2nd hand. Good thinking batman

skMace0

You guys are just as ueless as the skype chat...

maybe I have to elaborate a bit more on my question. I want you guys to convince me why I should buy this game.

What's different from past games? What's the same? etc.

what are the pros and cons that you can see from the changes the devs have made?

Most importantly: what are YOUR opinions on the game?

like2nap03

Sorry but I can't help you much yet.  Not till I play the game.  I'll give you a couple things that I like about it.

Wii remote controls should be better.  A_Trey_U had "plans for the future" in implementing controller improvements.  If implemented, then the controls will be better than ever.  It's features we've never had before.

Sniping should be more difficult.  So you won't have so many quickscopers running around.  (no I'm not going to argue with anyone about QS in this thread.  There's another thread for that already)

It has an alien mode instead of a zombie mode.  I don't know why but that is more appealing to me and I might actually try it.

Support will be the same, but if we're lucky we'll have A_Trey_U back on the boards to discuss issues.

Other than that I haven't looked into it a whole lot.  It's COD.  I don't think they changed enough to make it drastically different than the other games, but I haven't read into it very much.  A couple of the new game modes look interesting and I might actually be able to play them without so much lag after I move and get better internet (which will happen in two weeks so long as this house deals finishes up ok) So that's a plus for me.

Edit:  Good ol'  Trey just said they made some changes.  Can't wait to try them out.

skMace0 wrote:

what are the pros and cons

Obviously the biggest con will be you will most likely be sorry to waste $£50/60. Other than that, watch the demo's and make up your own mind, the game isn't out yet so no one can tell you how good it is. And no, I'm not trying to be rude.

skMace0

What are forums like this for if you're just going to tell me to make up my own mind??

Forums are meant to discuss the said topic, which is what I'm trying to facilitate. Rather, you come and leave this useless comment that is 100% counterintuitive to the thread. I would rather you not comment at all than to drop this dung bomb.

Yes, I know the game's not out yet. What I'm asking for is opinions and thoughts based upon what we already know from the press releases and trailers. Discussion. Not "oh, go watch the trailers and decide for your own." THAT WASNT THE MOTHERFLIPPING QUESTION. Discussion, that's what these forums are for, and that's what I'm trying to get from you guys. So far, Nap has been the only one with a constructive comment in this thread (thanks for the input, bro!)

*sigh* ok, rant over with... Now I remember why I stopped coming to these forums. Its a barren wasteland of any intelligent thought...

It makes perfect sense to me, and I already said I wasn't trying to be rude. Stupid? I may be, you can't fix that. Its not my fault you took it completely the wrong way. Bye!!

like2nap03

skMace0 wrote:

Its a barren wasteland of any intelligent thought...

That hurt my feeling.  (Not a typo.  I only have one.)

All I did was state the obvious and she calls me rude lol. You just can't help some poeple i'm afraid

skMace0

And now you've resorted to name calling because you're sensitivities have been hurt.. Quite mature

Sorry nap, it was just an overarching statement. I know there are good guys like you (though few and far between) that still try to make this forum a productive place. Its just so full of tolls and idiots that its nye impossible to sort through all the muck...

I didn't call you anything, there must be a full moon tonight, its a case of pot kettle black going on here.

skMace0

1. I didn't call you rude, I called you out on it by being rude myself (it was intentional for more or less satirical purposes)

2. You referred to me as "she." That's a pretty clear-cut example of name calling in my book. The intent was obvious and you're lying if you deny it.

Now you're just making yourself look stupid. I said at the start until the game comes out there's no way of telling you what its like. I thought the comment may sound blunt and short, so I said I wasn't trying to be rude. Then you go off and accuse the whole forum being full of trolls. Please, just go away and stop acting like a spoiled kid. Btw, you've heard of the phrase, learn to search? A little reading never did anyone any harm..

skMace0

How so? The point of a forum is to have discussion about what you know about a certain topic. Not to tell someone to go off and read on their own. I've done some reading of my own, but I want feedback from others about what they think. Its not a hard question, but I see you've completely missed it.

Oh, this forum isn't full of trolls? Remind me, how many times have you been banned by foxy (this is lighthearted jest, don't take it too seriously)

skMace0 wrote:

How so? The point of a forum is to have discussion about what you know about a certain topic. Not to tell someone to go off and read on their own. I've done some reading of my own, but I want feedback from others about what they think. Its not a hard question, but I see you've completely missed it.

Oh, this forum isn't full of trolls? Remind me, how many times have you been banned by foxy (this is lighthearted jest, don't take it too seriously)

I missed nothing, and i've been banned about 3 times, maybe 4..

Foxhound-Pro

skMace0 wrote:

What are forums like this for if you're just going to tell me to make up my own mind??

Forums are meant to discuss the said topic, which is what I'm trying to facilitate. Rather, you come and leave this useless comment that is 100% counterintuitive to the thread. I would rather you not comment at all than to drop this dung bomb.

Yes, I know the game's not out yet. What I'm asking for is opinions and thoughts based upon what we already know from the press releases and trailers. Discussion. Not "oh, go watch the trailers and decide for your own." THAT WASNT THE MOTHERFLIPPING QUESTION. Discussion, that's what these forums are for, and that's what I'm trying to get from you guys. So far, Nap has been the only one with a constructive comment in this thread (thanks for the input, bro!)

*sigh* ok, rant over with... Now I remember why I stopped coming to these forums. Its a barren wasteland of any intelligent thought...

Generally speaking forums are meant for discussion. If you'd watched the trailers, brought your opinions and then asked for opinions on those opinions to help form a decision, then yes, that would be applicable to what a forum is. Instead you're asking people to make up your mind for you. Your tastes and opinions can't really be crowd-sourced. You need to literally review content to get a feel.

Locking this thread since the logical response to "should I buy it" is being considered trolling and, or, nonconstructive. I've seen some pretty nonconstructive posts come from people, especially Pauly, but what you're taking issue with is far from it.

The skype chat isn't useless.  We talk about very interesting stuff like...ummm hmmm Well I'm kicked out of the chat for 2 days because I said something sarcastic about Chris' mom.

Well Chris is a better creator than Semper but it's still far from a democracy.

skMace0

Going back to NAP's original post:

I'm glad they're making sniping tougher, quickscopers could really get on my nerves... I'll leave it at that.

Extinction just seems like an unoriginal rip-off of a zombies attempt. I mean, I'm excited to see how they've developed it, but I don't have real high hopes for it. I don't expect it to be nearly as good as zombies.

Glad they're still working on improving the controller functions...

What new game modes are they adding? Sorry, haven't done a whole lot of research on this part, just copypasta the link or a quick synopsis of the modes should be fine