17 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2013 5:01 AM by rlbl RSS

Why am I good at bo2 and rubbish at mw3

I Like to think I'm pretty good at bo2 and have about 200 15 gun streak medals can't get a gun streak over 15 in mw3???

keano138
        • Test #1
          Re: Why am I good at bo2 and rubbish at mw3

MW3 doesn't have as many head glitch locations as BO2 does which does play a part in the difference.  However, the biggest difference and likely your issue is gun kick/flinch.  In MW3 the guns don't always kick straight up and the gun flinch is basically the same as BO2 without toughness.  You can reduce the gun flinch by using the focus proficiency.  That will help you make the guns feel more like BO2 guns.  Or you have to adjust your aim lower to compensate for the kick mechanics.  If I remember correctly upper abs is what you want to aim for.

Edit:  I actually played MW3 last night for the first time in many months and I don't know if it was lag (I don't think that it was) but I got killed a number of times by guys that hadn't even turned the corner yet on my screen.  I suspect though that it wasn't lag so much but rather bad camera angles that made my routes poor.  I'm sure that when I used to play MW3 regularly I instinctively hugged the right corners and avoided these issues but being a noob again I basically made my enemies job a lot easier by giving them a full view shot on me while my view of them was completely obstructed.  Granted there may have been some lag involved that contributed to this problem as well but generally speaking when I engaged them in the open I didn't have much trouble killing them.  So the lag couldn't have been too bad even though I had zero chance of winning.

Last Edited: Oct 31, 2013 5:29 AM
          • Test #1

Basically, MW3 requires more skill, BO2 the skill gap is reduced. So that would be why.

Last Edited: Oct 28, 2013 8:15 AM
            • Test #1

MW3 doesn't have the option for target assist for multiplayer also like BO2 does.........Like the other guy said focus proficiency will help.........

Last Edited: Oct 29, 2013 7:18 PM
              • Test #1

There are a number of reasons why MW3 takes more skill over Blops 2. Also imo Blops 1 took more skill to do well in more than any other COD.

#1 The hit boxes are smaller in MW3 over Blops 2.

#2 The time to kill is longer in MW3

#3 Even though both games have there lag issues, MW3 does not seem to affect as many people. So actually you more players get a equal connection and therefore you may not be as good as you think.

#4 The weapons take more skill and you have no toughness perk to protect you from someone shooting you.

This is from what i feel and see between both games. I have a 2.20 K/D in MW3 and a 1.90 in Blops2. I fully consider my K/D in blops 2 to not be actual rep of my skill but more or less of BS deaths i see nightly from BS connection and the ever present and OP'd Snipers that everyone uses.

Last Edited: Oct 31, 2013 12:26 PM
                  • Test #1

Focus proficiency is basically Toughness for MW3, which is basically Hardened in BO1.

Last Edited: Nov 1, 2013 4:50 AM
                      • Test #1

Maybe so. One of my biggest gripes with black ops 2 has always been when you are shooting at a sniper it never seems to knock him off target while they are ADS. Go back and play any past COD and you will never see this like you do in this game.

Last Edited: Nov 1, 2013 8:41 AM
                          • Test #1

They get extra decreased flinch because of the player model.  This has been around since MW2.  I got diamond sniper rifles and thought I was being tricked by the killcam until I dished it out myself.  It doesn't seem to happen to snipers who use ACOG though from my experience.  Toughness is too good not to use in core unless you're a shotgunner really.  I'd say Toughness helps people with engagements far more than anything else in the game, as it reduces flinch by 75%, but don't expect the billion threads that the Target Finder got saying it's for noobs.

Last Edited: Nov 1, 2013 11:49 AM
                      • Test #1

Didn't like the replies from the first time you posted this topic? Or just not enough replies to ignore?

Answers required!!!!!!!

Last Edited: Oct 31, 2013 4:52 PM
                        • Test #1

they are not really the same game, sure they are very similar but the way the weapons work isnt exactly the same. each CoD game hows its own flow to it.

Last Edited: Oct 31, 2013 5:04 PM
                          • Test #1

I have the same issue.  I play fairly well with BOPS 1 and 2 but in MW3 I can barely go positive most of the time.

I think maybe my connection sucks for MW3 because it seems like I'm getting sniped all the time when the other player's aren't sniping.

Last Edited: Nov 2, 2013 7:39 AM