1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next 116 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2013 12:58 PM by xThatTributeGuyx Go to original post RSS
      • 90. Re: Clarification of Xbox One Native Resoltuion
        xThatTributeGuyx

I think game mode just runs the game at native resolution. The less upscaling your television has to do, the less lag that will be created. I mean, I'll run game mode and be at 1080p while going through my menus and what not, but depending on the game I put in, it goes right to 720p. Now we'll see what happens with the PS4 as all games are native 1080p, but I am fairly certain my game mode will allow them to run at that because it doesn't have to do any extra work, and my refresh rate is 120.

• 91. Re: Clarification of Xbox One Native Resoltuion
          starbuckfrack

Well for example another reason for me not to get the PS4. They just announced yesterday the PS4 will not be compatible with external hard drives. You will have to buy a bigger PS4 hard drive only from Sony.

• 92. Re: Clarification of Xbox One Native Resoltuion
            rustygun

There seems to be official word all over the net now that ghosts on Xbox one is only 720 up scaled to 1080p? Very disappointing and very mysterious considering we were promised full 1080p on both consoles...?

Ms need to explain this...NOW!!!!

• 93. Re: Clarification of Xbox One Native Resoltuion
              PUR4IDO

They never promised 1080p, they stated that all versions would run at 60FPS. Would you rather have a 1080p version running at 30FPS or a 720p at 60FPS. I'll let you decide.

• 94. Re: Clarification of Xbox One Native Resoltuion
                PUR4IDO

They need to explain what? I don't know if you guys know these but not everything is shown @ 1080p. Certain things look better at 720p. Example, sports look best @ 720p, hence channels like the MLB network are 720p. Another thing, if you live in the US, we don't really know what full HD is unless you are watching bluray. Our technology is far behind and it's rare when we get great full HD from cable, etc. The game is going to look great @ 720p but most importantly it will play smooth. That's what really matters. If you guys want FULL HD, go buy a gaming PC.

• 95. Re: Clarification of Xbox One Native Resoltuion
                  nicedrewishfela

Can you provide proof of this promise?

Smooth Gameplay > Minor improvements in Graphics.

• 96. Re: Clarification of Xbox One Native Resoltuion
                    rustygun

I read it on the internet and was sure I heard it in an interview. But hey, its very reassurring what you're saying and all im really after is confirmation that a) its actually a good thing. or b) it wont make any difference.

Im an xbox fan, always will be, but its a question I would like to see officially answered by IW. I have a hunch they may have recommended a 720 solution to sony but sony perfered to keep the paper spec looking good instead.

• 97. Re: Clarification of Xbox One Native Resoltuion
                      Ronin2012

Its all just teething problems, nothing more nothing less. Of course the XBOne can handle 1080p. Even the WiiU can do that on its outdated hardware.

You need to give developers a little time to get their heads around the system then you'll have forgotten all about this nonsense.  We are talking about 1 or 2 games at 720p not every game in the future. Get a grip people

• 98. Re: Clarification of Xbox One Native Resoltuion
                        starbuckfrack

Well I was considering getting the PS4 AND the ONE. But considering a list of bad things  from Sony is going to change my mind not to buy one at all.

First they dont support external hard drives. This includes thumbdrives.

Second they wont be running Titanfall.

Third You cant stream movies from home.

4th you cant use the Vita outside your home network.

And the 5th story I just read on their FAQ was that the PS4 will not be able to play previously purchased MP3 or ANY music CDs. So if you want to listen to music you have to buy it all over again. My CD music collection are now coasters if I were to use the PS4. Really a Blu Ray player that wont play Music CDs ???

Cant wait til Monday and see what other bad news they got.

So I think one minor game resolution issue isnt the real deciding issue here.

• 99. Re: Clarification of Xbox One Native Resoltuion
                          vims1990

As a XBOX consumer, I found that gif hilarious.

But serious question, I've got a 22 inch LED monitor and planning to buy an XBOX One. Will Ghosts on the XBOX One running at 720p (upscaled to 1080p) be a big deal in terms of quality/framerate etc since I'm playing on a monitor rather than a television?

Here are my monitor specs:

LG E2241V-BN: 22" Full HD LED LCD Monitor | LG USA