1 10 11 12 13 14 Previous Next 159 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2014 11:54 PM by WiimotesRus02 Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
      • 110. Re: `LEGIT ONLY` question for A_Trey_U

to be honest. if the day comes with no console supportion good wiimote controls for shooters.
        thats the day i drop that genre forever. no one will care but i will tell the tale of the wiimote, that made me
        a shooter lover because of control options.

i know we mostly will never get the same beauty again, that was COD Wiimote only World at War.
        Like minded People with everyone having the same controls. There is no Possible fair Way
        to have Wiimote against non Aim Assist Controller. I learned to deal with it.
        Well lets Hope Nintendo makes tons of Money in the Future to Sponsore Wiimote Only Servers.
        [god dam im a wiimote junkie, but it was just such a special moment to finaly enjoy fps games ^^

ps: english is not my native language, and i dont play pc.

• 111. Re: `LEGIT ONLY` question for A_Trey_U

Amen to this ^ ^ ^ ^

• 112. Re: `LEGIT ONLY` question for A_Trey_U

Might as well list off my accolades, I bought Reflex on a whim and currently have all the CoD games for Nintendo sans 3 and have bought all games post Reflex at launch. Unfortunately, Ghosts will be the first game I will not be getting at launch due to all the issues with MW3 and BOII.

A_Trey_U wrote:

The Wii Remote was tested at great length during the entirety of the CoD: Ghosts development process.

1. Did you have people play test it this time around? I'm not being facetious, because BOII had a game freezing glitch in the launch version for the campaign that was UNAVOIDABLE if you did the mission it was in with the Wiimote and using the Wiimote for precise aiming was mind numbing even after the patches.

A_Trey_U wrote:

Is the Wii U version ported up from the PS3/360 ones, or down from the PS4/Xbox One ones? - It's not that cut and dry.  We developed the Wii U version to deliver the best experience it could be on the Wii U.

2. Would you go on the record like Infinity Ward has and say the Wii U is not 'next gen' due to the fact that your current engine for the Wii U is running at sub 720?

3. Now for the elephant in the room. Aim assist for Traditional Controller schemes verses the Wiimote. will the assets of aim assist be ported over from IW's build of Ghosts like it was for BOII, or will the Treyarch team in charge of the Ghosts port for the WiiU version fine tune it to take into account there are players who cannot benefit from aim assist (I.E. Wiimote users) and thus tone it down to balance things out? It was a god forsaken mess in BOII and the main reason I'm not getting Ghosts at launch.

4. Speaking of aim assist, are you going to apply the sniper rifle re-balancing patch that the 360 and PS3 version of BOII. Or maybe get an omnipackage patch that will be dropped on the Wii U version of BOII just to have the final fixes out. Or has support officially been dropped for the game? Because the game is still at the mercy of quick scoping tact rushes. (It's not as terrible as account hijacking like in MW3, but still makes the game not worth playing.) Quick scoping should be gimped again like it was in Black Ops, but seeing CoD actually nerf Quick Scoping would be like getting a prayer from God answered.

5. Will there be any changes or attempts to change the netcode for ghosts? Ever since the switch from lag shooting to lag comp in Black Ops, it seems like I'm forced to be behind other players by a half of second or more. (Pretty thoroughly play tested this MW3.) And considering the style of gameplay, it's a kick in the teeth to have such a handicap when some of your opponents are 13 year olds hopped up on crystal meth and mountain dew with reaction times faster than USAF test pilots.

6. Finally, and this is entirely out of morbid curiosity, would you consider Boosting to be an unofficial game mode that's a mixture of domination and Search and Destroy where players must complete their objective of getting a set amount of kills without being detected and if they are, must also defend themselves and their area from attackers intent on disrupting their operations? I could see the issue of boosters, as they remove themselves from the match for personal reasons, but it's clearly not as bad as it was in MW2, where you could boost for a game ending Killstreak. A hide and seek game mode where one team sets up a mobile HQ and the other team has to find it might be something worth looking into.

• 113. Re: `LEGIT ONLY` question for A_Trey_U

After bo1 and mw3 tac insert boosting problems, who's bright idea was it to keep them in bo2? lol

• 114. Re: `LEGIT ONLY` question for A_Trey_U

in monster hunter 3 ultimate you can talk to people through the wiiU mic i'm just wondering will i be able do this in ghost...i mean i already have a headset it would just be nice have that option

• 115. Re: `LEGIT ONLY` question for A_Trey_U

as long they keep tactical insert, there will always be boosters. i think they just dont care. killing off tac insert would do more good than bad. on blops2 wii u so many boosters. reporting them did nothing, they just kept going and laughed about the reporting stuff.

• 116. Re: `LEGIT ONLY` question for A_Trey_U

They could just remove the tact inserts, that would remove the 'threat' of boosting and utterly neuter quick scope tact rushes in one fell swoop. But come on, that's to easy, and Treyarch always loves to reinvent the wheel instead.

• 117. Re: `LEGIT ONLY` question for A_Trey_U

You could still boost without tact inserts, it's just a bit harder. I once boosted a few years ago in Halo 3 to unlock some multiplayer achievements. (man I miss that language matchmaking trick)

• 118. Re: `LEGIT ONLY` question for A_Trey_U

It's possible, but then you have to do a lot more planning (Where to do it), there's a lot more variables (If the person assisting in boosting gets targeted on his way to the location.), and time consuming (The need to trek back to the location.) Of course if you're just boosting for callsigns, that's a moot point. Either way, we got a lot bigger issues to worry about than Boosting (Aim assist for starters). I'm just musing the idea of making something out of it that's practical.

• 119. Re: `LEGIT ONLY` question for A_Trey_U

1. Do you have to die to get a second KEM strike like MW3 with the MOAB or can you get a 50 point streak and get a second KEM strike?

2. Peanut butter bagel or cream cheese bagel?

1 10 11 12 13 14 Previous Next