47 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2013 3:27 AM by WiimotesRus02 RSS

NO dedicated servers for Wii U

Pwnsweet

My bro was just playing a match and got a message "Picking new host...". This basically confirms that dedicated servers are NOT on Wii U (Edit: Not yet anyway. See A_TREY_U's post below)

• Re: NO dedicated servers for Wii U
          BobbyMcGee

Somebody was talking about some server interface. Does that exist on the other versions? Maybe the dedi's are just on other next gen consoles.

uscoastgaurd

That's called Host Migration. Xbox has it too, It doesn't confirm anything.

Dedicated servers are only for Canada, USA and Mexico.

There are dedicated servers on Wii U. It just that Treyarch not the one hosting it.

like2nap03

They're definitely not on yet.  The game counter still started at 50, but I left a match and it said it was migrating hosts.

the1andonlyIKY

it seems like the matchmaking has been changed again. getting into foreign lobbies again. with quote "retard lag" (courtesy of TwitchyGamer) lol

like2nap03

It's running better for me after the "server change".  It's about near Black Ops 2 levels.  I'd say after about 10 matches tonight that it ran great.  Then I got into one lag fest where I was apparently the host.  So much for that host god mode everyone is talking about.   The next match said I got disconnected from the server.  The next one was laggy as heck so I left.  So 10 good games and then 2 laggy ones in a row.  WAY better than Black Ops 2 when it first came out, but not quite on par with where it was after all the connection hotfixes that they did. 

Then again, it may be on par with BLOPS 2.  Maybe I just get more bad hosts because there are so few people playing.  Only about 254 this time of night.  I hardly ever get a chance to play during those peak hours, but I hope to this weekend.

BobbyMcGee

thats the experience i have had as well. i can do amazing or go barely positive as host, which is why i say there is no host advantage whatsoever.

like2nap03

I wish this game was more consistent.  I guess this is what I get for saying it's been running well.  Been crappy all night tonight.  It saddens me that a 0.4 kdr player can outgun me because my bullets go through him.  Then there are some people that you just can't kill.  They just run and gun with a "lag shield" as the call it on gfaqs.  I don't think it's a coincidence that they have a 2.6 kdr either.

I wonder if dedis were turned on and now they're turned off again.  It's running like it did before where half my matches are laggy as heck.  Taking longer to search to.  Right after the update, It found a match in just a few seconds.  Now it's behaving like it did before the update.  I think they changed something again.  No way to know, but it sure feels like it.

WiimotesRus02

like2nap03 wrote:

Been crappy all night tonight.

Its been like this for everyone I know last night, some of our team just quit for sheer frustration. Its not like it for everyone though, we played a group of players that were unbelievable, we even suspected foul play of some kind. A guy in a guilli suit running like maniac juggernaut and even had the yellow hit marker signs from the word go. I don't know what that is, but while you were shooting at him he just came at you like a dog, one second he seemed twenty feet away, the next he was stabbing you. His whole team was untouchable, even if you were shooting them from behind, they just popped out again and seemed to know your exact location and bam, it was pure crazy..

like2nap03

What kills me (pun intended) is even the sound is laggy.  I can't even hear these people.  BLOPS 2 did the same thing..  People would sound like they were much further away than what they actually were.  So you think you got the jump on them and then BAM they pop out and insta-kill you.  It happened so much in Black Ops 2 that I was convinced dexterity was muting footsteps (coincidentally everyone that killed me in this way was using it).  So I had to test it out in a private match with my clan to see if I could hear them when they used dexterity.  That's when I learned that the sound lags just as much as the character model.

Or in another scenario I would normally hear the person running up to my left as I'm trying to shoot someone in front of me and I at least have time to react.  Now it's like I shoot the guy in front of me (he doesn't die) and then all of a sudden I just die.  Killcam shows someone run up to my left without dead silence, but I didn't even hear them.  Had no idea they were there and of course I can't turn to look cause, you know, I'm busy shooting at someone. 

When the game is running smooth I fire my 3 shots at the guy in front of me.  I know the bullets will connect so I start to turn before I'm even sure he's dead, and then I kill the guy to my left.  I hear him and I react and get the kill.  Nope not tonight though.

I don't think Dedicated Servers exist on any console including the PC and the Next Gen consoles I don't get it they make billions more then Dice cause they only make millions on their games and Call of Duty still doesn't have dedicated servers even Battlefield Bad Company 2 had dedicated servers. Maybe Call of Duty will never see Dedicated Servers cause Activision is either too cheap or they are just lazy.