11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2013 8:56 AM by capp00 RSS

When will the Dedicated Servers come online?

capp00

They were pretty excited with all the announcements that all platforms would support dedicated servers.

Those of us that got it early figured they would turn them on at launch, since pre-launch it was straight p2p. Played it for about 6 hours today and last night. No dedicated servers yet.

Still got host migrations, a few dashboards and some seriously choppy lobbies.

Most of the time it was fine, but where are they? I've asked every account on twitter I know, but no response yet.

So, when they they be coming online?

Thanks

• Re: When will the Dedicated Servers come online?
          otisman666

From what I can tell, it appears that I only get them when playing in Squads mode with more then one person.  Other then that I don't think we have seen them.

darkxair

I feel the exact same way still haven't received any news about when they will turn it on. COME ON TURN THEM ON ALREADY!!!

I've only played about an hour so I can't contribute a lot to this but, I live in a pretty populated area and I still had host migrations too.

starbuckfrack

Remember the GTA online fiasco ? I would say they are probably going to ramp them up little by little. Unless of course they are using doublespeak.

BrentMurph

We are not going to get them, just another lie they told us to get us to buy their game

capp00

I know the system is set up as a hybrid and if you aren't close enough to a dedicated server for a good connection, it will use standard listen servers. But I live in one of the largest populated areas in the biggest state in the country (not counting alaska of course). I know the BO2 dedicated servers on PC were managed by a company call GameServers and they actually had a datacenter in Dallas, where I live. Same with BF4.

So, if Cod:Ghosts is using the same network of dedicated servers, it only makes sense that one would be in Dallas again, Yet I have not seen any evidence that I've ever been connected to one.

Honestly, at this point, I'd be happy with just a response.

Smells Fishy.The whole thing....

Yea i was actually hoping to hear people talking about this so i know it was not just me. im on long island in NY. I really need these servers to enjoy this game man. at least drop some info activision!

I am hard-wired with optimum boost, and always test at about 50 or so download and 20 or better upload (speedtest.net came back with 60/30 yesterday!). also my router is a brand new netgear n900 and i have open nat.

since blops1 i have basically been on the losing end of lag, idk why.

also, i hope that when i move to my xbox one that i will always have dedicated servers, as MS and activision have claimed they will be using the MS Azure cloud for servers.

if i do not see an improvement in my connection to other players i dont see how ill continue to enjoy it. gotta love when the killcam shows that the enemy saw you way before you saw them on your screen.

iamhollywood5

Do you people really think IW was telling the truth about dedicated servers?  Okay okay maybe it wasn't a total lie, but they were very misleading.  They said it would be a hybrid system of Dedicated Servers and P2P - claiming if you aren't close enough to a dedicated server to exceed the performance of P2P, you'll get the P2P lobby instead.  But guess what - when you connect to a dedicated server, it costs Bobby Kotick money.  When you connect to a P2P host, it costs him nothing.  If the game has the opportunity to connect you to a P2P host 5 miles away even though there's a dedicated server just 2 miles away, what do you think will happen?  They'll connect you to a P2P host to save money.  They'll only use a few Dedicated Servers here and there just so they can claim that the game uses them and convince more people to buy the game.

Activision keep your franchise!!!!! I hate you as much as Justin Bieber, there are no dedicated servers and an absolute hush about this from your side. Please choose a ball to suck, and I hope that everyone realizes how crap you are, from this atrocious lie to get people to buy your dying franchise! 

capp00

I made a video, publicly asking Activision & IW where are they?

I'm not a fan of being ignored, by anyone. They have no problems responding to everyone telling them how great the game is, but any time a functional question is brought up, it's ignored:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWt9rSqv9gU