10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2013 1:55 PM by ZestyMagic RSS

Upgrade or Not Upgrade?

I see the number of people are high, and that's the main reason why I bought this version on 360, but I wonder how many others are Upgrading or Waiting to get the One edition, is the One version worth considering?

• Re: Upgrade or Not Upgrade?
          McZOMBI

I waiting about 6 months until I get an Xbox One in case there's problems (there will be) and until true next gen games like Destiny and Titanfall come out. Ghosts isn't going to look that much better on the new consoles, it's doesn't look that much better on high-end gaming PCs. It will have Ground War but not much else extra from what I've heard. It's your call but I'm keeping my money for a next-gen spree in spring. Can't wait.

WKMMS

I was strongly considering it before, but after playing for a while I'm not so sure.  I've actually found the game to be a little bit boring so far compared to the sugar rush that was Black Ops 2.  Part of the reason is that quite a few of the maps are a little big for 6v6.  I suppose the other reason is that people are playing very campy, which is understandable since we are all trying to find our feet and learn the maps.  If 9v9 is the standard for Ghosts next gen then that would appeal to me a bit more, but right now I'm on the fence

codchamp

I have it on order and i am still planning on upgrading it. I am not hating the game but it may take some time to grow on me. They REALLY need to ad some original COD game modes back in and have infection playing the way it did in MW3. If they cannot do this, Then yes. I am absolutely not getting it for the Xbox one.

Yeah I knew in advance I wouldn't get Ground War with current gen, and I'm okay with that, I mainly play Hardcore, and I'm still trying to get a crew together for Clans. I don't blame the campers since the game is New and people are scared of the Terrible Spawns, but at least I'm getting the hang of things with the L115. I figured the game would only look slightly better on next gen, and only Ground War would have the gameplay difference, but as I said in the OP I'm mainly about the number of players. I just don't know if I should stick to this after New Years or Upgrade before then. I prefer to play against the masses online instead of the few dedicated players like those still in COD 4, going up against the same people over & over gets boring to me.

I wouldn't upgrade if i had to pay full price again, but as i can upgrade for £10, AND keep my 360 version - then sure, why not!

Gamestop offers the $10 Upgrade till the 31st of December, in the FAQ they list retailers who offer it

Upgrade gives you 1080p Upscaled Graphics & Ground War Mode

Ruben said the game would start at 720 for the One, but Upscaled to 1080p.