11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2014 1:23 PM by Brexican94 RSS

PS3 MOTD

FoxtrotAqua

Whenever I try to get on Mob of the Dead, my PlayStation automatically crashes. It happens to a couple of my other friends too and it annoys the crap out of us. Anyone else with the same problem or is just because something is wrong with our game?

• Re: PS3 MOTD

It has something to do with the Apocalypse DLC map.

There is a fix for this that I have done and it works. What you need to do is delete the game data utility for Black Ops II. This will delete the downloadable content packs and the campaign data, but it will not delete your trophies, multiplayer ranks or stats, or your zombies stats. The next step is to re-download the content packs with Apocalypse being the first one you download, then all of the other ones. Next, do a system file restore on the PlayStation as there might be some corrupted files. After doing all this, try Mob of the Dead and it should work.

P.S., do not click on the option "Restore PS3 System." That will wipe your hard drive clean.

FoxtrotAqua

I Know it took me awhile to get back to you, but thank you so much! It is now working with no problems.

Rockker-1993

Save game utility? Elaborate, as I would like to see my Hellish pack a punch weapons once more

thecalmquail

If you go into the game tab on the xmb (where you select what game to play) if you scroll to the top, you'll see it there. I'm just gonna go bump a much better thread on how to do it.

Rockker-1993

Got it to work. You don't lose anything, except your Peacekeeper class setup, and that's nothing you can't just put back together.

1. Delete ALL Game data.
                        2. Download all the map packs with Apocalypse being first and Uprising being last.
                        3. If you are a tad ADD like I am, download them in the background and play a different game.
                        4. Install the packs
                        5. ???????????
                        6. PROFIT
                            hoboMurder101

I haven't played MOTD in months since the whole freezing issue began.  I knew there was a fix for it, but didn't bother to look into it until last night.  Thanks to this thread, I can finally play it again.  Thanks for the help!

Rockker-1993

The devs have abandoned us, as of now. So I think this is the only way to fix it. Not hard, just a little time consuming depending on your download speed.

Lunar---tick
                                    Problem is nobody is playing it. very hard to get a game. Even worse for grief. i think last night had just 75 people
                                        hoboMurder101

I think the reason why no one is playing IS because the devs ditched out on the game.  PS3 didn't even get a final patch if my memory is correct.  Considering it being such a common issue you'd think they would have at least did ONE more to fix it, but since they didn't... it drives people away from wanting to play it.

Even if it is such an easy fix, the less than average players may not even bother to go through the steps to fix it.  They'd just play another map that they know already works.

Brexican94

You guys took the hard way out. The last map pack added an extra folder in the save data and all you had to do was delete it, not everything else.

It takes less than a minute to go in and delete a single file. Deleting everything and then redownloading is just a waste of time. Plus, if you don't delete the smaller file, it'll override again and it'll stop working.