1 2 3 4 Previous Next 114 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2013 3:24 PM by lewdmouth Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: The Official "Die Too Fast" Thread
        RoeParcRanger

So in BO2 people complained about being killed after shooting someone in the back, and now in Ghosts people are complaining that they cannot turn around to kill someone once they've been shot in the back.

• 11. Re: The Official "Die Too Fast" Thread
          mazematik

RoeParcRanger wrote:

So in BO2 people complained about being killed after shooting someone in the back...

Did I complained about being killed after shooting someone in the back in BO2?

NO

Now, in Ghosts, when I'm being shot at from behind... I'm not asking to be able to turn around slowly while taking a piss, sipping my coffee and texting on my cell... all we want is some gun fights like rondougie wrote.

• 12. Re: The Official "Die Too Fast" Thread
            RoeParcRanger

I never said you complained I wrote "people" so try reading a comment before thinking it's a personal attack on you. M'kay?
            I'll tell you a little something if you're shot in the back you die, try turning round occasionally, or working with someone who'll watch your back.

• 14. Re: The Official "Die Too Fast" Thread
              mazematik

RoeParcRanger wrote:

So in BO2 people complained about being killed after shooting someone in the back, and now in Ghosts people are complaining that they cannot turn around to kill someone once they've been shot in the back.

People here, people there... I think it's pretty clear you're referring to the same "people" whether they're complaining about BO2 or Ghosts.

• 15. Re: The Official "Die Too Fast" Thread
                vims1990

mazematik wrote:

RoeParcRanger wrote:

So in BO2 people complained about being killed after shooting someone in the back...

Did I complained about being killed after shooting someone in the back in BO2?

NO

Now, in Ghosts, when I'm being shot at from behind... I'm not asking to be able to turn around slowly while taking a piss, sipping my coffee and texting on my cell... all we want is some gun fights like rondougie wrote.

You may have not however being a regular here, I can assure you players here, on Twitter and YouTube complained about the "shooting first, dying first" issue often in BO2.

It's a lose/lose situation for the developers. You increase the health, players will complain about  poor hit detection, "taking half a clip to kill" etc. You decrease the health, players will complain about being "insta-killed" or no chance to react possibly because the opposing player shot first.

Or....it's possibly latency that could be causing these insta-kill deaths.

• 16. Re: The Official "Die Too Fast" Thread
                  mazematik

Ahhh... now we're talking!

Here's a constructive answer based on objectivity and facts.

I suspect the latency (like you mentioned) to be highly responsible for these insta-kill issues sometimes.

Thanks for the info.

• 17. Re: The Official "Die Too Fast" Thread
                    biron_w

I don't have a problem with people dying quickly as it's very annoying having to empty half a clip into somebody to kill them, what I don't like is that you don't get a red screen anymore or any idea you're being shot at.

As I've said in other threads this isn't just down to lag as it happens offline against bots as well. It's like there is a delay built into the game. Maybe it's a sign that the game engine used is finally at the end of it's life?

• 18. Re: The Official "Die Too Fast" Thread

I am a hardcore mode player so I cannot comment to much on the core aspect but it takes us about 1-3 bullets depending on the gun and the distance and the attachments that you have on it. If we are talking an assault rifle no attachments its 1-2 bullets depending on where you hit them. I honestly think this hit detection is the best by far out of any call of duty. They have improved the stupid ballistic vest to where its now actually a "vest" and not a ballistic suit that no matter where you hit them(even in the head) it would take like 4-5 bullets in hardcore and that was in MW3 which basically ruined the game for me and my group of friends. With ghosts though the hit detection is amazingly accurate, as for the person that posted you can shoot them in the foot and they die but in the head they don't, I do not know what game your playing clearly mw3 and not ghosts because ghosts hit detection is awesome period. What y'all need and its not just the core people its everyone is a better spawning system. The maps are bigger now and they should be able to fix the spawning to where you wouldn't spawn with someone behind you which is the way most of us get killed regardless of it being hardcore or core. There should be no reason to up the health at all, it should be 100% all around, they don't need a hardcore health. The only difference in core and hardcore should be the HUD like in battlefield. If you are playing and not just spawning and someone legitimately sneaks up on you and shoots you and i mean actually hits you not just shooting at you in the back then you should NOT be able to turn on them period(unless their aim is really bad) because i mean come on thats just stupid. Y'all should not complain about health and whatnot, the simple solution is to switch to server based system, activation and all its underlings that make COD have plenty of money to turn this franchise into a server based system to where there is not Host lag and all that nonsense, especially with Microsoft's new server system that they offer to developers now which titan fall has taken advantage of. I think thats enough of my rant for now.

• 19. Re: The Official "Die Too Fast" Thread
                        vims1990

I'm not 100% sure personally as I haven't played it. I'm waiting for the next-gen version of Ghosts but just based on watching livestreams and gameplay, I think latency can have a noticeable effect of insta-kill deaths.

Also, IW have not shown the "ping bars" so you can't tell if it's connection that is causing the problem or the host is your lobby is lagging. Hopefully once the dedicated servers come in effect, the experience is better.

Bear in mind that the game has only just launched so there are going to be server/connection issues as well.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next