1 2 3 Previous Next 80 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2013 6:39 PM by SinCaraxx RSS

Maps Force Camping

LastShadowCOD

Is it just me or is there an overabundance of campers?

• 1. Re: Maps Force Camping
          GamebroCrazy

Every new CoD game is going to have some campers in them (a lot for this one though) so I usually don't have issues with them. The maps do seem to give those campers an edge as the SAT COM's are ground based so camping to protect them would make a little since (plus if you got 4 of them on the field, you get a advance UAV effect) and Riley (the Guard Dog) does make growling noises (snarls when an enemy is approaching you're exact location which might prompt Riley to pursue or confront the enemy) when people are nearby (I think whimpers mean that they are at a farther distance in you're area or saw someone pass by you from behind and never saw you or the dog) so I see why people camp... and lets not forget the infamous IMS killstreak. In addition to the camping, the portable radar works only when set off causing a semi-expolsion which results in... well I think you already know what happens. One last thing that could be causing it is the spawns IW set up purposely so that people worked as a team and call out players and watch each others six so why move when you can just camp together? So yep, expect more campers then ever...

• 2. Re: Maps Force Camping

Yes, alot of campers. A_Trey_U should really look into with his team on increasing lobby sizes of KC, Domination, and TDM to 9v9. And keep the other playlists as is.

• 3. Re: Maps Force Camping

The flipside of the coin is the maps are so large that if you're a committed camper, you might go a LOOONG time before someone passes in front of you, which consequently delays your ranking up.

I like that there are many more obstacles/places for cover (makes it feel more true-to-life). Just because players play at a steady pace and post up at a wall INSTEAD OF running like a moron into the middle of the map does not equal camping. Last night it seemed some players couldn't differentiate, and that's troubling to me.

• 4. Re: Maps Force Camping
                Megadog14

killthmessenger wrote:

Just because players play at a steady pace and post up at a wall INSTEAD OF running like a moron into the middle of the map does not equal camping. Last night it seemed some players couldn't differentiate, and that's troubling to me.

It seems like a good portion of the community consider even just ADSing before shooting to be camping... People have complained about camping for the whole series, don't expect them to change now.

• 5. Re: Maps Force Camping

LOL True, but not true. Lets be real, its a CAMPER. They do it for a living, they would wait a whole match to wait for a person to walk by them. Because they know if they run out of their "spot" they are just gonna die in battle. Campers arn't good at run-n-gunning, they lose their gunfights easily thats why they wait until the enemy's come to them.

• 6. Re: Maps Force Camping

ive been playing FFA, i have noticed some campers, but have had no issue at all fighting them. when i played TDM i actualy got issues of the game being very slow, simply becuase team members seem to stay slightly packed making half the map empty, while in FFA player are spread throughout the map fairly evenly.  There is more camping but it is easily countered in this game.

• 7. Re: Maps Force Camping
                      nintendon't

It's not the maps, it's the high bullet damage.

• 8. Re: Maps Force Camping
                        Whack-a-newbie

Face it ladies, this is not your father's Call of Duty. It's a new era. The days of plopping down in the middle of Main Street in Standoff and charging down the boulevard run-n-gunning with your SMG as you dominate the game... that's gone. Most of these maps require patience, skill, strategy, tactics.

The clan that develops and maintains a team strategy... THAT'S who's going to pwn these streets.

• 9. Re: Maps Force Camping

Lol you people think campers are bad? I see them as sitting ducks waiting to be a positive statistic for my K/D.
                          Hint: CHECK YOUR CORNERS WITH ADS... duh.

1 2 3 Previous Next