7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2013 9:38 AM by Bastadge RSS

Spawn System Patch

The spawn system can be horrendous at times, often on large maps such as Stonehaven I have been spawned directly in front of someone or they have been to me.

Seem to remember another title had this problem and they patched it so hopefully this post will help, wish there was a way to contact the developers directly or a suggestions forum.

• Re: Spawn System Patch
          r33k

yea, i have this problem on DOM on various maps. sometimes on KC as well. spawn system is jacked again. why does this happen in every release?

austinwbest

My best guess... They are trying to avoid spawn trapping... I can agree with this but damn draw a line somewhere and at least check if their is an opponent within 2 feet of the spawn point! Pick at least half the map, not 5 spawns in 5 completely different places on a 1000 acre map

Jacomofo

AAgreed spawn trapping in bo2 was a massive issue remember that time when everyome kept getting spawn trapped in demolition on nuketown dying repeatedly while a lodestar shot missiles at you constantly!.......That was some bad times probably that is why their is no dem in ghosts...

I would like to see their spawning algorithm because I've experienced a variety of WTF moments.  I noticed they were spawning me next to teammates even if they were in a gun fight and I'd get shot in the process.  Then I'd spawn just a few feet further away, but the same corner camper would be looking at me and kill me before taking a step again.  But I've also spawned across the map from my team and started to move towards them, only to be confronted by a few enemies around the corner.  Their spawning algorithm seems to be random and nonsensical.  Every game seems to struggle with the spawning, but this seems worse than usual.  I don't understand why the code is so difficult to get closer to "right."  I don't expect perfection, but this is just silly.

stunned4life

It's brutal, I was playing Dom and spawned 5 times right next to the enemy flag, took two steps and got shot. Viewing the killcam I spawned directly infornt of enemy who had a dog and the dog chomped me before i took a step! There are more problems with the game and the majority agree. it just feels broken as far as a call of duty game is.

The point of the game is to control a map with these spawns it is not possible.  My clan is really tired of these spawns we can not control any map . I have been killed many times from behind 3 sec after I spawn.  My whole team on one side of map and bam they spawn behind us.  They created clan wars and squads not us so why make it impossible to control an area of the map. Objective base games are dang near unplayable due to the spawn system

I Was playing infected(which sucks compared to the version on mw3) and i had an infected person spawn infrount of me when running though the garage on one of the maps, he ofc host advantage knifed me instantly knocking me off my streak. GG