37 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2013 11:06 AM by TankGirl73 RSS

Franchise killer

Let's start off by saying, what a let down, really! I do not know how others feel about this game and I could care less what they feel but I can say that it was a waste of my money. Let's start off with the maps. Did you guys think that these maps were OK enough for 6v6? I would like to know where ground war is, because these maps are WAY too big for 6v6. The amount of camping spots and blind corners are beyond frustrating The action aspect is gone because you spend more time running around looking for people than you do anything else. People don't even run around anymore, you guys pretty much catered to the campers who paid $60 to sit in a corner, circle jerking their muzzle for the entire match. Moving on from the maps, where's Hardcore Domination? Probably the best game type and it's gone. Moving on from that, I want to point out the mechanics in the game. Why do standard game modes feel like hardcore? I sit there and unload a clip in the person and get 1 maybe 2 hit markers, I get shot once, and I am dead but the killcam shows he shot me quite a bit. People change weapons and shoot at the same time? I spawn and guess what, someone is RIGHT there to kill me right off the bat. I should NOT be spawning in front of an enemy. I also want to say that I unloaded a clip into someone who only had their head showing and I get hit markers, I mean REALLY? REALLY? What the HELL is that? Every time I pick up a new weapon from the weapon crate or the ground, I die before I can even fire. People just come out of the wood work. I am almost always dying from being shot from behind or the side. I barely ever see anyone in front of me. There is no competition in this game, it's either you are facerollling or getting facerolled on and it's usually being facerolled on. I had no problem getting kills in MW2, MW3, BO or BO2. This game, I have gone into the double digits maybe 3 times since launch with kills and every single game I have played I have went double digits, into the 30s a few times with deaths because of the above mentioned issues. Increase the amount of life we have and reduce the amount damage the guns do. Bring back Hardcore Domination and reduce the camping spots, blind corners and the broken spawns. The ONLY thing you guys have done good with this game was removing the tactical insert and the graphics. Everything else, just...... wow, where's my refund?

• Re: Franchise killer

nice wall of txt.

you dont get a refund for failing to adapt.

So you are suggesting I sit in a corner and play with my barrel for the entire match like everyone else? Oh what JOY this is going to be now. I thought sitting in a corner was going to be boring, I can't wait to try it. All I need is a PC with me in my corner. Hopefully no one comes and takes it from killing them over and over and over.

On a real note, adapting takes time, not days. I can promise you and Activision, I will not waste the time to do this.

Or a smartphone.. with an E-trade app.

deamonomic

you dont need to sit in a corner, run and gun still works just fine. And I must say that it is amusing as hell that this is the 6th "franchise killer" released in the cod series... and yet... the franchise lives on. People have made this same claim about all of the past cods. People need to give the game time before they claim the series is ruined. But they never do. People continue to expect a perfect game at launch despite the fact that no game has a perfect launch. All games receive mass amounts of refinements after their release and the ones that dont truly suck.

I never had this feeling toward any CoD since MW1. This is the first game I have felt this way and think was a complete waste right out of the gate.

deamonomic

really? you didnt have any ill feelings during the horrible days of MW2? when every game there was atleast 2 players doing the care package glitch for several months on end? or how about the wall glitches that never got fixed? danger close,  tubes on top of one man army AND death streaks? could go on for days about all the issues in that game.

While this may be the first time you dislike a CoD game, you should understand that every CoD release gets people saying exactly what you have said. Every CoD tends to have a horrible reputation which plagues it until the next call of duty releases.

I don't even need to read this to know how bad this game is. It's boring, bland, and very unappealing. On core, CORE!, it only takes about two bullets to get killed. I could literally go on about this crap, Call of Duty is dead you fools, move onto a better more appealing game already.

By far the most boring Call of Duty yet.

Exactly what I am feeling and saying about this game. Standard game modes takes so few shots to die now, it's beyond ridiculous. It feels so much like Hardcore. Please Activision, just make every game type label say "Hardcore" this way we know what we are playing.

So.. you've figured it out to be hardcore in essence, but want them to rename it to "Hardcore" so that you know it's hardcore?  I can see them fixing that for you...

No jackass, I want to play a standard game with standard game rules and damage, not hardcore damage. I shouldn't be dying from 1-2 bullets from across the map from a sub machine gun.

Firesens

Actually SMG's kill in 5 from medium to long range, up close they kill in 4-5.

AR's are the game killers here, 2-3 shots at close range, 2-3 shots medium to long range. It's like there is no damage drop off for AR's in this game.

I feel that SMG's should kill in 4-5 at close, same goes for the AR's.

I want to add, this game isn't called Hide and Seek: Ghosts, is it? Because that is what I feel like I am chasing, playing this game, Ghosts.

Dr_Rad

Another person who just wants Nuketown size maps.  These maps are not big at all other than a few, most of these maps are like the size of MW2 maps.

Oh, and they will have ground war on the next gen consoles, 360 and ps3 couldn't handle 9v9.

Annnnd what about PC? What about past cod titles handling 9v9? I don't even like or play ground war, I was suggesting the map sizes. I do NOT want nuketown sized maps because I hated Nuketown as it is, since BO 1 I hated it. I want maps like the size of Yemen, Carrier, Cargo, Summit, Meltdown, Overflow, Standoff, Uplink. Not these giant ass maps that takes like 5 minutes to get to one side. Then again, I do not want a map that I can throw a grenade as soon as the match starts and get a multikill either. Free fall is a perfect sized map.

Dr_Rad

These maps aren't giant lol, unless you haven't played like MW2 and are just use BO2 sized maps.  A lot of people hated how small the BO2 maps were and finally get good sized maps now.

I played since MW 1 and do not remember the maps sizes from before BO1. If they were big, I guess if I didn't have a problem with them at that time, they couldn't of been that big.

It's not just the size of the maps, it's weapon distance. I think my problem with the "maps being too big" is that I play split screen and can't see the tiny dot of the player that just shot me from clear across the map with a smig using iron sights. I have a pretty large television, and can see any other Call of Duty player just fine in other games. If I'm being sniped at from that distance, then it feels like a legit death, but a smig? Belt feds, ARs, and sniper rifles should only be able to fire like that clear across the map.

i totally agree with what you're saying.

you can run around for 3mins and finally find someone and after the 8th bullet to their head they turn around and then one shot you.  respawn infront of someone else and dead instantly. class example earlier where i shot someone 5-6 times perfectly in neck and they killed me with 1 shot to my foot.

i choose not to adapt and play like a ***** hiding in corners.

I'm honestly wondering what in the hell they were thinking when releasing this game. This game seems like a half assed job instead a honorary COD game. To me it looks more like the alpha version of the actual game, its as if they ran out of time designing the game and gave out this bogus version of what they call a COD game.

This game SUCKS

The lag and spawn killing is unspeakable

Tick7

Lol at the ppl saying "you just need to adapt"

The name of the game is highly appropriate.

"Ghosts"

The best strategy in this game is to hide. Pick a nice corner, or a nice area of crazy clutter (oh there's plenty!), and just hide.

I ran into 2 campers on cranked yesterday. It's cranked lol!

Now those 2 guys have the right idea. Don't move. Don't do anything. Now that sounds like a great, innovative, exciting game.

i took 3 days off from work to play this game and stood in the line, played for 3 hours and i was already bored, i played something else for rest of the off days i had. it felt nothing like cod, i think i was playing BF with worse graphics and with less players, maps sucks, lists goes on, oh and their dedicated server sucks B$$$ too. i think even Blacks ops  was more fun to play than this Crap. Worse COD ever

NorcalBob

I say give it some time and check out the range weapons like the MK14 (very nice) and the MSBS (burst rifle killing machine).  This game may really require ACOG or equivalent to get the long and medium shots in conjunction with quick draw and stealth perks.  Work it out folks - thats my plan anyway(for now). 

This from a player who is now looking back to BO2 as my fav COD of all time.  Why you ask?? A:  Because it was fun.  The presitige system, camo challenges, and point system made for incredible Replay- Ability.  I fear that Ghosts will be quick in its life and become very tired and may in fact lead to many people finding things to do with their life than sit on your arse and play games.

I read it all. Because unlike many that are responding, I have a better attention span, and I probably am as disappointed as you because also unlike many people posting here, bought the game with my own heard-earned money and didn't make momma pay for it. I agree with you completely. There is no fun in huge maps where your only option is to snipe or be sniped, and that requires camping. What's fun in hiding when everyone has to hide an nobody has the balls to seek?

devidog_kyle

Really? The most common things people are hating on are as follows, map size too big, campers, spawn kill.

I am not saying spawns are perfect, I agree they need work. These so called campers, don't see how camping is even effective on these maps. As far snipe or be sniped, this map has tons of routes to get to any one spot and tons of cover. Try using some knowledge of the maps to flank them. I do not support camping, but why should I run into the middle of the map and not expect to get killed. I'm sorry but your post just doesn't make sense and your attacking other readers is just childish.

I do not believe that defending someone [the creator of the thread] from all the belittling comments above mine is 'childish.' I'm not in charge of your self-esteem if you were offended by something unintended for you. If you understood my comment after reading all the other comments, you'd know that I wasn't attacking "readers."

MY AR-malite [AR-15] rifle is a DEFENSE Rifle, not an Assault Rifle!

I think this game is AMAZING!I didnt like MW3 but I love this game. Anyone who reads this post if you do not have an HDTV then this game WILL BE CRAP TO YOU.

Laggggggg

Ghost is a great game and in no way has killed the franchise.  Running like a headless chicken will just get you killed so learn the map's sight lines and stay out of situations that don't compliment your weapon. I rush most games and almost always have the highest kills in the lobby.  We all have the occasional bad game, but if you're dying that much on a regular basis you're doing something wrong.

Can't believe I actually read that **** this guy just posted. He contradicted himself so many times. Especially where he goes on about how "The maps are too big! Where is the ground war! These maps are not suited for 6v6!" and then somewhere else in the post he says "I can't even pick up a gun from the ground without someone coming out from the woodworks and killing me".

Just a typical "Jimmy No Thumbs" who hates the game because he sucks at it. Move along, nothing to see here.

Bielsalmighty

OP, if you were truly an HC player you wouldn't be calling out for more life and weaker guns.

However, yes, HC players have been utterly shafted this time round. 3 modes. There had better be a DAMN good reason for that. As much as I enjoy this CoD (and I do) Titanfall is looming larger and larger on the horizon. Now is not the time to be fobbing off 30% of your customers...

SoupyFrog1

well i really love the campaign like a lot and mp well we have to adjust at first i was negative like 5 kills 20 deaths now 30 kills 7 death just give it time.. PLUS COD GHOST IS NUMBER 1 IN THE UK

LargeLentils

The game is solid. Yes the maps maybe bigger but so what? There is plenty of action. I am loving this CoD the most, with MW2 right behind it.

The game is great.

jcostanzo27

double digits three times since launch?  thats horrible.  you would have to actually try to be crappy,    Adjust to the new style and new maps.  thats what people do when things change.   you cant run around playing the game like its BO2 when it is not BO2

Like many multi-platform games coming out, the maps seem to have been designed for bigger matches.  I suspect that the PS4/XBox1 will have more players per match because (supposedly) the HW can handle it better.

However, on the Xbox360/PS3, the maps ARE too big for 6v6.  IMO.